DCE not finding touch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what about if his failure to find touch costs you a grandfinal or sf ? swings momentum 360 degrees and demoralises your side ... probably will lead to points by the opposition like it did today and other times ...

Needs to be addressed by coaching staff

FFS Chez.... take deep breaths slow down and find touch ... take a step back.. relax... deeeep breaths and find touch :)
As I said a few minutes ago King...fatigue mate.
He had players running at him all game.
In a better team he he's to make far less tackles.
Just brings on basic mistakes.

As I said a few minutes ago King...fatigue mate.
He had players running at him all game.
In a better team he he's to make far less tackles.
Just brings on basic mistakes.

if it happens again it is the coaches fault for not providing a solution in future.

The coach is well aware of it ... your player is fatigued.. drill the team to have multiple touch finders in your team

its pretty simple ... share the load systematically

Sure, DCE made that mistake. But at least he puts in, as does Api who gets unfairly criticised on here by some posters.
If you want to pinpoint our problem look no further than Poo, Mr Plod and Willyarmy. None of them are worthy of a place in our first grade side.

Every player who has ever played the game makes errors every time they play.

When Whitten drops a sitter for our first try was it the coaches fault? When Raiders missed tackles for our 7 tries, was Ricky a **** coach who should have taught his team to tackle.

Have we really gotten to the point where we have to blame somebody for every little thing. We will be blaming Barrett for not having the kicking tee on the field next.

Do you really want the situation where the coach says kick the ball sideways so you guarantee to get it out.

It's easy to knock DCE because of his price tag.But......
The amount of times he was left stranded in the 1st half without a runner is a problem that the coach should address. And I'm watching a replay and said the same during the match.
If he was playing with better players he would be far better, not to mention his ankle and the tackling he has to do.
You're a brave man to watch the replay.

Of some concern of course. The most important trait to me in a player is making the big plays under maximum pressure. I thought DCE excelled at this in his early year or so and hopefully it will return. I was cutting Mitchell Pierce some slack for many years but when one SOO series was on the line a while back and the QLD defence was in tatters he got the ball 2 metres out and did absolutely nothing , I was stunned. This trait often defines whole careers

Of some concern of course. The most important trait to me in a player is making the big plays under maximum pressure. I thought DCE excelled at this in his early year or so and hopefully it will return. I was cutting Mitchell Pierce some slack for many years but when one SOO series was on the line a while back and the QLD defence was in tatters he got the ball 2 metres out and did absolutely nothing , I was stunned. This trait often defines whole careers

Enigma, this is where you let yourself down ... it was the coaches fault for not having an alternate line kicking plan.

Every player who has ever played the game makes errors every time they play.

When Whitten drops a sitter for our first try was it the coaches fault? When Raiders missed tackles for our 7 tries, was Ricky a **** coach who should have taught his team to tackle.

Have we really gotten to the point where we have to blame somebody for every little thing. We will be blaming Barrett for not having the kicking tee on the field next.

Do you really want the situation where the coach says kick the ball sideways so you guarantee to get it out.
You've solved the problem Woodsie.
Back to the future.
The days of big Jack... place kicks for touch and boot polish under the eyes, even in daylight, will keep the masses happy.
In fact throw in a wall and a run around and the whole game would be better.
Bring em back !!!!!

Williame forward pass to Tom T bombing a certain try under the posts just after half time had the biggest bearing on the game. certainly not whipping boy DCE not making touch.

It would have been 18-16 then. Raiders then scored two tries straight after that and game over. It was all catch up after that.

If we play well as a team next year DCE will win dally m IMO. Green will allow DCE to run which is his best attribute we saw glimpses with Lyon at 6 this year how good DCE really is, people around the NRL forget how good DCE is behind a good pack, quality 5/8 and a good spine around him. DCE is a superstar and is getting back to his best he has been pretty good this year considering all the problems with him and the team he has recorded 20 try assists.

You've solved the problem Woodsie.
Back to the future.
The days of big Jack... place kicks for touch and boot polish under the eyes, even in daylight, will keep the masses happy.
In fact throw in a wall and a run around and the whole game would be better.
Bring em back !!!!!

Ahhh Stop it! Remember rehearsing one of those wall moves at training in the 70's. The end result was to be me taking the ball at pace as the centre wall opened a gap. I told the coach Ritchie that it wouldn't work. He said why. I said because I ain't dumb enough to do it!

If Cherry Evans is getting $1m a season then Tommy T and Jake T will need to be paid $10m a year in comparison for the work they do each game

Enigma, this is where you let yourself down ... it was the coaches fault for not having an alternate line kicking plan.
Good point, we need a coach who can explain that sometimes you need to kick the ball out on the full and it often coincides in the period after you have been awarded a penalty. I'm sure Bozo has Baz in the back room today with the white board and lots of different coloured pens . Lets hope it doesn't take too long. A good slapping may be needed

I think the problem is with DCE's contract. When it was being written, it never occurred to him to add a clause that the club should have a 5/8.
What sort of idiot club goes into a season without a 5/8?
Our idiot club!!
And just to be clear, having to do the work of two is fatiguing enough, not to mention every opposition knowing that you're it.
I refuse to judge him on this year.

DCE has returned to form at the back end of the season despite his run of injuries and undiscussed need of surgery, this game, with nothing on the line was the reason daly had his 'brain explosions'. When it comes to that kick for touch, well the foot daly kicked on hopefully was the one with the ankle that he needs surgery on cause that was bad but then again every one makes mistakes and as some have already pointed out Williame's forward pass to Trbojevic and the time he bombed another try when he didn't pass to Tafua was far worse... This year I think Daly was outstanding playing injured but only next to a quality half in Lyon, next year he will be the star we once new and as long as he has a good half next to him, he will stay that star.

what about if his failure to find touch costs you a grandfinal or sf ? swings momentum 360 degrees and demoralises your side ... probably will lead to points by the opposition like it did today and other times ...

Needs to be addressed by coaching staff

FFS Chez.... take deep breaths slow down and find touch ... take a step back.. relax... deeeep breaths and find touch :)
I'd be happy with a 360 degree swing on momentum. It's the 180 degree ones that knock us about.

Yea but Williame is on probably $150k and wouldn't normally be in the side - he's only there due to injuries......
DCE is out Marquee man on over a million a season.

To compare the 2 players is silly. DCE shouldn't make these errors time after time, it's simple as that.
Like I've said, I'm a big defender of his but at the same time - you can't make rookie mistakes throughout the season and expect to earn $1mill plus.

Who is comparing the two players?.

The just of this thread was that the not kick out was the turning point in the match. That is 100% incorrect.

The bombed try by Williame was the crucial mistake.

About 10 of the Manly playere made basic mistakes that first graders should not make. The Williame one was the biggest and the turning point imo.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2