DCE to sharks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2 weeks ago we had similar discussions about Stevie
He was gone for all money and had demanded a release
Wasn't happy
Wanted more cash
Longer contract
Was at odds with club
Surprise surprise go gomer
He signed and quite rightly was then hailed as a mighty manly warrigah legend
Is there anyone else that sees this as just media crap and 2V and the 2 players are fully aligned and is just another process that must be played out

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he decides, you can't blame DCE for meeting with other clubs who are offering him boatloads of money. Are you trying to tell me that if a competitor rang you up offering you 25-50% more money than your current employer that you wouldn't meet them to listen to their offer? Let's just hope he makes the right decision.
If i was lucky enough to wear the manly number 7 a 100% pay increase from a competitor wouldn't even be a factor,I'd be on my hands and knees begging to stay in that jersey

That's a fans response

In all likelihood DCE used to dream of playing for the Broncos, they didn't want him nor did a lot of clubs, manly gave him a run and with the proper coaching he tore the comp apart

He chose this line of work knowing it was limited in the length of time getting top dollar before he settles into coaching a few years after retiring,his manager is dragging him around trying to extract every dollar from his body before it fails

Leaving manly will ruin his brand in ways he couldn't imagine, one club players have impeccable brands,journeymen have no brands, i think he should consider that

People need to relax, its embarrassing!

I love DCE and foz and hope they re-sign

It will be done when its done, no need for them to rush it any more then any other off contract player, remember this is their livelihood and only our entertainment!

If they leave I will be cut, but I'll cheer them towards the 2015 title and look at interest at the players we sign

Have to agree with Crusher

Remember Thurston being paraded last year?
Or Rusty and Burgess - Steve Menzies told Burgess we were a great choice - Rusty stole the deal - wasn't because Rusty is a movie star and promised Sammy an Oscar.
There is always publicity around great players.
We have lost plenty of players to other clubs
We have recruited lots of players for better money than they were in. Hell that's why we are called the Silvertails !!! And proud of it.

Why are these halves now the bad guys ?

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he decides, you can't blame DCE for meeting with other clubs who are offering him boatloads of money. Are you trying to tell me that if a competitor rang you up offering you 25-50% more money than your current employer that you wouldn't meet them to listen to their offer? Let's just hope he makes the right decision.

Yep - but not so long ago people wanted to play under under Hasler. They knew he was going to take them to the top, & he did.

Tooves has to build that same culture & confidence. Us against the world. At the moment it's us against us. I'm worth more than you, give me more money or I'm off.

What should be happening is jeez I'm happy to take a bit less to be here & playing for tooves. he knows what is needed to take this club to the GF & I want to be part of it. Me an my band of brothers hey.

I doubt the the current million dollar boys have the same values as the old boys like Gift & Choc who knew what it meant to play for each other, the club & for the pride in the jersey. easy to see how Choc, Gift & Snake feel betrayed by the club. Players come & go. Some put in all they have & some are just on a ride for the coin until the next offer comes along.

Sad really.

you are right, chances are all the good guys you mentioned played for unders. That happens when people stay for as long as Gift, Choc and Snake to name a few.

Market salary for no 7 and 6 who touch the ball more than any other players is pretty high.

Is it just money? Is everything else the "best choice" they have?

the learning opportunity?
The Team harmony and support from players?
Support from the management?
The leadership at the club?
The football facilities ?

Are last years dramas still

Damn, I know we have the best beaches at Manly and win hands down in that choice !!

But I wonder how we rate on all these other things. it seems to me every club has it's turn of bad news - some worse than others admittedly. We deserve some wins but usually wins are earned by the board and CEO here.

If we just guess what's going through their heads we probably won't get it right and it might be something totally we have missed. I wonder if every last effort has been made ?

Yep - but not so long ago people wanted to play under under Hasler. They knew he was going to take them to the top, & he did.

Tooves has to build that same culture & confidence. Us against the world. At the moment it's us against us. I'm worth more than you, give me more money or I'm off.

What should be happening is jeez I'm happy to take a bit less to be here & playing for tooves. he knows what is needed to take this club to the GF & I want to be part of it. Me an my band of brothers hey.

