DCE signs with Titans:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I couldn't care if we ran last, well maybe I would care but could not agree more.

But all I want to see is 17 players, with a smile on their dials putting in for our club , if that means we only win 3 or 4 games for the year at least we, and our club, can hold our heads high and say " no one ****s with our club".

For me it's not losing the player that's the issue, it's the way this **** has gone down over the last 6 months, and probably 18 months.

Punt him now!!!

I don't see any point in punting him he should be more motivated than Ever as this will be his last chance for the next 5 years of him having any chance of winning another premiership ring 'cause God knows he will have no chance of winning a premiership at the Titans

I wonder if he'll try to recruit his mate, Ferris once he gets to the Titans?? They are good mates.

Buhrer is a dyed in the wool Manly supporter. Can't see he would be enjoying any of this.
I am all good today-we know, so let's move on and gather our support for next weekend. If the club want to let him leave now that's fine. If not I hope he gets in there and has a dig for us. Really, it's the least he can do from here on in.

picard-facepalm.jpg

edit: this was at the troll, above, who has since been deleted. So don't release the hounds!

Last edited:
I remember reading Tariq Sims wanted to come to Manly, but we had no money as we knew the halves would need an upgrade. Pity all this wasn't done earlier. He would of been a nice fit with those we lost who wanted to stay
Yeah Sims , Choc, Gift backrow. Would be nice wouldn't it. Thanks a lot you greedy little twat.

DCE has certainly cost us plenty of current and prospective players while he mulled over his decision for his family. I completely understand if the likes of the Stewart's, Watmough's and others hate his guts.

I see where they are coming from.

DCE has certainly cost us plenty of current and prospective players while he mulled over his decision for his family. I completely understand if the likes of the Stewart's, Watmough's and others hate his guts.

I see where they are coming from.
Yep now we know all the reasons why Choc, Stewarts, Matai, Foran said and did what they did. We also now know why the reasons Hasler upped and left. These clowns running this club haven't a clue. They bowed and scrapped to this little toad back in 2012 when he should have been told to shut up and wait till your next contract is up. They have done nothing but been confrontational to the other owners since day 1. Delmege, Quantum the list of ex's goes on. Hasler saw it all and couldn't continue to try and work with the unworkeable. They should have ditched this little twat as soon as he got too big for his true worth. Now we have a club left in tatters.

I thought the Penn's were on the side that wanted to re sign Gift and the Quantum mob wanted to punt him....now I'm even more lost.

Only problem with your argument Mick is that Hasler left at the end of 2011, the year before Erin Molan lent our erstwhile hero money for a phone call, followed by the contract upgrade. And let's face it, he did deserve one at the time.

Haven't had time to read through all these, but there appears to be a lot of unnecessary anger here.
So, we lost him. So it was handled badly. So, we might lose Foran. So, we got flogged last night.
Well, we now have a truck load of money to throw at a marquee forward. If we lose Foran, we buy another very good forward and someone like Seizer.
In the meantime, DCE shows us how much character he has and drags us into the 8 this year. If he has none, then we'll find out soon and can make other arrangements.

So he's going. I'm not going to waste any time or energy on a player who has decided for whatever reason to ply his trade elsewhere. Mind you DCE better play a blinder every game this season or I'll have doubts on whether or not his heart is in it playing for Manly.

I hope the club looks into a mid season trade for either Sezer, Elgey or both. For the sake of team harmony, the sooner he's gone the better. I'm sure the Titans would love to have him asap.

I wonder if he'll try to recruit his mate, Ferris once he gets to the Titans?? They are good mates.

Wether he does or doesn't you can guarantee it'll be used by Roothfool and co during contract negotiations.. In the same way that DCE's "best mate" Benny beater Barba kept cropping up as an "asset" to the shark's negotiations.

Sezer is a five eighth, so unless we know Foz is gone then he may be an option. And I mean may be an option.

Honestly looking at the vermin (which is hard to do at the best of times), they won a premiership with halves that are not any where near the caliber of DCE and Foz, so why not just buy some monkeys for next to nothing chuck them in the halves and spend some money on getting some decent forwards. (And at least the monkeys would be loyal to the hand that feeds them.)

We won a GF 40 - 0 with Lyon at 5/8. With guys like Gutherson, Williams and co. available we could slot Jamie there without issue imo.

Wether he does or doesn't you can guarantee it'll be used by Roothfool and co during contract negotiations.. In the same way that DCE's "best mate" Benny beater Barba kept cropping up as an "asset" to the shark's negotiations.
He re-upped last year. So by the time his new deal runs out, DCE's two guaranteed years will be up and he'll be ditching the Goldie for the new highest bidder (probably poor old St George or someone equally as sad like maybe us haha)

We won a GF 40 - 0 with Lyon at 5/8. With guys like Gutherson, Williams and co. available we could slot Jamie there without issue imo.
That was 7 years ago (doesn't time fly?). If we are losing our halves, some fringe backs, we'll have lost Choc and Gifty and King and their replacements have been insignificant cost wise, we should be able to afford halves and some forward punch.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8