Dally M Medal 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the Dally M this year?

• Tom Trbojevic

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Nathan Cleary

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Papenhuyzen

• James Fisher-Harris

• Other

• Total voters

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I don't watch enough Penrith games to see if the following applies to Cleary (I imagine it might).

The reason I only have a passing interest in the Dally M awards is summarised by the voting for our game on the weekend.

Now Tom might just be the best player in the comp (I don't know if he objectively is, he must be close).

But... even when he has a "relatively" quiet game like on Friday night, where I would say Keppie, Marty, Jake and maybe DCE all had better games... Tom gets awarded the 3 points.

I hope he wins it regardless.

Leaderboard at end of Round 10:
Nathan Cleary 19
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 15
Fisher-Harris 14
Ryan Papenhuyzen 12
Tom Trbojevic 12

Last edited:
I don't watch enough Penrith games to see if the following applies to Cleary (I imagine it might).

The reason I only have a passing interest in the Dally M awards is summarised by the voting for our game on the weekend.

Now Tom might just be the best player in the comp (I don't know if he objectively is, he must be close).

But... even when he has a "relatively" quiet game like on Friday night, where I would say Keppie, Marty, Jake and maybe DCE all had better games... Tom gets awarded the 3 points.

I hope he wins it regardless.

Leaderboard at end of Round 10:
Nathan Cleary 19
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 15
Fisher-Harris 14
Ryan Papenhuyzen 12
Tom Trbojevic 12
I agree. But then I saw joey was the judge and understood.

It was similar last week against the warriors. RTS polled two points and he didn’t score a try, had no try assists, no line breaks. Sure, he had 200m but I thought he was actually well contained.

Dally M awards have been a joke for a while hasn't it?
Judges just pick their favourites. They've even given points to someone who didn't even play that particular game.

Dally M awards have been a joke for a while hasn't it?
Judges just pick their favourites. They've even given points to someone who didn't even play that particular game.
Judges didn't even always watch the game!
Unfortunately Fisher-Harris is no chance. No front rower has ever won (no centre or winger either).

The Dally M has always had a clear issue with the judges. I heard Finchy talking about it and his belief was that the judges should remain the same and should watch the game without commentary and external voices but this would be very difficult to do. Regardless, Tommy for 2021 Dally M

2 tries 1 line break 3 line break assist 2 try assist isnt a quiet game. It would take dylan walker half a year to rack up those stats.
I wouldn't be writing off Dylan Walker so quickly. He was about the only player who broke the defensive line those first five weeks.

I hope he comes back strong - we will be even more of a threat if he does.

Trbojevic on Friday had 150 run metres, a linebreak, three linebreak assists, two try assists and two tries against the Broncos.
He was excellent as always... I just don't think he was the most influential person in our team for that result.

Turbo is a good chance if he stays on the paddock, the two short (48 hours) backups after origin may cost him game time.

Turbo is averaging 2.4 points every time he plays this season with Cleary 1.9 points.

Cleary will win it and rightfully so. He’s a gun that plays well enough to score points in every game for the best team in the comp.

With a full season Tom would certainly challenge him though.

From today's match

3 - Tom
2 - Jake
1- Garrick

Cleary 21
RTS 17
Tom 15

Jake would be telling Tom if it wasn't for his sin binning and 400 other indiscretions then he'd have the 3 points. lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8