DCE Offer withdrawn!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lurker

Beaver lover
Makes sense. Orr did say that DCE was going to meet with another club after he paraded himself to the Sharks but nothing has been said about this other club in the press. Interesting that this club has kept things very quiet.
Prob the raiders offering him half their salary cap lol

stoodamire

Bencher
So we gave up Gifty because we were hoping to use that money to sign DCE. Now Watmough has left along due to this and in the end we don't have DCE. I'm speechless

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Plenty of speculation going on here, and its pretty much the same type of thing that gets written in the papers that we all complain about. People making conclusions based on next to nothing.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
So we gave up Gifty because we were hoping to use that money to sign DCE. Now Watmough has left along due to this and in the end we don't have DCE. I'm speechless

Watmough should have shut his mouth. The retention team chose not to re-sign Glenn. There were too many egos trying to run the team. The players are employees, not employers.Glad to see the back of him, it about a team not individuals.

Gifty on the other hand was honorable and didn't bag the club.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Did I say he was going there.Merrin has gone and the cap increases in 2016. I merely said he might be talking to them as an option. There are no other candidates other than the Dogs.

What forward planning club would be happy with a halfback his age and with his recent history.They were 2 points off the spoon and they are happy with him.Please! Plus he came back for a pittance after the Blues hunted him.

Sorry but you haven't a clue; he came back on huge money, and it was an extremely contentious decision that turned a lot of heads and put enormous stain on the cap. I have a very close source at the Dragons and Peter Mulholland has come on board to fix the absolute sh#t fight at Saints. The reason Merrin is going, is because recruitment changed hands after an initial figure was agreed re Trent, and Mulholland could not match it and keep the club under the cap. So Merrin leaves because Saints can't fit him under the cap, but now that he has gone, they can fit a 1 million dollar half back in, and pay out their other 700k halfback after sacking him?

Sound plausible :speechless:

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
Hope players are shocked that the club would stand up to them.
Additionally, DCE has been one of the most marketable players in the NRL over the past 3 years. He's been great for us off the field.
Yes....but he's been behaving like a petulant primadonna and the club should never be held to ransom.

ManlyMagic

Reserve Grader
Plenty of speculation going on here, and its pretty much the same type of thing that gets written in the papers that we all complain about. People making conclusions based on next to nothing.
He was nothing before he came to Manly now he is acting like a Prima Donna Would he be acting like this if he was still playing Qld cup

It's based on passion mate-speculation and the gathering of opinions create a FORUM. That's why we are here I guess :wasntme::nod::giggle::rofl::snooze::party:

Snake

Snake's Alive!
It's easy to blame Choc, or Foz, or even DCE, but at the end of the day, the fractious board has led us down this path. I have faith that we are moving in the right direction now, but this whole debacle we find ourselves in now, is the result of administration in-fighting. Our board dropped the ball a long time ago and the ripple effect is still in motion.

The players don't have any confidence in the way the club is run, and that is why a decision like this had to be made. Under a united board, it was time for the club to once again stand up and say "we are running the place, and this is how things go". This kind of stability is what we require if we are to rise to the top of the heap once again.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'll never change but gee the last 3-4 years it's been tough being a Manly fan.

That cockhead Ha$ler started all this shyte and it's been running non stop ever since .

Just imagine, what it would be like have a normal season start, no controversy just excitement .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I'll never change but gee the last 3-4 years it's been tough being a Manly fan.

That cockhead Ha$ler started all this shyte and it's been running non stop ever since .

Just imagine, what it would be like have a normal season start, no controversy just excitement .
the price of success my friend.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This is a negotiating tactic, just like DCE's tour around the country, we are demonstrating we have other options.

We are trying to force his hand, it might work, it might not, but this is certainly not over

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The team has achieved so much because their was such a strong bond. That bond was breached by all the dysfunction over the non retention of Gifty which put major players offside and has now led to one of the alleged perpetrators in DCE having a contract offer withdrawn.

I agree with Mark, it will be great to start a season with a focus, that has not been around for a few years.

The egos have had their day at the club and its time for the club to be at ONE again!!

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I'm flabbergasted. On the eve of a new season and we are making decisions like this. Who decided that we had to negotiate with these 2 now. What a soap opera we have become. Total team disharmony and disruption is inevitable from all this. I love this club and am so disappointed to see all this especially for guys like Snake,Matai,Jamie Lyon and Buhrer, Ballin, Wolfman. They've been here for all the good times, let's hope this sht hasn't kicked off the bad times.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is a negotiating tactic, just like DCE's tour around the country, we are demonstrating we have other options.

We are trying to force his hand, it might work, it might not, but this is certainly not over

Clearly it's a tactic , but perhaps a dangerous one if you really want to keep a player.

I'm pleased the club has at least made a stand, it's a ballsy move!!

Killer03

Bencher
I applaud this decision (maybe not the timing), but the club has got to say enough is enough. You have been given a very good offer, and more than enough time to weigh it up. You don't like it, no-one is holding a gun to your head, if you don't like it the door is that way!

I don't want anyone playing at the Sea Eagles if their heart isn't in it and they don't want to be there. And whilst I can't speak for DCE, he certainly isn't showing that he is committed to staying.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12