[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Going to be an interesting showdown between the halves this week.

Hunt is constantly thrown up as an example of why DCE isn't overpaid, given he is on a $1mil per season reportedly and allegedly half the talent that DCE is. Going to be a bit embarrassing for the apologists if Hunt gets the chocolates this week.

In simple terms, DCE "feels" he has to do it all...complicating his own performance on the field.
The best operator's in ANY sport will delegate different roles/responsibilities to various players, in turn simplifying their own game and able to play to their strengths.
The players around him also tend to not take much responsibility and in fact, often eyes are on DCE to "make something happen".
Maybe he needs to bark more orders at his troops to take action, rather then feel responsible to throw the magic pass/kick or try the impossible...
He is overplaying his hand and holding the ball too long before deciding what to do.

He would benefit from a few simple sets of 6 distributing to runners. Set the rhythm.

It's like he is overthinking the play and when it doesn't look like happening turns inside or pivots on a circle , He needs to just run the play and if it doesn't work try again have faith in the process

Saw him take a run out of dummy half tonight, thought it was his best involvement, keep saying play him @ 9 because his **** at no 7, he might come good but I can’t stand it, reputation means ****, form is what counts, play cust and shoe in the halves, can’t be any worse than what we have been watching the last few weeks and who knows he might do the job at least until we get a recognised hooker back or he plays himself into form and then maybe he can have another crack at 7 if cust is struggling.

It's sad having to watch him attempt to lead this team around. He is so ineffective in all aspects of his game at the moment it's embarrassing. We need to take the Captaincy off him, give it to Foran, and let DCE play second fiddle, heads up footy. Let Foran call the shots, can't do any worse. The less DCE touches the ball at the moment the better we look. When he stays out of it and it went to Foran and Schuster we looked the most dangerous. Do you think Foz was sending him a message with that hospital pass ?? @:D Stay on your side of the field buddy and let us do our thing over here.

Foran had more touches tonight than DCE, and was our best play IMO.
Our kicking is still poor, as is our defences when the opposition put up an attacking kick to our wings.
I can't understand why we don't have a better kicking game. Foran, DCE and The Shoe are all competent with the boot. We have three kicking options at least, and possibly a fourth with Con. Why can't we develop a game plan that shares around the kicking duties around and which may just confuse the opposition?

Foran had more touches tonight than DCE, and was our best play IMO.
Our kicking is still poor, as is our defences when the opposition put up an attacking kick to our wings.
I can't understand why we don't have a better kicking game. Foran, DCE and The Shoe are all competent with the boot. We have three kicking options at least, and possibly a fourth with Con. Why can't we develop a game plan that shares around the kicking duties around and which may just confuse the opposition?
Fans complained about the lack of kicking to Saab in the first half. DCE had three straight attacking bombs in the red zone in the second half while we had all the attacking momentum, and it was pathetic. Every single one was too short of the line and gave Saab ZERO chance. A decent kick on those three and we are looking at tries each time (Saab competed and took them, just couldn't do anything being the last tackle and short of the line to score). I don't think many realise how badly DCE is costing us

How is it that DCE was one of the Great leaders who played a big role to get the underdog QLD team up to win the series under Kevin Walters but under Des he is out of from

Woefully out of form right now. Much more so than Ben Hunt was last season under Mcgregor.
When a coach has his team getting thrashed 12 games in a row
You have to start asking some questions

I am a big fan of Des

But I am not a big fan of our proud club getting constant thrashing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14