DCE and Manly 2017 vs 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader

Came across this last night and reminded me how good a player DCE was last year, IMO his best year ever. Also the way the team played in some of those wins was outstanding, full of confidence and enjoying their footy.

Some keys points I took away were;

Blake green played the first receiver almost all the time and ran to the line before giving early ball to DCE who thrived on it. Was running freely and had lots of time to either run himself, pass or kick.

Our kicking game was outstanding

We are missing Siro

Uate's form and Walker that year was outstanding. Missing that big time.

We need to make getting an organising 6 our top priority. We get 2 players for the price of one. Get this 6 we got top flight DCE back.

I never imagined how much this team would miss Green, in hindsight we should've matched the Warriors offer, but at the time we were looking good to get Moylen....then Pearce.... then Carney....and ended up with hodko. Sad tale right there.

Walker is now back at 5/8 and will improve our backline, as well as taking some pressure off DCE as he'll do some running and not just pass the ball.

I never imagined how much this team would miss Green, in hindsight we should've matched the Warriors offer, but at the time we were looking good to get Moylen....then Pearce.... then Carney....and ended up with hodko. Sad tale right there.
Sad indeed.

DCE will be 30 next year. While I'm sure he can play on for years to come, I feel like the club has wasted his prime years. Like if you offer someone a 8 year deal, thats move 1. Move 2 had to be get someone next to him who will bring out his best. That never happened, or happened for one year with Green. It was like resigning him back then was...

tenor.gif

You can see why they went hard for Pearce, he would of been ideal would of killed it working with DCE - but we had no where near the money to match Newcastle so don't know why we went after him. Would of been over the salary cap for sure!

There is no real options available that i can see in the near future, but has to be a priority for 2019. Hodgo is past it and Crocker has a long way to go! If we could land Norman for a good price without letting any big names go I actually think his style would suit DCE and Manly's attack. But cant see that happening unless we let a big name player go and we cant afford to do that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8