DCE talking to refs.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can honestly say two things about DCE when he is playing like this:-
1) What an outstanding young man
2) Not only has he thrown egg on my face. He's opened the carton, and threw the whole bloody box at me !

Thank God for the backflip. Like I said in another thread. If you look at a halves PAIRING - the way things are, we may have one of the cheaper two.

Not such a bad contract for Bozo after a lot (including me) ripped him for it.

There was never a doubt in my mind that DCE was the half to keep. I was devastated when they pulled his contract and let him sign with the Titans, and elated when the backflip happened.

What a time that was...

Meanwhile the club did everything to try to get Foran to stay and he screwed us anyway. And Him and B. Stewart looked like they were happier when the side was losing. I was so glad to see the back of him, and happier still when he turned out to be a lemon for Parra.

DCE has been good with the ref's but after 6 straight penalty's in 15 minutes to start the second half last week and on the receiving end of a caution he should have said " then stop blowing crap even up penalty's then dickhead".

There was never a doubt in my mind that DCE was the half to keep.

You have proven to be spot on with that. I don't know where this talk of "Manly kept the wrong half" comes from every now and then. I mean, Littlejohn can't even crack it for a starting spot at the Tigers!

Comes across as a forced, scripted, too much effort niceness, in part to promote himself and his respectable image, but at least showing the ref some respect is better than being outright rude and disrespectful.

The only leadership i see in DCE is he always puts in 100%, his defensive workload at times, along with chasing down his own kicks or others.

I guess leadership comes in different versions and DCE has his own style---at the moment i feel the leadership is more Trent Barrett getting the best out of the squad.

Anyone got a link to the clip or can summarise what he actually said? I was watching it in a pub so I couldn't hear a thing.

In my mind DCE was saying something like:

"Hey dickhead, the penalty count is 7-1 and now you're telling us to cut out giving away penalties. But here's the thing... you're the one with the whistle and Souths have been lying all over us all game and square at marker maybe three times the entire match. How about you start reffing both teams? You're an embarrassment to your profession and pretty much everything you clowns do stinks to high heaven of match fixing."

This is exactly what Thurston and Gallen would say -:shame on them as those two are dikheads.

Btw, he questioned Badge that Manly seem to be penalised for loose carrys by Souths, could you look at that please Sir.

Classy way to approach the total BS penalties. They evened up a bit after that.

The way the game is, the refs are untouchable by players and coaches alike. The only way to approach them is with as much respect, calmness and sensibility as you can muster in the heat of the moment. A captain with a level head, natural respectability and the ability to string together an intelligent, eloquent question is a must in the modern game.

Keep up the good work DCE!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8