I doubt the the current million dollar boys have the same values as the old boys like Gift & Choc who knew what it meant to play for each other, the club & for the pride in the jersey. easy to see how Choc, Gift & Snake feel betrayed by the club. Players come & go. Some put in all they have & some are just on a ride for the coin until the next offer comes along.

Sad really.
Mate you have written an article that is completely based on stuff you have read in the paper. You don't know that Snake feels betrayed by the club. Every paper said Matai hated the joint too but he stayed. Dont believe the garbage they print because honestly 98% is made up speculation and the other 2% is stuff that has been quoted as fact by the players themselves.

Mate you have written an article that is completely based on stuff you have read in the paper. You don't know that Snake feels betrayed by the club. Every paper said Matai hated the joint too but he stayed. Dont believe the garbage they print because honestly 98% is made up speculation and the other 2% is stuff that has been quoted as fact by the players themselves.

Mate, his brother, closest mate was stiffed by the club. When Manly first offered him a contact he said he would only come as as a double act with Glenn. What do you think has changed?

Mate, his brother, closest mate was stiffed by the club. When Manly first offered him a contact he said he would only come as as a double act with Glenn. What do you think has changed?

Time. I'm sure he might have felt like Manly was the last place he wanted to be, but time can heal all wounds. He is allowed to change his mind isn't he?

A lot of idiots like Choc would love to have you believe that they stayed for unders years ago. The truth is that they may have taken slightly less money but they also maintained a fabulous lifestyle at a successful club and built bigger personal profiles and cash values out of the group success of the club albeit on a little less coin. They stayed at Manly out of convenience. Their families didn't have to move houses or schools, they had opportunities to win premierships with the players and coaching staff we've had, they stayed with the friends and colleagues they already knew. They may have taken slightly less money maybe but they were re-paid ten fold in every other aspect. I am not so sure they all were paid rubbish money. I think you will find there are plenty of other low profile players that really made the bigger sacrifices than the likes of Choc and gave more than we could have asked for. Guys like Kingy, Ballin, Hall, L'Strange, Big Joe G, Rodney etc. These blokes played for pittance and never once have I heard one of them whinge about being paid unders.

Time. I'm sure he might have felt like Manly was the last place he wanted to be, but time can heal all wounds. He is allowed to change his mind isn't he?
I hope so - but the old guard are on the way out. Replacements being groomed, he knows it - so do we. The winds of change are blowing. Just have wait & see. :)

That was when they were 15 and moving out of home from Wollongong to Sydney it makes complete sense at that age for them to stay together to look after each other. I am sure they weren't happy that Glenn had to leave but I am not sold on the fact that they are feeling betrayed. If Glenn stayed for unders every other year then he should be happy now that he is getting market value at Souths to set him and his family up for life.

I have to agree with Jerry1
Blood is thicker than water.

Cananu I'm not disagreeing with your comment about what's written in the paper - but

Re Snake and Steve - Money is an important cure or reason to veil annoyance. We don't get to see a clubs report card, just the results. They signed. I am sure they love Manly and their life here too.

Of course there have to be are other factors at play for the halves. This is a major decision for these young men.

What their parents say, for example, but my list won't be too far off.

Only the players know how they truly rank these and they may not even have a list. But human nature tells you fair reward/money for your work and enjoying your work and the environment are pretty much the clinchers. Why would 6 and 7 be so different ?

Ps I don't read the sports section, but never miss a game. :)

Lol like back door popins.

Lol - your a retard.
Lol this from the child who thinks we could've won 08 without the halfback with the same scoreline,Ox should've gotten the CC medal he played 80 minutes and tore the best defense in the league to shreds

The amount of laughter you provide hurts more than your pitiful insults, try harder than calling people intellectually disabled you pitiful ponce

Face it, you aren't a halfback you don't have the brains for it, your brains are in line with Mark Geyer,Carl Webb and Martin Lang

Ox lol - he was so far past his best that couldn't even make it in superleague mate.

Now the guy he replaced Mona's went on to be the highest scorer in the superleague for a couple of years. So go figure poppit.

Gavin Orr was talking to Gibbsy on 2ue after todays shop around. He didn't sound at all positive about anything with the Sharks and he basically said that DCE was just checking all of his options before he makes a decision. He said "Manly were still in there fighting". So i am taking that as they are pushing for more cash but I think he may have realised there wont be anymore money.

image.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7