DCE to Crack Thurston's code

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
DCE READY TO CRACK THURSTON'S CODE

By Paul Crawley

DALY Cherry-Evans has been a Queensland outcast for two years since Johnathan Thurston’s “coded warning”.

Now the Manly skipper is ready to prove he deserves another shot.

That’s the message from Trent Barrett ahead of Cherry-Evans’ face-off with Brisbane’s Anthony Milford this Saturday that could well decide who gets the injured Thurston’s No 6 jumper for Origin I.

“Look, he is not going to come out publicly and say it to you. But I know that he’d have the real desire to get back in the side and prove that he can play at that level,” Barrett told The Daily Telegraph.

With Parramatta’s Corey Norman and Michael Morgan also in the mix, form right now would tell you Cherry-Evans has the jump on his rivals.

But history says otherwise.

Once labelled the man likely to take over from Cam Smith as the next Australian and Queensland captain, Cherry-Evans has been on the representative outer since his last appearance for the Maroons in game two, 2015.

In fact, it was after the loss to NSW in Melbourne that Thurston issued what was labelled a crack at Cherry-Evans after he was dumped from the team to make way for Cooper Cronk’s return.

Without actually naming Cherry-Evans, Thurston spoke glowingly of Cronk’s ability to lift those around him.

Most perceived Thurston’s comments to be a direct shot at Cherry-Evans after Michael Morgan was retained on the Queensland bench ahead of the Manly half who had played six Origins up to that point.

Thurston also pointed out with the amount of great players in the Queensland team one of their strengths was their ability to work together.

“We don’t rely on one bloke to win us the game,” Thurston said.

“We’re at our best when we’re able to get everyone involved in the game _ and I think at this level that’s what I have learned is the job of your halves.”

Reminded of Thurston’s comments yesterday, Barrett could only respond about the player he has learned to rely on.

“I have noticed a difference in him,” Barrett said.

“This is my second year here but even this year, in the way that he has taken on the (leadership) role that he has got in the side now, he just looks comfortable.

“He seems really happy and he has put in a hell of a lot of hard work.”

Barrett also pointed to the partnership Cherry-Evans has formed in the Manly halves with Blake Green.

“Cherry has worked very, very hard on his game with Blake this year, on and off the field,” Barrett said.

“They are doing a lot of work together and it is paying dividends.

“He is up to it.

“There is no doubt in the world if he is given the opportunity.”

Which suits us just fine. They don't appreciate him. They boo him at every opportunity. The Qld media put s**t on him whenever possible. Save your best for Manly mate.

Actually on that QLDs only show Maninga was on their talking highly of DCE the other day. Said he has a real chance to be brought back in.

Maninga basically admitted they didn't get the best out of DCE in the QLD camp and they could have done more.

I remember the games where DCE was starting half and basically it wasn't him that was the problem, it was his forwards.

If you watch when Cronk plays the forwards push up as either support or decoy runners. When DCE was doing the same he was running up all alone and basically taking a hitup since the forwards were just bludging in the back.

Now whether its because they had a bad game or they just didn't like DCE I don't know, but if its the latter, theoretically they should have been professional enough to leave their egos behind and just do whats best for the team.

Either way, am not fussed if DCE isn't picked and he can focus more on Manly.

I think he's definitely ready, although my selfish side would think otherwise

Hopefully he doesn't get injured if so

I'd love to see DCE get picked just to see the look on the faces of the 3 stooges, otherwise known as Lewis, Lockyer and Tallis lol.

Ever since he backflipped and remained loyal to Manly rather than play with a Queensland based club, those 3 have bashed him from pillar to post at every opportunity and I'd love for Cherry to shut 'em up and prove 'em wrong!!

If he cracks JT's code that will be great. Never gets suspended, will get heaps of refs and bunker calls go his way, can go off at the refs like a 13 year old girl having a tanty and be called a great guy.

Yeah but then we'd lose semi finals every year on the back of questionable ref calls, and he'd spend the next 6 months whingeing about it.

Fox Qld Show had Mal, Hodges,Tallis and Walters picking halves - Chez was not on the list :cool:

Mal wants Morgan, Hodges and Tallis want Norman and Walters went on about Munster, Milf and Hunt before remembering Chez :mad:

But they all still want Myles .

So Qld loyalty is a selective sentiment @:rolleyes:

Fox Qld Show had Mal, Hodges,Tallis and Walters picking halves - Chez was not on the list :cool:

Mal wants Morgan, Hodges and Tallis want Norman and Walters went on about Munster, Milf and Hunt before remembering Chez :mad:

But they all still want Myles .

So Qld loyalty is a selective sentiment @:rolleyes:
Yeah that was weird - Munster?? Seriously?

giphy.gif

chez cracking the code

jt will always be ****ty at cherry after the beat down we gave them in 2011. Thurston said he would give cherry a master class.. it was 8 nil at half time Cowboys way. The game ended 42-8 cherry destroyed Thurston. After the game Jt said.. I don't know what happened hahaha manly bitch

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8