DCE 2 more years and coaching gig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think it all started when he was the new kid on the block at Manly. Younger than the alpha boys - Snake, Gift, Watmough, Stevie :h: The club was planning for the future and trying to balance the cap. All the old boys wanted to stay but the new kid took up a lot of the cap. This began the dislike of Cherry amongst the cool kids at Manly.
Then when the club put their faith in Mr Karma (Foz) and withdrew Cherry's offer he had to look around.
It was well within his right to backflip on the Titans deal but the Queensland media, led by Tallis, ripped him to shreds for it. The Queensland players including big 3 (wankers) from Melbourne joined in the hate. Newspaper articles crucified the guy.
I believe this treatment of a young man was disgusting and unforgivable. The mental health toll would have been huge for him and his family. It was large scale bullying and everyone involved should have known better.
As well as his playing talent DCE must be a very mentally strong and he's obviously an intelligent bloke. His interviews are always humble and a lot more insightful than the usual, "Yeah, the boys done good."
The only problem I ever see with his play is trying too hard and getting out of position because others aren't doing their jobs.
Anyway - that's my rant. Glad to have a man like Cherry as a Sea Eagle.
As for Foz, this year he's more than making up for his "Karma" comments. He's wound back the clock and playing out of his skin. Would be so cool for Chez and Foz to win another title together.
Go you good things.

If I recall correctly (and I do...)

It was Foz's now ex-wife who tweeted 'Karma'. Foz didn't say it.

Regardless of one's opinion of DCE's skill, I agree the (media) treatment he received was unwarranted and extreme.

DCEs form could fall through the floor in the next two years, and he could start picking up injuries. It benefits noone but DCE to sign him for another two years this far out.
True, but as he's a fit bugger surely none of those injuries could be classified as pre-existing so we could always do the Souffs and Burgess trick.
Win/win.

True, but as he's a fit bugger surely none of those injuries could be classified as pre-existing so we could always do the Souffs and Burgess trick.
Win/win.

Well firstly injuries are a spectrum, you can have minor injuries that you can play through and lower your ceiling but aren't career ending. DCE isnt going to stop playing because of that.

And secondly and most importantly - Ive got no confidence in plans that depend on Manly getting the same sort of preferential treatment that Souths get.

Last edited:
From the Sea Eagles:

SIGNINGS
https://www.nextdayrecruitment.com.au/

Daly Cherry-Evans to finish NRL career at Sea Eagles​

Wayne Cousins 6 Apr 2022, 01:09 PM

Share on social media​

Brilliant Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Captain and Half-back Daly Cherry-Evans will now finish his distinguished NRL career in the maroon and white jersey.

The Sea Eagles today officially re-signed Cherry-Evans for a further two seasons. Off contract at the end of the 2023 season, Cherry-Evans will remain at Manly for the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

Cherry-Evans has played 265 matches for the Sea Eagles and sits fourth on the record list for most first-grade games played for Manly behind Cliff Lyons (309), Steve Menzies (280) and Anthony Watmough (278).
We have always wanted Daly to be a one Club player and are delighted to extend his contract with the Sea Eagles till the end of 2025
Scott PennSea Eagles Chairman
Daly Cherry-Evans Interview

“He is our Club Captain, an inspirational leader and this contract extension will take him well past 300 games for the Sea Eagles.”
Cherry-Evans has scored 72 tries, kicked 136 goals, and 25 field goals for 585 points for Manly since making his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles in their 2011 premiership winning year.

From the Sea Eagles:

SIGNINGS
Recruitment Agency Sydney & Northern Beaches | Next Day Recruitment

Daly Cherry-Evans to finish NRL career at Sea Eagles​

Wayne Cousins 6 Apr 2022, 01:09 PM

Share on social media​

Brilliant Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Captain and Half-back Daly Cherry-Evans will now finish his distinguished NRL career in the maroon and white jersey.

The Sea Eagles today officially re-signed Cherry-Evans for a further two seasons. Off contract at the end of the 2023 season, Cherry-Evans will remain at Manly for the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

Cherry-Evans has played 265 matches for the Sea Eagles and sits fourth on the record list for most first-grade games played for Manly behind Cliff Lyons (309), Steve Menzies (280) and Anthony Watmough (278).

Daly Cherry-Evans Interview

“He is our Club Captain, an inspirational leader and this contract extension will take him well past 300 games for the Sea Eagles.”
Cherry-Evans has scored 72 tries, kicked 136 goals, and 25 field goals for 585 points for Manly since making his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles in their 2011 premiership winning year.

Menzies is on 349 games

They can't wipe out the forced merger of the Beagles

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10