Crowd.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I've been going to Brookie for longer than I care to remember and believe the crowd was more like 17,000 today - not 15,000. I was on the hill, as normal, and it was pretty full.
Your thoughts?

Was on the hill with the family, too, and thought 15,000 looked about right. The stands weren't full and the area still under construction knocks out a corner of the capacity.

Another average crowd watching the premiers on a beautiful sunny day!! I don't get how we can't fill the place!! There was 50k of Manly fans on GF day. Imagine how the crowds will end up when we eventually have a bad year! We have had a great run and we still get crap numbers!!

Wonder what the excuse could be for locals not turning up in force? Surfs up, a little bit windy, $10 steaks at Newport, chance of rain perhaps. Dreadful Manly locals, dreadful!!

**** off Darren you are a bloody wanker

Out of town team playing like busted would have been full against dragons or dogs

I reckon it felt like 17, but there is a fair bit of space around the new building work that was off limits. My 5 were there.

We always take a small bet on crowd figures for brookie fans. My bet today was just over 15,000.
I won the bet

It was a very decent crowd, there was clearly over 15,000 there, don't kids get in for free or something? Even if it was only 15,000, that's good in comparison. The Raiders are not a Sydney team, last Saturday night the Bunnies got 12,000 for the cowboys game, Penrith for 9,000 last night, I don't think the Roosters got too many today and the Eels VS Dogs game was two Sydney teams from the area. I really do believe if we had a better stadium we could get closer to 20,000 each game.

i could count the raiders fans with 2 hands, could probably fit another 1.5k around the hill another 1.5k in the empty stands and 4k in that construction space.

Shoe1 said:
I reckon it felt like 17, but there is a fair bit of space around the new building work that was off limits.
Agree but, as I've said before, I still think the crowd counters are faulty!

Darren said:
Another average crowd watching the premiers on a beautiful sunny day!! I don't get how we can't fill the place!! There was 50k of Manly fans on GF day. Imagine how the crowds will end up when we eventually have a bad year! We have had a great run and we still get crap numbers!!

Wonder what the excuse could be for locals not turning up in force? Surfs up, a little bit windy, $10 steaks at Newport, chance of rain perhaps. Dreadful Manly locals, dreadful!!

There would have only been 100 Faders supporters. The crowd that gets on the hill is almost always impressive. There were plenty of 'expensive' seats in the Ken Arthurson stand. Why is this? Is the view poor? If so, then they should be reduced in price.
But, from many years of experience, I felt 17.000 was in the ground.

Darren said:

You are like a broken record, and a bad one at that. How the hell can you compare a Sunday arvo regular season game to a GF you peanut. Of course more will turn out for a GF, it is a GF after all. What was the crowd at the SFS today with the Roosters? I am sure they played at the SFS. At the end of the day we would all love more people but 15k is what was expected.

The Who said:
Darren said:

There would have only been 100 Faders supporters. The crowd that gets on the hill is almost always impressive. There were plenty of 'expensive' seats in the Ken Arthurson stand. Why is this? Is the view poor? If so, then they should be reduced in price.
But, from many years of experience, I felt 17.000 was in the ground.
Manly has probably the most expensive reserved seating out of all the Sydney teams.
Tickets for the Ken Arthurson stand cost $55 plus costs of around $7 if you use ticketmaster, which take it over $60, and that's for a seat on the goal line, same ticket at Parra stadium cost about $30.

For the premiership winning team chock full of internationals 15k is an average crowd on a warm Sunday arvo on which everyone has been crying out for. It is less than Sydney FC and even the stupid Tahs. AFL draw in massive crowds and you have to wonder why we can't even fill Brookie anymore? Is it prices, venue, transport, value for money or just a poorly supported club?
People on here are getting used to low 10's types crowds as okay but financially they are a killer for the club. With this top class team we are fielding, I don't know what Penn can do?

Again Darren, you are comparing Apples with Brussel Sprouts. The Tahs, Swans and Sydney FC are essentially the only team in their code in the city, they have a monopoly. How many league sides are there in Sydney? How can you compare the crowds?

We should be averaging 20k but when you have the game live on TV it has a massive impact. It is great product to watch on TV>

Congrats on comparing a club NRL side to the NSW representative rugby side and the sole Sydney soccer side, point well made

But we would be more popular than Tahs and FC, surely? I do know they are 1 teamers but can't believe there would be more FC fans than Manly fans.
Anyway guys, I'll leave it at that. I remember being a kid mad about going but worry that many this new generation coming through aren't. My feeling is that literally the world's best rugby league team should have more than an average of 14k.

What a ridiculous thing to say to criticise a 15,000 crowd with part of the ground under construction!

There would normally be around 1,000 who would stand in that area.

17,000 just about fills the place these days. A 15,000 crowd means just about all vantage points are taken. There were about (maybe) 100 in the Arthurson stand that were empty. That's the only problem i had with the crowd.

17,000 means people have to stand 10 deep under the Fulton/Menzies stand. They didn't do that today and couple with the standing corner under construction, 15,000 figure seemed right.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4