David Williams 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had a fairly good view of his first bomb attempt. Never looked like catching it. His preparation for that bomb was disgraceful.

Bobbles the ball grounding to cost the team a try.

Is found wanting in defence for a try to level up the match.

Has no peripheral vision whatsoever, to calmly pick up the ball and place it over the line. Costs us a third try for the day.

Luckily for us, DCE chose to set up to kick to Blair with 45 seconds to go.

What's doing Williams? As a fan, I admire your talents, and the manic moments you have delivered but there is no place for a player lacking confidence in first grade.

Time to find some inner peace and find your way back through the grades. Stay of the grog and I'm sure your ball handling will improve; just ask Watmough. Work on your improving your game and see you sometime later in the season. Best wishes.

you dont need to think on the Wing.

Unfortunately hes just not that good anymore. Even though Blair's defence wasnt that great today.. thats how Wolfie plays anyway.. at least Blair has other attributes. Hiku im not certain on as a winger. We do need Jorge back though. He adds so much when we play off our line. Huge metres.

I have enjoyed seeing Wolfy do so well over the years but it appears to me that hes not the player he once was. I think his speed is gone and thats understandable after the knee reconstruction. More concerning is his defence and high ball catching. He is now very tentative and error prone. I think a spell in reserves might be needed to get back some confidence and give one of the new boys a run.

KaZa said:
you dont need to think on the Wing.

Unfortunately hes just not that good anymore. Even though Blair's defence wasnt that great today.. thats how Wolfie plays anyway.. at least Blair has other attributes. Hiku im not certain on as a winger. We do need Jorge back though. He adds so much when we play off our line. Huge metres.

The problem is you do need to think on the wing and watch the ball all the time and you must read the game very well, one of the most stressful positions on the field and you must watch your positioning constantly, grubbers, high balls and have plenty of speed. Its still early days and a lot of dysfunctional on the field at the moment with players not being there etc. I am not overly rapped in the new guys either.

I'm getting tired of pulling my hair out. He does so many little things so brilliantly yet stuffs up so many of the big plays. I hate to bag any player but I'm losing all confidence.

Wasn't a fan of his re-signing after last year. Not sure why it wasn't handed over to Hiku or one of the other young guns. Blair seems to be out pointing him in every aspect of his game.

There's about as much chance of Tooves coming out of retirement as Wolfie playing 5/8.

He does seem alarmingly shaky and inconsistent now...made crucial plays against Souffs last week but must be under pressure. He isn't the only one down on form tho and I just hope he bounces back and soon!

Losing Foz late and shifting Killer today didn't help us. I see Hiku as developing into Skivvy's replacement when Steve retires ( IF we can hang onto Hiku and I hope we do). He'll always handle fullback but better in the centres.

Blair shows some promise but we def need Jorge back, and Foran ASAP.

It seems to me the club is prepared to make a tough call on not re-signing Gifty but we held onto the Wolfman despite a number of options who at the very least are cheaper, not taking into account their potential to be a better player for us. I love the Wolfman but he has errors in his game which aren't going away. That being said, I'm not 100% convinced Blair is a long term answer, for his bulk I don't think he gets involved early enough in sets but I think Hiku could have held down a place on one wing this season with Jorge the other.

Wolfies reads in defence are bloody terrible he cost us in the GF last year and numerous other times. He's an ordinary winger Killer makes him look good. I say give the young guy Delroy Berryman a go.

After re watching the game this afternoon wolfie a defense cost us several times. The game is moving back towards big wingers and wolfie is just too small unfortunately.

With that said Blair had some dud decisions too. So not sure what the answer is here

Dan said:
After re watching the game this afternoon wolfie a defense cost us several times. The game is moving back towards big wingers and wolfie is just too small unfortunately.

With that said Blair had some dud decisions too. So not sure what the answer is here

Alcohol.

Now, what was the question?

Go Wolfie, 1 bad game a season does not make!

I was at the game & didn't have a good view of the big screen. Was Wolfy robbed with that video ref no try decision? I was sitting near the in goal area where he scored & it looked ok in real time.

Mals said:
I was at the game & didn't have a good view of the big screen. Was Wolfy robbed with that video ref no try decision? I was sitting near the in goal area where he scored & it looked ok in real time.

The Ref called it a try - it was just like the Foran try in 2011 GF, don't know what evidence the Vidiot was looking for, but it took them 10 views:dodgy:

His left hand grounded it, but then his right hand comes over the top to make it look like a 'bobble' - after the event :cool:

The 'forward pass' from DCE in the first half too - wasn't - and the try was on :dodgy:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7