DCE to Crack Thurston's code

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd love to see DCE get picked just to see the look on the faces of the 3 stooges, otherwise known as Lewis, Lockyer and Tallis lol.

Ever since he backflipped and remained loyal to Manly rather than play with a Queensland based club, those 3 have bashed him from pillar to post at every opportunity and I'd love for Cherry to shut 'em up and prove 'em wrong!!
That's great news for Manly

Fox Qld Show had Mal, Hodges,Tallis and Walters picking halves - Chez was not on the list :cool:

Mal wants Morgan, Hodges and Tallis want Norman and Walters went on about Munster, Milf and Hunt before remembering Chez :mad:

But they all still want Myles .

So Qld loyalty is a selective sentiment @:rolleyes:

The media and has been players boys club can literally talk a mediocre player up and get them picked in a rep team, ala Morgan for Australia. And to even talk about Norman, Milf and Hunt with out discussing Chez is just nauseating and beggars belief. Chez is by far the better player over all the aforementioned. He is incredibly skilful and has had some cracking games this year so far. He is a premiership winning halfback, a Clive Churchill medallist, the captain of the Mighty Sea Eagles etc, etc. His defence is twice that of the other four hacks and Chez's performance against the dogs compared to Morgan's performance without Josh Reynolds tonight mind you, does not even compare. Yet the Morgan love is in full swing.

It is extremely frustrating to see this crap year in year out. Some players are the media and NRL darlings and get preferential treatment. Even if they are not the most in form player for the position.

It makes me angry and it is biased rubbish that is clear for anyone with eyes to see.

Go get em Chez.....and may you and the boys have an awesome game on Saturday night....!!

Haven't seen those shows but Walters wants to win SOO so don't pay too much attention to what he says on TV. He will be watching DCE very closely.

Really don't want DCE playing SOO anyway better keeping him fit for us...and smashing the teams that have players out, bolstering our for and against..

Lockyer on DCE

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/3a2b890a5249659401f8d63ae55a3618

MENTAL toughness, not natural ability, will determine whether Daly Cherry-Evans fights his way back into the State of Origin arena.

The best barometer of a player’s maturity is their ability to mentally handle big occasions.

Saturday’s double header, before 50,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium, is a fair litmus test for Manly maestro Cherry-Evans and Anthony Milford — his Broncos rival gunning for Origin selection.

Michael Morgan, Queensland’s No. 14 incumbent, made a statement with his outstanding performance against the Bulldogs on Thursday night.

If Johnathan Thurston succumbs to a shoulder injury for Origin I, Morgan showed he can handle a promotion to the starting side.

6e81492c5bc5f1adfa724a4a0261ad18

Cherry-Evans last played for Queensland in 2015.
Now Cherry-Evans and Milford take centre stage. The question is not whether they have the talent to succeed in Origin, but if they possess the mental capacity to cope with the demands of the code’s toughest arena.

The knock on Cherry-Evans is that, in his past experiences with Queensland, he has not meshed with the mechanics of the Maroons’ playing systems.

In his six games for Queensland, DCE has won three games and lost three.

In his two games as starting halfback, filling in for an injured Cooper Cronk, Queensland lost both matches.

Personally, I do not subscribe to the theories that Daly doesn’t fit the Queensland culture, nor the tactical style the Maroons employ.

LATE MAIL: Roberts will miss double header

STAYING: Brisbane re-sign Milford

He is capable of succeeding in Origin. But great Origin players, as Thurston himself learned, are not made overnight.

There is a certain mental fortitude required to take the next step and I’ve seen a greater application from Cherry-Evans this season at Manly.

It is a measure of his development that just 12 months ago, Daly had drifted out of the Origin discussions.
Some critics suggested he would never wear the Queensland jumper again.

Today, he is right back in the mix.

The reasons for Cherry-Evans’ renaissance are multifaceted.

Manly coach Trent Barrett deserves credit for employing a style that has given Cherry-Evans the playmaking seniority to run the show.
But I also believe Daly is in a better headspace. The firestorm over his lifetime deal at Manly and backflipping on the Titans has dissipated.

While it was a saga Cherry-Evans could have done without, it toughened him up.

The best players compartmentalise their careers. They do not allow off-field hardships to erode on-field performance.

Cherry-Evans has one perceived advantage over Milford — Origin experience. But that does not count against the Broncos pivot at the selection table.

Milford’s performance in the 2015 grand final will not be ignored.

Had Brisbane won that night, Milford would have walked away with the Clive Churchill Medal. The grand final is the NRL’s biggest stage and Milford showed nerves of steel that night as he took it to Jonathan Thurston and the Cowboys.

A piece of solo magic from Milford or Cherry-Evans could decide Saturday’s clash.

But Queensland hierarchy will also be watching for mental cues — and what happens between their ears.

Note to Lockyer:wait:

Premieship record:
Chez's premiership experience is 1 win plus 1 Clive Churchill medal in a second GF > Milf's 0 :heavycheck: :rock:

Mental Toughness:
3 years of sustained Media attacks on Front/Backpage spreads/Media Shows on character.
Still able to captain a newly formed side, with a novice Coach to a To 8 spot :heavycheck:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8