Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Haumole was very unlikely to beat the charge, he didn't get extra loading from the DCE strategy, so to me it was a no-brainer to risk having 1 player suspended rather than 2... and it was successful.

It's a long season, we may play finals, and Channel 9 were talking up Haumole's chances of playing Origin this year... so in a roundabout way this suspension will probably help to manage his load throughout the season.
I’ve been concerned watching Haumole most games this season with something going on with his leg, hopefully a couple of weeks off can fox some lingering issues up

It seems from a report that the Chairman instructed the decision-makers not to take into account DCE's unblemished record. That's ridiculous. The system has to change.
Where was that when Billy "it's not his go" slater was kicking blokes in the head.

The same as when a player like heargeaves goes they use his bad record against him, the same should be considered for a veteran cleanskin

I just watched it about half a dozen times. DCE is fine. As Warren Smith said, “DCE was initially involved but it was all the work of Olakuatu”.

Which begs the question, why was DCE charged in the first place?
And begs the question is he fine?!?!

I think yes - backhanded conversations have surely taken place
And begs the question is he fine?!?!

I think yes - backhanded conversations have surely taken place
call me the prophet

Great result. Only thing that would've made it better would've been Guac successfully challenging straight afterwards on the basis that even the NRLs counsel thought DCE was the major contributor and the panel still downgraded his charge.

Downgrade the charge and let him play this week.
The NRL don't have to worry about getting it wrong and having it on the back page, that space is reserved for Souths sacking JD.

Wishful thinking.
No, 💯 😜

About time that law was changed.
I get why they do not do it (imagine cherry taking out Cleary in a prelim then claiming his "freebie" to play the following week) but good god I would love some mid point than the black and white we have in place.

I find that worse than inconsistency i.e. the obstruction law which if they managed it by the play in front of them has the potential for inconsistency but at least the game would be more like the one we used to know rather than trying to create black and white decisions

(end rant...and sorry as your post had little to do with my rant!)

Speaking of black and white decisions.

What I struggle to understand is why the NRL have the current double movement rule. It once was black and white if you arm touches the ground you can't move it forward. The current rule go your hardest if your body still has momentum? Wow. A body always appears to have momentum when ur reaching forward. Its made grey what used to be clear cut.

On the face of it , Manly had a quite reasonable case to present but by the same token was far from a sure thing in getting a quite successful outcome .
Probably came down to the degree of involvement consideration , bit of positive loading for D C E must have played some part and however limited .
Still would not underestimate both the Raiders and Dolphins ability to lift a bit in coming weeks so having D C E available a big plus on any measure
If it is a bit of a damp track on Friday night , probably a bit more of a leveler factor so even more of a positive having Daly available with his experience and kicking ability
Haumole did not seem to be favoring or noticeably that leg problem against the Eels but regardless, will be missed . Could only expect then to be really primed to go against the Broncs in a couple of weeks or so with the enforced rest

Playing wet weather footy? Not really a noted strong point of our turtle in the past. A big opportunity for him to show us all he can play the percentage game. Bring em forward and dribble in behind. Field position. The games should be won by the better pack. Really looking for patience and composure from our spine. Role the sleeves up and have some fun in the mud. Playing in the wet is the best.

I know the panel were instructed not to take into consideration DCE'S clean record...but FUK me how can you not.
About time that law was changed.
I get why they do not do it (imagine cherry taking out Cleary in a prelim then claiming his "freebie" to play the following week) but good god I would love some mid point than the black and white we have in place.

I find that worse than inconsistency i.e. the obstruction law which if they managed it by the play in front of them has the potential for inconsistency but at least the game would be more like the one we used to know rather than trying to create black and white decisions

(end rant...and sorry as your post had little to do with my rant!)
It did , but I agree with you nevertheless.

In relation to the get out of jail for free card , I wouldn’t like to see this as a carte Blanche for any act on the field , but any that are obvious accidents or whereby the player only pays a small role in the tackle.

I just think players who have played that many games , trouble free , should get dispensation first time charge.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10