Daly ripe for picking at right price: Orr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle, there is a saying that ignorance is bliss.

Clicking a User Name and then bottom right of their profile you'll see the "Add User to Ignore" button.

If a user is troubling you, use the ignore button and don't let their posts worry you.

There really is no excuse for abuse.

The Eagle said:
I think its pretty poor that the mods think trolls are nothing but abuse given to these lowlives is somehow worse

Generally TE you have never been happy here. Over months you have repeatedly said don't feed the trolls and now you can't wait to jump in. Pop in here and vent http://forums.silvertails.net/Forum-Have-a-Whinge-Forum

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Moondog said:
Is it just me or is anybody else sick of hearing that Rugby League is a business these days? I used to like it a lot better when it was a game.

Yeah, this is one of my (many) pet hates as well.
If rugby league was a business, surely somebody other than the good folk at News Limited would have figured out a way to make money out of it by now.
It sure as hell isn't a business for the fans, and this is a fans' forum, after all. I've said it before, but nobody devotes their leisure time to a business. You don't love and support a business and encourage your children to love it, too. You love a club, its players and traditions. You care what happens to it because what affects it also affects you.
Usually, fans are loyal to a fault. Once you've picked your team, you stick with it, through thick and thin. That's why we expect a little bit of loyalty and integrity in return. By peddling the bull**** line that rugby league is "a business", they're basically telling us we have no right to expect this anymore.
I'd never looked at it like that, and you are spot on. They figure if they repeat it long enough ( it's a business) no one will question it. Supporting your club is far more than business, it's a lifestyle.

**** off Orr. Worst timing...ever...you nit wit.

ManlyBacker said:
The Eagle said:
I think its pretty poor that the mods think trolls are nothing but abuse given to these lowlives is somehow worse

Generally TE you have never been happy here. Over months you have repeatedly said don't feed the trolls and now you can't wait to jump in. Pop in here and vent http://forums.silvertails.net/Forum-Have-a-Whinge-Forum

You becoming too sensitive.

I was just saying why ban our own when they are clearly here to troll,im not feeding them whatsoever,im refering to them as exactly what they are

Dogs88 re:Snake Trial etc

The Eagle said:

It doesn't matter who they are or where they come from. Under the "Forum Terms of Service" agreement:

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or Australian Federal law."

If you wish to view the full content of the "Forum Terms of Service" agreement, then click the following link:

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service

The Eagle said:
I was just saying why ban our own when they are clearly here to troll,im not feeding them whatsoever,im refering to them as exactly what they are

Dogs88 re:Snake Trial etc

thedogs88 has been given a 50% warning with the punishment of a 48 hour ban

The Eagle said:
Thanks Jethro,i dont feel like a mushroom as much anymore :)

No worries TE. I wasn't having a go at you either, I was just letting you and everybody else know the reasons why there have been some bannings today. All that we ask is for the discussions to be civil without the abuse, swearing etc. If someone is asked/told to cease their abuse etc and then they persist, then warnings (which come with automatic periods of banning) or full bannings will be handed out.

The thing about halves going to other clubs they usually don't hit the heights at the new club due to different structures within the new club ie
Kimmorely and the Northern Eagles
Sean Long and Hull FC

Mind you if I was Souths recruitment officer would sign up Dobson (cheaper option then Cronk who they are going after next) and then Leuluai as a bench hooker

swoop said:
I'm just about over rugby league in general, the enjoyment has been taken away from fans. I'm sick of hearing it's a business because it's not, some businesses have loyal employees who will take less money to stay.

Nowadays it's all about the money, greed and everyone trying to bleed it dry while the fans have to pay more and more each year.

How much is enough for these players? 200k,300k,400k or more? You can't tell me that the players couldn't live comfortably with that sort of cash. The old story will be that they've only got a limited time of about 10 to 15 years max and want to look after their family, it's BS. They're primary concern is themselves, if players came out and told the truth I bet most are doing it for the most amount of cash they can get.

Gotta agree with swoop, when will enough be enough. News LTD and Murdoch have done nothing for the game except that we have seen some teams go by the way and others in severe financial strain.

OneEyedEagle said:
swoop said:
I'm just about over rugby league in general, the enjoyment has been taken away from fans. I'm sick of hearing it's a business because it's not, some businesses have loyal employees who will take less money to stay.

Nowadays it's all about the money, greed and everyone trying to bleed it dry while the fans have to pay more and more each year.

How much is enough for these players? 200k,300k,400k or more? You can't tell me that the players couldn't live comfortably with that sort of cash. The old story will be that they've only got a limited time of about 10 to 15 years max and want to look after their family, it's BS. They're primary concern is themselves, if players came out and told the truth I bet most are doing it for the most amount of cash they can get.

Gotta agree with swoop, when will enough be enough. News LTD and Murdoch have done nothing for the game except that we have seen some teams go by the way and others in server financial strain.

The greedy player argument does not wash. A quick google search of career span of NRL footballers resulted in:

Since 1959 :-

*36 per cent of players have played fewer than 10 first-grade games.

*56.8 per cent played less than 30 top-grade games.

*A staggering 82.2 per cent played less than 100.

*The average career spans only 49 first-grade games and 4.2 years.

Most players would seriously consider higher offers, and why wouldn't they? How much higher they need to be to lure them away depends on many factors, including how happy they are with the current club.

thedogs88 said:
conanu said:
Dogs88 will go back to your own clubs site i dont like like your condecending tone. Its like your offering your sympathy to us we are the premiers you are bottom feeders its that simple really. You bought a coach and his mate thats all now go and talk to your own buddies about what could would should happen for you in 2 years time.

Noel will be there next year from what i understand.

Des is still a big shot too.

However if he doesn't im sure he will get some good things from the players he has brought through :)

As for your bottom feeders mate, your clubs merged. It's on the verge of being broke again and the board is a disaster. I don't like to say it because some people on here are realistic and reasonable. Tossers like you clearly need reminding.

and the real Dogs88 emerges!!
Don't we usually just ban these people? *mod note -he did get given a short break for his insults*

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2