DCE 300th game Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And the Manly club insists that Bob Batty played 200+ FG premiership games.* At most, 205 of them. Not 198 as the NSWRL/ARL/NRL generally claimed.

Plus if you include Menzies’ NE games, you should do the same for Tooves and OJ.

*I think it’s generally accepted now that he did.

Forget the 300th for now, no one cares.

Win the game.

Then celebrate anything you want.
I disagree. I think we need to celebrate these milestones properly. It’s a massive achievement for anyone to play even a few NRL games let alone 300. We should make a big deal of it for all players reaching this milestone - win, lose or draw. That said, it will be a much happier celebration if we win!!!

I've been a vocal critic of Chez over the last few seasons, but couldn't be happier and prouder with the way he's carried himself throughout his whole career.

This year in particular, he has shown maturity, consistency, and control in his game (finally!), and his professionalism, fitness, energy, attitude has always been top class.

Congratulations Daly on 300, I hope the boys rip in for you this weekend

I've been a vocal critic of Chez over the last few seasons, but couldn't be happier and prouder with the way he's carried himself throughout his whole career.

This year in particular, he has shown maturity, consistency, and control in his game (finally!), and his professionalism, fitness, energy, attitude has always been top class.

Congratulations Daly on 300, I hope the boys rip in for you this weekend
Couldn’t of said it better, it’s a fantastic mile stone for any player, congratulations Captain, I trust the boys will reward him and his service to the club with a big effort and a win on Sunday, Froggy also, think there’s enough in those two key motivations for us to sink the Goons and end the hoodoo at the gong. Looking forward to it already.

Another one in the camp of being a DCE critic, but as a somewhat younger fan this is the first time I've seen someone reach a milestone like this having watched their career from the start. And whilst I think his best years came early in his career off the back of an already dominant team, it's hard to deny his commitment to the club over such a long time. And his form this year has been pretty bloody good

Will be down at the Gong to hopefully see the boys step up for the occasion and get a win down there for the first time in 20 years. Funny enough that it's Croker's 100th too, another player I overly criticise but have to admit is a great clubman

I been watching Manly for over 50 years and whilst I have at times been critical of DCE's game management he is the best half back I have watched in a Manly jumper. Congratulations DCE I hope the team puts in a huge effort for your 300th game and win. It is a huge achievement!

I disagree. I think we need to celebrate these milestones properly. It’s a massive achievement for anyone to play even a few NRL games let alone 300. We should make a big deal of it for all players reaching this milestone - win, lose or draw. That said, it will be a much happier celebration if we win!!!
Doubtful if there will be enough of us at the Gong to make an impression, but we can try! I am also frequently a Chez critic, but have watched virtually every game of his since NYC days. Glad to acknowledge he is having a great season, hope the rest of the team lifts to support him properly.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8