DCE set ti sign until 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blowfly said:
Torana...
I think yr reading too much into Foran! He's been asked countless times about his future & not once have I heard him say he wants to leave or would consider it.

He did say on Fox Sports News & I quote "I'm happy at Manly. I love Manly & want my playing future there."

I think some of us are getting spooked. Let's give these boys some credit. The playing group are tight & I'm most certain Tooves has as much respect as Des from his playing days & years spent on coaching staff.

The only ones with out clauses we haven't heard from are the Stewart boys but with the financial & emotional support Manly have shown to their family in recent years I'm pretty confident we have little to worry about.

This is not certain but only my opinion.

^^ agreed

Surely the doggies don't have the room or the cash for foran giving the big recruitment drive last yr. They paid a mint for hodkingson and im sure guys like barba arnt cheap. (i realise they have a fair few players leaving and the 'new tv deal'would work in their favour). if anything i would expect roosters to go after him seeing they have lost a fair few players (including 5/8 in carney) and fozz and pearce are mates. To further that Des is leading the club in 2012 and Fozza is contracted, so were talking 2013.

From what i have read he is happy with manly, and hasn't talked about leaving. He is probably sick of being asked and hence the guarded responses. Im sure Tooves is aware of his contribution to the club. On top of that im sure the club is keen no to lose strong players.

I guess time will tell.

forget about posting what you hear players, particularly young players say about their future plans becuase it is irrelevant. It is what the agents say and do that determines ther future.

MANLY Chief Operating Officer David Perry has confirmed Daly Cherry-Evans will not depart Brookvale Oval anytime soon.

Speculation has been rife the premiership-winning halfback could follow coach Des Hasler out the back door.

In news sure to relieve many anxious fans, Perry was quick to point out that the 22-year-old is under contract until the end of 2013.

“Daly will be at the club for at least the next two years,” he said.

“He is very happy with us, all the talks have been positive. He is a priority for us to retain.”

Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr confirmed the Dally M Rookie of the Year is keen to carve out a distinguished career in the maroon and white.

“Daly loves being a Manly player,” he said.

“I spoke with David (Perry) to see where things are at. Daly is also looking forward to playing under (newly installed head coach) Geoff Toovey in 2013.

“We have spoken many times this year about a few different things, we are just trying to sort everything out.”

Cherry-Evans enjoyed a dream introduction to the NRL in 2011.

After making his first grade debut against Melbourne at AAMI Park in March, he now has a premiership ring and is currently in camp with the Kangaroos ahead of their one-off Test against New Zealand this Sunday.

Following the clash in Newcastle, he will then head to the United Kingdom for Australia’s Four Nations campaign.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/cherry-is-our-top-priority/

and aren't we glad that the Broncos (or anyone else for that matter) weren't interested in him a few years back to give him a chance to progress to the NRL. I just hope that he stays loyal to Manly for his entire career.

The background to this is pretty simple.Troy Eans is an old Rocky boy(as I am).The broncos coach Hook Griffin ia also a Rocky bloke who I knew when we were in our twenties.The CEO,White,is also a Rocky boy as is Paul Bunn( one of the recruitment guys) and Col Davis who manages a few of the juniors.The Broncos are basically a tight Rockhampton mob and DCE's father knows them well.Troy played for Norths and Redcliffe and Hook coached Redcliffe.Troy is a regular around QCup games.Broncos need a playmaker desperately and my mail is they have 2 in their sights and will get one of them.Cronk or DCE.Cronk went to school in Brisbane.Cronk will become the highest paid player in the game when his contract expires as their are no halves outside him and DCE.It will be the ultimate bidding war with a number of clubs involved.

Anyone who has anything to do with the Broncos will tell you they are a very professional organisation,particularly in junior development and coaching.They coached a few of my kids at Burleigh and it is first class stuff.(not that this reduces my Bronco hatred in any way).They rely very heavily on Qld kids loving the lifestyle up here and family connections up here.This fits in perfectly with DCE and his father who is heavily tied up with local league.They will be bidding heavily for Cronk and DCE and have plenty of money available with Lockyer leaving,this is an open secret up here..Lets hope they get Cronk or we can get DCE 'S signature very quickly.I love the kid and he is our future but family ties are a strong influence so dont be surprised if we struggle to keep him.In my view much will depend on whether our great club can get over this turmoil and perform well next year.If the wheels fall off(which I doubt very much) our job will be much tougher.

susan said:
Anyone who has anything to do with the Broncos will tell you they are a very professional organisation,particularly in junior development and coaching.

.They will be bidding heavily for Cronk and DCE and have plenty of money available with Lockyer leaving

Matt Ballin might beg to differ on the first point .

Locker was only on $250k they used to say.

They have missed the semis once in 20 years and won 6 titles and never lost a GF.Missing Matt Ballin/Cam Smith would hardly have them losing sleep.Financially they are way stronger than most.

At the moment they have a mass of young kids on not much money and have miles of room with cap to increase big time in 2013.These young kids stay for much less because Brisbane is a lot cheaper to live,they are idolised in a one team town and they can maintain family ties.The guys I know there sat they are confident they will get one of DCE or Cronk .Lets hope they get our friend from the scum.

