Dangerous.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
What a fantastic win against the odds again last night and well done to the mighty seaeagles. Listening to brandy after the match and neil henry at presser , both have stated manly are a dangerous footy side . We are knocking off the big guns and its like weve got this us against them mentality back . Without tommy we stepped up and banged 30 on them so i think there will be alot of sides keeping a close eye on us.

The comp is wide open. There aren't a heap of sides in top form. Broncos, storm, dragons, sharks all playing really well. Then it's wide open for the other four spots in the 8. We can definitely grab one and play finals this year.

On our day we can beat anyone, consistency in the finals will be our biggest challenge.

The comp is wide open. There aren't a heap of sides in top form. Broncos, storm, dragons, sharks all playing really well. Then it's wide open for the other four spots in the 8. We can definitely grab one and play finals this year.

On our day we can beat anyone, consistency in the finals will be our biggest challenge.

Our issue ( all year) is consistency, up one week, down the next.

A few more experienced players in the team and we'd be there in a big way.

Looks like Myles might be gone ( I imagine we'd be picking up some of his payments) so I'd expect another forward ( at least) would be added.

I think you can lock in these teams for finals footy (in no particular order).

1 Broncos
2 Storm
3 Sharks
4 Roosters
5 Dragons

And the remaining 3 will be made up of these sides.

Manly (I think we are pretty much certain the way we are going)
Cowboys (basically certain is JT returns from injury)
Raiders
Eels
Titans
Dogs

Looks like Myles might be gone ( I imagine we'd be picking up some of his payments) so I'd expect another forward ( at least) would be added.
Yes that will be interesting, either that, or merely making room for the returning Darcy, Perrett and possibly the big unit that came from the Tigers (Paseka?).

Barrett and the boys really are building a great bond - that in itself is crucial to success - tick. Now let's turn that into consistency and we have a real chance of a big year.

One or two more quality signings and we are a premiership quality side.

I am probably in the minority here but I'd love to see Hastings playing with DCE in the halves. Green is a big step up from last year; however, I think Hastings offers better defence, more consistent kicking and a top class goal kicker. Having said that, Green has added to our team and I can see why Trent might wait until his contract is up before moving Jackson to the halves.

It's a good position to be in. Go Manly.

Last edited:

It's not always week to week either: there's been a couple of games this year where we've been the better side by a huge margin in one half, only to be bog ordinary in the other. And we can't even do THAT consistently, with our first half being ordinary at times and the second half being ordinary at times..

We play consistently well and we can beat anyone in the comp.

It's not always week to week either: there's been a couple of games this year where we've been the better side by a huge margin in one half, only to be bog ordinary in the other. And we can't even do THAT consistently, with our first half being ordinary at times and the second half being ordinary at times..

We play consistently well and we can beat anyone in the comp.

Yes we've been guilty of playing " half the game" really well a few times now!

1 Broncos
2 Storm
3 Sharks
4 Roosters
5 Dragons

Raiders
Eels
Titans
Dogs
I think dragons will drop out mate as the season drags on.

I agree with most sentiments here. This season doesn't have a clear elite group. I truly believe that so long as we make the top 8 and are healthy going into September, we're a real chance. And God help the competition if we start winning our home games.

1 Broncos
2 Storm
3 Sharks
4 Roosters
5 Dragons

Raiders
Eels
Titans
Dogs
I reckon we are certainties and will finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th.

Our consistency is there now imo. We grinded out the raiders, belted the bunnies, were belting the broncos however a ****ty call stole our confidence (late in game, and under fatigue) and last night we tore the titans to shreds and remained calm whenever we were under siege (even with 12 men!!! And against the titans, arguably the best attackers in the comp)

Yes we've been guilty of playing " half the game" really well a few times now!
That's why I was so impressed with last nights win. The titans, although playing reasonably bad (likely due to us grinding em down) came back in the second thanks to cecchin, yet we never fell to pressure and displayed defence which can only be described as clinical. We looked like robots orchestrating a task and the titans, despite their best efforts, couldn't get past us other than through a kick and a falcon off Kelly's head.

We have a side that really learns from their mistakes and has been gaining more and more quality experience as the season has gone on

or up one half, down the next!

What a fantastic win against the odds again last night and well done to the mighty seaeagles. Listening to brandy after the match and neil henry at presser , both have stated manly are a dangerous footy side . We are knocking off the big guns and its like weve got this us against them mentality back . Without tommy we stepped up and banged 30 on them so i think there will be alot of sides keeping a close eye on us.
Must admit...felt worried as to where the points would come from??
Watching it live you could feel the energy and attitude....to a man, they all lifted.
If this effort can be produced weekly...they will win almost every game...then with Tom back - dangerous is accurate.
What I really liked besides the 30 points was the massive defence...line speed for the full 80, great contact, numbers, scramble.
Close to a perfect performance under the circumstances.

Must admit...felt worried as to where the points would come from??
Watching it live you could feel the energy and attitude....to a man, they all lifted.
If this effort can be produced weekly...they will win almost every game...then with Tom back - dangerous is accurate.
What I really liked besides the 30 points was the massive defence...line speed for the full 80, great contact, numbers, scramble.
Close to a perfect performance under the circumstances.
Yer mate and a man down for 10 made it all that better .

I am probably in the minority here but I'd love to see Hastings playing with DCE in the halves. Green is a big step up from last year; however, I think Hastings offers better defence, more consistent kicking and a top class goal kicker. Having said that, Green has added to our team and I can see why Trent might wait until his contract is up before moving Jackson to the halves.
I think Barret is easing Hasting in , doesn't want him to thrown in the deep end like he was at the rorters,
they really did crucify him and i think needs a bit of time to build confidence and remember he's only young, got the skills, just needs confidence and a bit of maturity which will come in time..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8