DCE Chip and Chase

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I once saw film of brilliant pommy 5/8 Roger Milward (known as 'Roger the Dodger') chip over the line and regather then chip again over the fullback and regather to score, I think it was in a test against Aus but not sure. Both kicks were perfect and done at full pace, this guy may have been the inspiration for Blakey, who was the best I ever saw.

Blake was great at chip and chase but Bozo used to do it just as good but not as frequently, maybe Blake learnt from Bozo both were great in different eras of our great game.Just watch bozo in both the Cronulla grand final and replay. I remember Bozo playing against St George at the Sydney sports ground when George Hunter was coach , down 20 to nil at half time the team went out and followed Bozo who set up a few tries and they ended up winning 22- 20 that was the day I witnessed the brilliance of Bozo at the time I think he was only 19 or 20 years old, and have regarded him as the best ever player for Manly. he made a 5/8 named and predicted by everyone as the best around , Tony Branson from St George a fool, played all over him and he never reached the heights that was predicted after that game.
manly supporter since 1955,brooky time

I seem to remember an Amco Cup final ( long time ago and memory has faded a little) where Blake killed the opposition with a couple of C & C try's , anyone remember that ??

I thought the chip and chase against Parra was a little too show pony for my liking, the first chip was great composed and well used but the second chip straight after was more about the individual and the spectacular.

I'd say that Phil Blake was the best chip and chase exponent Manly has ever had, with Bozo and Gibbs not far behind. Cliffy wasn't bad at it either.

It was good to see the skill isn't dead though. I think DCE would have learned that skill from his old man. Troy Evans (from what I've seen on YouTube) was a hooker who also partial to a bit of chip and chase, as well as the odd bit of thuggery hehe.

I think Monas once did a famous one which prompted Des to say he pulled it out of his arsenal.

HoldenV8 said:
I'd say that Phil Blake was the best chip and chase exponent Manly has ever had, with Bozo and Gibbs not far behind. Cliffy wasn't bad at it either.

It was good to see the skill isn't dead though. I think DCE would have learned that skill from his old man. Troy Evans (from what I've seen on YouTube) was a hooker who also partial to a bit of chip and chase, as well as the odd bit of thuggery hehe.

He backs up and runs a lot like his father, doesn't have the same thuggery though which is good

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6