David Perry new Ceo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you Larissa....as we are....job well done, and todays news on DCE was great.

Larissa said:
David is still Cheif Operating Officer (COO).

He is doing a great job. We are all very proud of what we have been able to achieve towards our ambitious goals for 2012.
You guys are doing an exceptional job despite what certain news ltd journo like to say.

Our clubs in great hands.

Larissa said:
David is still Cheif Operating Officer (COO).

He is doing a great job. We are all very proud of what we have been able to achieve towards our ambitious goals for 2012.

You hear stories like what is happening to the Titans and remember when we were in a bad state. Then, you see stories like we saw today, and realise that we are no longer the ones being hunted for relocation. It feels great being financially stable again.

We have all of you to thank for that, not just Dave. However, I hope in Dave's case, a promotion to CEO is not too far away. Its not fair that Perry has already done so much in less than a year and he can't be compared at the same level as people like Greenturd or Doust.

I'm telling you, we are about to see the true acid test for the club/fans both on and off the park. Suspensions / key injuries lead me to believe we are about to hit a pretty bad rough trot on the field (I personally think we may lose 5-6 here - maybe with one win slipped in there, THEN we may go back on a winning run).

I think that will put the media into a frenzy, and people will question Toovey (Personally, I'm not a fan of our defence still under him - in the 5 games he has coached, we have had an average of 25 points-per-game scored against us).

We seem to be moving more games away from Bookvale, and our roster, well, is getting decimated (as happens). Apart from Cooper Cronk presently, you never hear about Melbourne players meeting with opposition coaches.

Anyways, I'm very optimistic about the future. I'm not so certain though about Toovey (I don't think laid back coaches as he self proclaims himself) work well in today's game. I think marticulous, intense coaches do well (Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett).

So, we'll have some players who have decided what to do in the next 1-2 months. We'll be back at Brookvale and we'll see what crowds are like. We'll see how Toovey does under the pump over that span when the odds are against him.

Interesting times. Perry? I'd give him a B, to a B+ right now.

Sorry, but I have to say this:

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...are you for real?

Toovey has coached Manly for just five games and you are concerned by the amount of points conceded? Give it time! Just remind me what Hasler's winning record was after three rounds in 2004? I think it was one from three.

If they are moving games away, it's use the ground isn't ready yet. Don't blame the Club, blame the Council for their tardy tendering processes.

Phantar said:

Toovey has coached Manly for just five games and you are concerned by the amount of points conceded? Give it time! Just remind me what Hasler's winning record was after three rounds in 2004? I think it was one from three.

If they are moving games away, it's use the ground isn't ready yet. Don't blame the Club, blame the Council for their tardy tendering processes.

Just an opinion. I like our offence. I don't like our defence. Not one bit. It's too easy to mow through us, and I didn't see that when Hasler was here.

The Bulldogs average points against has been 12 in the season proper.

We need to tighten up.

Also, the team Toovey inherited, compared to the team Hasler inherited are two very different beasts.

Phantar said:

I am a fan of Toovey and think he is doing great but to compare Haslers first three rounds of 2004 with Toovey's first three this year just doesn't work. Toovey has inherited a premiership winning squad while manly in 2004 were a rabble.

Very true fellas - but with a premiership-winning squad in 2009, Manly were 2 from 8 after 8 rounds. Extenuating circumstances admittedly.

Toovey's going very well.

We have conceded 55 points compared to the Storm who have leaked the least points at 35 points. We have had a hard start to the season, with lots of travel and no games at brooky yet and a few injuries and this time last year we were 1-2 under Ha$ler, give Toovey a chance lol.

I think this team has a closer bond than most in the comp and Tooves is coaching accordingly, I'm sure he'll slam a few doors if he feels as though the boys aren't genuinely putting in, don't forget it's been a tough start on the road and we're still 2 from 3.

I said to myself I'd be happy with 4 from 6 given our opening rounds but with injuries and suspensions I've revised that to 3 from 3.

torana355 said:
We have conceded 55 points compared to the Storm who have leaked the least points at 35 points. We have had a hard start to the season, with lots of travel and no games at brooky yet and a few injuries and this time last year we were 1-2 under Ha$ler, give Toovey a chance lol.

This

Ryan said:
I'm telling you, we are about to see the true acid test for the club/fans both on and off the park. Suspensions / key injuries lead me to believe we are about to hit a pretty bad rough trot on the field (I personally think we may lose 5-6 here - maybe with one win slipped in there, THEN we may go back on a winning run).

I think that will put the media into a frenzy, and people will question Toovey (Personally, I'm not a fan of our defence still under him - in the 5 games he has coached, we have had an average of 25 points-per-game scored against us).

We seem to be moving more games away from Bookvale, and our roster, well, is getting decimated (as happens). Apart from Cooper Cronk presently, you never hear about Melbourne players meeting with opposition coaches.

Anyways, I'm very optimistic about the future. I'm not so certain though about Toovey (I don't think laid back coaches as he self proclaims himself) work well in today's game. I think marticulous, intense coaches do well (Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett).

So, we'll have some players who have decided what to do in the next 1-2 months. We'll be back at Brookvale and we'll see what crowds are like. We'll see how Toovey does under the pump over that span when the odds are against him.

Interesting times. Perry? I'd give him a B, to a B+ right now.

This is the Ryan we know and love.

I reackon we should get a P - plate spray paint it with gold paint and give it to Dave Perry. Because if he's a P plater he's a golden one.
He has done an amazing job under the most toughest of circumstances I know there's board members of the NRL club who read this site I hope they pass on to David that dispite what those drones at news ltd write the fans at our club appericate his efforts and support him.

I copped heaps for being so vocal in my support of Grant Mayer, I think this fella is just as good if not maybe better.

Just as good if not maybe better? Hahaha one of your best Cam.

I know what you mean though, Perry has been, and continues to be great for the club. We are lucky to have found the right man for the job.

To add to this, Foran was quoted in one of today's papers as saying he had no problems dealing with Perry.

Quite a different story to all the reports of breakdown in negotiations, Foran avoiding management etc etc..

Here is the part you must have read MC.

There were suggestions he (Foran) was unhappy with how negotiations were being conducted at Manly. Specifically, that Sea Eagles boss David Perry had pressured him into a decision..
"That wasn't the case at all, that was all false rumours" he said. "I was very pleased with how Manly conducted things throughout it all and that goes for David Perry - there were no dramas. Hopefully we can put a good title defence together and go back to back, without putting too much pressure on the boys."

spot on bones, thanks.

So, is the manly board and Perry going as bad as some journalists portray? Doesn't seem like it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7