Daniel Vidot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm happy for the club to throw money at guys like Vidot and Tamou so long as their deals end when guys like Jake T etc come up so we can then move the Tamou's on to resign our young up and comers...

Better to spend the cap than have a ton of freed up money but a **** squad

If he can produce these metres, then why not. Big boy and can act as a forward.

The former Raider, who averaged an incredible 165 running metres in 2014, has been languising in the Intrust Super Cup the past three weeks playing prop for the Ipswich Jets.

Up to as many as three clubs have made enquiries into Vidot’s availability but at this stage Manly remain in the box seat to snare the 111kg back.

Would help with a problem we have with getting out of trouble with good carries early in sets plus he is more than capable under the high ball at both ends of the ground although he does have an error or 2 in him. I don't have a problem with us giving him a chance, I think its a similar type of signing to that of Robbo and the possibility that he could end up being as good as that one was its worth the gamble IMO.

I always picked that guy as one of the guys who was on the peptides. He has put on massive amounts of muscle it is almost unbelievable.
He's a bit of a butter fingers but I wouldn't be fussed either way.

Congratulations on the plan B Joe preside over two international class halves leaving the club and get right back in the market and making a statement by signing a winger. This guy has to be a South Sydney plant surely you could not orchestrate this rubbish. I'm starting to believe Joe's plan B is a wooded spoon in the next 3 years and he is well on his way with some of the trash we are being linked to.

If you dug deep enough I think you'll find some decent third party payments care of Rusty to Joe. Once we've got the spoon, Rusty will release his epic movie
thriller," Murdering Manly!"...how to do it and get away with it.

Please just ask yourself why he is in the intrust super cup......perhaps he has some "issues" off the field as the article alludes.

Manly can't fix them all - hell we can't even keep Jorge on the straight and narrow.

I'll pass. Begrudgingly though, I do admire his fearless carries. Not so much his butter hands.

Probably only a 1 year short term deal to cover the loss of Cutherson and Tafua. Has more talent than Blair. His carries can really help the forwards out, plus he is a fantastic finisher. I thought he was one of Brisbane's best backs last year. An avg of 165m is bloody impressive!

Seriously?? Hopefully a beat up, surely it has to be? What a waste of money, he isn't a serious option for prop, is not a half, and has no real experience in the back row. Remind me why we want him again?

We can't be that silly, surely not. If it is to put him on the wing for a one year deal, then I can handle it. Anything beyond that is silly.

Last edited:
I'd be happy for Vidot to come just so I can sing the Lido Shuffle every time he scores

Waste of money and a waste of time....he's useless, hence why he is in QLD cup. He also has off field dramas and we don't need anymore of that here.

Big meter eater and a strong finisher. He was in the frame for origin last year. I'd take him in a flash, he's a stronger version of Chase Blair.

I can't understand all the negativity about Blair. I think he has done a good job every time he has played first grade. He's safe under the high ball, runs hard and does his share of 'hit ups'. There has been criticism of his defensive reads, and this may be true. However, I see wingers from every club getting caught out by rushing in, every match. It must be something that modern-day wingers are taught, so perhaps the criticism should be directed at the coaches.
Vidot, to me, is a winger like Jorge, helping out the forwards with ball in hand and extremely strong. But how much confidence would you have in each when the opposition targets them with bombs?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2