Crowe brags about Inglis signing on Leno

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz link said:
So if he came to us you would be unhappy?

I get the deal is dodgy - and yes it is questionable if he is the best player in the world but seriously.....he is a very good player who would be an asset to any club

Yes id be pissed,i love both our centres and our 5/8,we dont need a merkin like him

Round 1 the Broncos & Telegraph attack the integrity of Inglis/Souths.

Round 2 Crowe implies something was very shonky with Inglis' manager and his relationship with the Broncos - which seems to suggest Mundine needed to get involved for Inglis to even hear a counter offer to the News Ltd owned team's offer.

Why would Crowe need to go to overseas media to make these allegations?

Inglis can be the next big signing to do nothing and go nowhere at souths.
Apart from burgess plenty of big names have joined that club only to spend a couple of seasons doing stuff all then dissapearing.

It'll also be the first time in his career hes not playing in a team full of super stars cheating the cap. Be interesting to see how good a player he actually is.

Side note....whats the deal with Joh Lang already been told the'yre going to have a replacement coach in 2012? He been given the flick already? Or only wanted 2 years in the job?

I personally think his retirement is a cover for a Bennett Grab attempt,i hope they fail,i love to see the "pride of the league" languishing outside finals contention

Shane link said:
I personally think his retirement is a cover for a Bennett Grab attempt,i hope they fail,i love to see the \"pride of the league\" languishing outside finals contention

I heard that Lang gave them a retirement date when he took the job, so no problems there.

Too early to Crow, Crowe!

"Inglis still belongs to Melbourne: Gallop"
BY ADRIAN WARREN
18 Nov, 2010 01:00 AM
NRL boss David Gallop insists superstar Greg Inglis is still contracted to the Melbourne Storm despite South Sydney parading him in its colours this week.
.."
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/inglis-still-belongs-to-melbourne-gallop/2000896.aspx

The Saga aint over - good too see three Clubs messed up by a messed up Player who thinks the world owes him a free pass.

MANLY4LIFE link said:
deadset the guy plays 3 good games a year and its not even for his club side lol ....its origin ,he doesnt dominate or lead a team around the way a \"true champion \"and leader does and as said above i think he will be a primadonna wherever he goes and think his s**t doesnt smell ,actually he and rusty will go well together

it was proven that when he played 5/8 he couldnt run a team like lyon !

Regardless of the wankerness of the story, the good news is the promotion of the NRL overseas, even if it's via a variety show. The chat would have no doubt had NRL highights playing over it and this can only be good for the game...

He's more Randy Moss than LeBron. Hope Souths enjoy that fine lockeroom cancer that they've got there.

I'm sure one day they'll realise they actually need a halfback.

They will want to win the comp next year. They are already marking players to get rid of at the end of next season - Luke, Sandow are 2 of them.

I heard on tv this morning that under the salary cap Soufs are registering Inglis @ $190k. On top of that they have managed to get another $300k of third party payments.

This comp is turning into a bigger farce than we have ever had. The cap is meaningless under the current structure. Jobs for mates and nepotism is rife. Ricky Stuart is Blue's coach and lauded by Lozza, Alan Jones to the IC, Gallop keeps his job, probes into the Storm cap scandal and the Cowboys First Score betting taking forever, ref blunders, season schedule at the whim of tv networks, etc etc. I am thinking of taking up another sport to invest my dollars.

ManlyBacker link said:
I heard on tv this morning that under the salary cap Soufs are registering Inglis @ $190k. On top of that they have managed to get another $300k of third party payments.

This comp is turning into a bigger farce than we have ever had. The cap is meaningless under the current structure. Jobs for mates and nepotism is rife. Ricky Stuart is Blue's coach and lauded by Lozza, Alan Jones to the IC, Gallop keeps his job, probes into the Storm cap scandal and the Cowboys First Score betting taking forever, ref blunders, season schedule at the whim of tv networks, etc etc. I am thinking of taking up another sport to invest my dollars.

You are spot on about all of this. I'm surprised that more hasn't been made on this site, and in newspapers, about Souths trying to get Inglis registered for $190,000. It is either wrong - which wouldn't surprise as it was reported by Danny Weirder - or an outrage.

We should offer to buy Luke immediately.  He's a terrific player and would be a winner for us.

Seems Rusty's big mouth has come back to bite him. The deal was smelly from the start, so sucked in to Souths and Inglis. LOL all round.

The NRL has blocked Greg Inglis's $1.8 million move to South Sydney in another stunning twist to the Kangaroos centre's ugly contract saga.

NRL auditor Ian Schubert is set to prevent the realisation of Souths' $1.8 million contract with Inglis, penned after his shock walkout on Brisbane Broncos earlier this month.

And the Rabbitohs may have their own Hollywood star and owner Russell Crowe to blame.

It is now highly unlikely Inglis will play for the Rabbitohs in 2011 with Schubert resolved to can the foundation club's proposed three-year deal for the injured centre, who still remains contracted to Melbourne Storm.

The sobering reality is that Inglis could be lost to the NRL altogether, with French rugby union clubs left as his likely suitors.

Crowe's boast on Jay Leno's Tonight Show in the US has helped skittled the Rabbitohs deal - with the NRL's alarm bells ringing when the South Sydney owner revealed Inglis had been secured for three years on a deal worth "roughly about $1.8 million".

The $600,000-a-season figure Crowe alluded to ridicules Souths' attempt to have Inglis squeezed under next year's salary cap on a base salary of only $190,000.

It was to be topped up by numerous third-party deals that will now be ruled as obligatory under the salary cap.

"I hope for Greg's sake it gets sorted out pretty quickly because we certainly want to see him be able to settle down and concentrate on his footy," NRL boss David Gallop said.

"It must be frustrating for him (Inglis) but he has got an agent and, frankly, that's what agents are for."

The Rabbitohs would have to shed several blue-ribbon stars, headlined by club skipper Roy Asotasi and Maroons Origin forward Dave Taylor, to keep Inglis in 2011. It remains unclear if Souths are willing to do so.

"It's frustrating Souths paraded him in their colours when it's not resolved," Gallop said. "It's true that Greg's contract position is not resolved.

"Everyone involved has known for some time he is under contract with Melbourne Storm and needs both a release from that contract and the approval of the salary cap auditor."

The ineligible Rabbitohs deal shapes as another huge blow to Inglis, who will undergo hip surgery today after earlier reconstructive surgery on both shoulders. His weight has already ballooned to 118kg.

Yup. Unless they provide Manly with Dave Taylor (as Manly are back in the blue-chip player stakes according to Mr Penn).

Taylor / Kite up front would be pretty sexy.

Ryan link said:
Yup. Unless they provide Manly with Dave Taylor (as Manly are back in the blue-chip player stakes according to Mr Penn).

Taylor / Kite up front would be pretty sexy.

Taylor would be a great score.

IMO Dave Taylor seems very reluctant to do the hard work in the middle. Most big guys are hard to stop when they run at backs and in particular small backs.

He goes missing when it gets tough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6