DCE doubters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You will also remember,my zimbabwian friend,that i have always said i love him as a player.Until round 2 this year he showed very little to say he would be a great 5/8 and it is hard to argue that.I think at many clubs with established halves he would be a lock.Has developed unbelieveably re ball playing in the last month or so(maybe joeys tutoring is relevant here) and im very,very happy to be wrong,believe me.

and in further defence I also said both Hodkinson and DCE were going to be very good future first graders based on actually SEEING them play against men,not U20 kids in the Qld State League.I remember getting pasted all over the park re Hodkinson and to a lesser extent DCE after the Melbourne game.some of the stuff written about TH was absolute dribble.neither are there yet but the signs are promising.

as for king he is a bit better than i thought he could be but one origin game does not make a superstar.he is a good prop and happy to be wrong again.

He knows how to shrug off a tackle and knows how to take on the line he has a lot of potential and I am stoked he is on our books

He is gradually getting better each game ,but im far from sold on him..
His kicking game leaves alot to be desired.He rushes with ball in hand & doesnt seem to think to far ahead.
Hopefully with more Nrl experience he relaxes a bit & as a halfback starts reading plays in advance...

Would anyone here swap him for Pearce,Hodkinson,Mullen,Wallace,Walsh,Sandow,Hornby,Seymour,Lui,Orford,. No way would only swap him for Thurston,Cronk or Prince and even then would have to think seriously with Prince.

mickqld said:
Would anyone here swap him for Pearce,Hodkinson,Mullen,Wallace,Walsh,Sandow,Hornby,Seymour,Lui,Orford,. No way would only swap him for Thurston,Cronk or Prince and even then would have to think seriously with Prince.

I'd swap him for Mullen, Pearce, Thurston, Cronk or Prince in heartbeat. Would give Wallace a thought as well.

Proven SoO level talent > potential to reach that level.

Honestly DCE has been pretty damn good for a rookie but he hasn't been anything special so far. A lot of the praise for him sounds awfully familiar to the praise Hokko was getting before his signing with the Dogs was announced (At which point he instantly became useless). How about we just hold off on the evaluations for a little while & mark him on his rookie year after he's finished it.

Did you watch Mitchell Pearce yesterday. Absolutely useless, wasted opportunities galore and has no idea about going to the line and drawing in defenders. He as good as he's going to get same with Mullen and Wallace. DCE is only just beginning and people like Bennett and Meninga rate him as future origin. I'll take their opinions over anyone elses.

Mullen,no,Prince NEVER! Id only consider swapping him for Cronk out of the current crop of NRL halves to be honest

Thurston is 2 up himself and worth way to much coin for an aging half

The Eagle said:
Mullen,no,Prince NEVER! Id only consider swapping him for Cronk out of the current crop of NRL halves to be honest

Thurston is a very different player this year, and it is showing in the way they have been performing. He seems to have his act together and it will take that team far if he can keep it up

Thurston is a very different player this year, and it is showing in the way they have been performing. He seems to have his act together and it will take that team far if he can keep it up
[/quote]
Carl Webb's departure might have something to do with that.

susan said:
You will also remember,my zimbabwian friend,that i have always said i love him as a player.Until round 2 this year he showed very little to say he would be a great 5/8 and it is hard to argue that.I think at many clubs with established halves he would be a lock.Has developed unbelieveably re ball playing in the last month or so(maybe joeys tutoring is relevant here) and im very,very happy to be wrong,believe me.

and in further defence I also said both Hodkinson and DCE were going to be very good future first graders based on actually SEEING them play against men,not U20 kids in the Qld State League.I remember getting pasted all over the park re Hodkinson and to a lesser extent DCE after the Melbourne game.some of the stuff written about TH was absolute dribble.neither are there yet but the signs are promising.

as for king he is a bit better than i thought he could be but one origin game does not make a superstar.he is a good prop and happy to be wrong again.

Good to see Sue Ridgepipe admit defeat on both the Foran and King fronts. I was not one of the TH, DCE baggers.

Daniel said:
The Eagle said:

I Realise he is easily the best halfback in the world with daylight second
and easily the best playmaker in the world post Johns-Fittler

But the $700k it would cost to have him is simply not worth it,he is an arrogant pig of a player who thinks the sun shines out his asshole,Thats a Matai and a Watmough in player stocks,2 internationals in their positions that they play for their country,with DCE the arsonal around him is big enough to make up for his current flaws,they arent fatal flaws they are newbie mistakes

I agree with the price tag.

I have disliked him for the past few years, but he seems to have lost the chip off his shoulder this year and his football has improved because of it.

I am also hearing good things about him off the field and around the community. All I am saying is put past prejudice aside and you will see that him minus the chip on his shoulder is making him get back to his best again without all the **** that surrounds it

DCE is very much work in progress. Currently he is doing an adequate job for a first grader. Given a couple of years he will be good - very good. Last match the kicking was not great - couple out on the full & didn't find much grass at all. This is not knocking the guy after a handful of first grade games he's doing as well as any of us could expect but the "messiah" he aint yet!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4