Canteen Worker said:
In terms of Susan's mail, there is talk around Brisbane re Cherry Evans as his dad is a good mate of the Bronco Coach. There are always lots of rumours around. Don't forget Ricky Stuart and Todd Carney are coming to Manly in 2007 and we are still waiting to sign Matt Orford from Melbourne!!!!

Ricky Stuart is coaching 4 clubs next season including Manly and the Bulldogs. It's little wonder there is talk that he won't have sufficient time to devote to the Blues.

Blowfly said:
Torana...
I think yr reading too much into Foran! He's been asked countless times about his future & not once have I heard him say he wants to leave or would consider it.

He did say on Fox Sports News & I quote "I'm happy at Manly. I love Manly & want my playing future there."

Hmmmm... I was confident that we would keep Foran until I read that. Based on that comment there is a good chance he has already signed a contract with Parra!

The Broncos have an abundance of talent which is un-signed for 2013, they have McGuire, Glenn and Yow Yeh all of contract. Those 3 would have to chew up their whole cap if they re-sign with the Broncos.

Ceagle said:
The Broncos have an abundance of talent which is un-signed for 2013, they have McGuire, Glenn and Yow Yeh all of contract. Those 3 would have to chew up their whole cap if they re-sign with the Broncos.

They will struggle to keep Yow Yeh. He has an unnatural ability to make it look like he has been hit and is in pain. I can see the WWF coming knocking on his door for sure.

susan said:
They have missed the semis once in 20 years and won 6 titles and never lost a GF.Missing Matt Ballin/Cam Smith would hardly have them losing sleep.Financially they are way stronger than most.

At the moment they have a mass of young kids on not much money and have miles of room with cap to increase big time in 2013.These young kids stay for much less because Brisbane is a lot cheaper to live,they are idolised in a one team town and they can maintain family ties.The guys I know there sat they are confident they will get one of DCE or Cronk .Lets hope they get our friend from the scum.

If another Bris/QLD team is included in the expansion, then there go's that theory.

Bronocs don't often bring in people from other clubs.
And my information is that they are more interested in promoting form within.
Next season will be
1. Beale
6. Norman
7. Wallace

Unless Norman fails big time early at 6 they will not be looking to bring someone in.
It was mentioned they have lots of young kids on small contracts. Well most of them will need to be extended for larger contracts over the next few years.
To afford Cronk or win midding on DCE would mean they need ot let a number of their young players go.

No idea what you mean by "that theory".

It is irrelevant whether Brisbane gets another team,which will not be happening before 2015 in any case,so its hardly relevant here anyway.

A few facts

Salary cap will increase by plenty in 2013.How do you think Parra are paying Hoppa 850k.This inherently favours teams like Brisbane and Cowboys as it costs a hell of a lot less to live there than Sydney and Qld kids value the lifestyle.As the cap increases so does their advantage.A kid will always cop 250k and stay in the face of a 300k offer as their is no financial advantage to go.Whether there are 1 or 2 teams in Brisbane does not change that.

Brisbane rarely if ever lose players they want to keep.Those who leave are generally unwanted or sent packing.Many players play out their careers at the Broncos for a lot less than they could have got elsewhere.

Blind Freddy can see Brisbane is on the verge of a great era if they can fill their problem in the halves.The rest is well and truly covered.

Simply put they are going to go all out to attract DCE or Cronk or both.They will have ample cash and the lifestyle adavntage.

It is a waste of time arguing the point.We have a great young half who will be in huge demand given the dearth of talent at 7 in the NRL and it will be a huge battle to keep him,a battle I sincerely hope we win.He is a rare talent,we gave him his break and he may very well place a lot of importance on that.Lets hope so.

DCE has already pointed out that in all his time growing up in Qld the Broncos never showed any interest in him. And that Manly did and he is greatful for that.

Someone also from the Broncos stated in the CM up here that they had no plans to sign DCE and the reports were wrong.

mickyj said:
Bronocs don't often bring in people from other clubs.
And my information is that they are more interested in promoting form within.
Next season will be
1. Beale
6. Norman
7. Wallace

Unless Norman fails big time early at 6 they will not be looking to bring someone in.
It was mentioned they have lots of young kids on small contracts. Well most of them will need to be extended for larger contracts over the next few years.
To afford Cronk or win midding on DCE would mean they need ot let a number of their young players go.

They player you mention at 7 was bought from penrith because they needed a half and he is half the player DCE is.If they really need a player they will chase him.Lazarus was another great example of that.

The cap increasing by plenty + players staying for less than offered by Sydney clubs + long term financial stability and success = increased purchasing power for Brisbane.Any cap increase is a bigger result for them than any other club.

susan said:
players staying for less than offered by Sydney clubs

Not sure what that has to do with DCE since he has never been with the Donkeys, how could he be considered to be "staying for less"?

Rumous has it Lockyer was not on a huge salary and there was also the long service discount. They can't afford to replace him with a $350-400k player when they will be upgrading contracts for a number of other players.

"I want to squash this rumour right now," Griffin said last night. "We have no interest in Daly Cherry-Evans.

"I'm not going to go on about his talent but I want to make this clear, and it is the same message I gave the other night when I was asked about Todd Carney.

"I'm in charge of recruitment at this club and not once have I spoken to Daly Cherry-Evans or his manager about coming here.

"We have Corey Norman on our books and he's a great young kid."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/cherry-evans-poach-claim-fuels-final/story-e6frep5x-1226144034807

From the horses mouth.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6