Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don’t feel good about this…very stressful. Feels like I can’t get to the tv and I’m checking the score on game day.

Got me beat why they would ever challenge it.

It's like getting pulled over by a copper for speeding and while the ticket is getting written out asking his offsider for leniency.

Hope I am wrong .

Got me beat why they would ever challenge it.

It's like getting pulled over by a copper for speeding and while the ticket is getting written out asking his offsider for leniency.

Hope I am wrong .
I think the challenge is a fair one but the Judiciary won’t want to **** on their mates at the MRC , so I expect he’ll lose & probably be out for 3 weeks after they smack him on the arse for being naughty in asking.

With the NRL’s lawyer only asking 1 question, it appears they’re not fighting this too hard. Maybe DCE will get the downgrade. Being too optimistic? 🌈🌈

With the NRL’s lawyer only asking 1 question, it appears they’re not fighting this too hard. Maybe DCE will get the downgrade. Being too optimistic? 🌈🌈
Too early to tell. They will probably swing back and forth like a coconut tree before showing where they land.

6.45pm – Giles told the panel that they needed to determine which of the Manly players was the most at fault.

“This type of tackle,with the use of the legs to break the balance, is a contributor. There are two points of contact by the two players and what you have to determine is which is the most substantial contributor.”

-------------------------------------------

I find this hard to reconcile. Is he saying the NRL charged two players the upper grading, even though he's saying one is more responsibile than the other? Wtf?

So if they determine DCE most at fault, does Ola get off :rofl:

Giles told the panel that they needed to determine which of the Manly players was the most at fault.

Yeah nah.
It’s pretty clear looking at it that Ola is the major contributor to the tackle, so I’m not surprised they are using that in the defence.

Still think he’ll lose , but that’s more about the Judiciary flexing their muscles than anything else.

7.13pm – Ghabar has been making comparisons with the Hastings-Ofahengaue tackle on Knights fullback Tex Hoy in 2022. Ofahengaue was charged with a grade one offence while Hastings was found guilty by the judiciary of a grade two charge.

“Olakau'atu and Hastings' contribution to the lifting is similar and the role of Cherry-Evans and Ofahengaue is similar. Ofahengaue’s actions were given a grade one charge and Cherry-Evans should be the same.”

7.18pm – NRL judiciary chairman Geoffrey Bellew SC is now giving instructions to the panel before their deliberation. “This isn’t about the record of player Cherry Evans, it’s about the tackle and what his involvement is in it.”

Downgrade the charge and let him play this week.
The NRL don't have to worry about getting it wrong and having it on the back page, that space is reserved for Souths sacking JD.

Wishful thinking.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10