DCE Trying Too Hard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles2nv said:
I think like 11 and 12, he will get better as the season goes on.... and if foz keeps up his form, Manly are going to be one epic force in 2013.

I like this paragraph a lot! Look out for the Epic Eagles! :D

patorick2010 said:
I'd wait till round 10 before making too much of a judgment.

Kicking game needs some work, I'll say that.

+1

Is it just me or does he seem to top 2 kicks out of 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's the gist of the thread. What's your point? T-rex was lazy and DCE has probably been guilty of trying to do too much early this year instead of letting his game flow. It'll come though.

Ralphie said:
Great performance on the weekend and all is good for the season ahead.

Having said that I am just a little concerned about DCE. He seems to be trying too hard, pushing passes, some dumb options, poor chip kicks etc etc. I get the feeling he feels a need to live up to the media hype. He needs to relax and share the load with Foran and take the pressure off a bit.

As a contradiction, they are still the best halves pairing in the comp :D

Bump, I raised this issue way back in March. Nothing has changed, in fact it has deteriorated.

My question therefor is, if a dope like me can see it, why the hell hasn't the immortal Andrew Johns done anything to improve it?

Ralphie said:
Ralphie said:
Great performance on the weekend and all is good for the season ahead.

Having said that I am just a little concerned about DCE. He seems to be trying too hard, pushing passes, some dumb options, poor chip kicks etc etc. I get the feeling he feels a need to live up to the media hype. He needs to relax and share the load with Foran and take the pressure off a bit.

As a contradiction, they are still the best halves pairing in the comp :D

Bump, I raised this issue way back in March. Nothing has changed, in fact it has deteriorated.

My question therefor is, if a dope like me can see it, why the hell hasn't the immortal Andrew Johns done anything to improve it?

I think DCE is having a great season as can be seen with his Dally M points however all too frequently he has pushed the pass on early tackles and has lacked composure at times. I am sure that it is something they are working on.

Agree with Sheik. And it's not just DCE, unfortunately - the whole team is struggling in attack. All we need to do is hang onto the ball and play more direct - stop trying to go around teams on every tackle, pushing passes from sideline to sideline. Hard to be too critical of his fifth tackle options because most of the time we don't even get to the fifth - we've dropped the ball or done something stupid instead.

To me DCE is great when things are going well for the team, and often not so great when we're playing from behind. I think a lot of the 'lack of composure' talk about Manly stems from his style of play, which can be unpredictable, erratic and mistake ridden at times. Dont get me wrong, he obviously has the potential to be a great player, and he can be brilliant, but he's got a lot of improving/maturing to do IMO.

Too many ball players on the right and not enough runners. The reason Manly started off so well was that we had Symonds hitting lines on the right like Horo is on the left. G Stewart is an immense addition to the team in defence, but gee he has killed our (DCE's) attack.

Stillman, I have been waiting, yea, pining for your next post. I am thrilled to see you back on these boards (boards?). Can you confirm that DCE should be the only 'ball player' on the right? What (if anything) should we do with G Stewart?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Stillman, I have been waiting, yea, pining for your next post. I am thrilled to see you back on these boards (boards?). Can you confirm that DCE should be the only 'ball player' on the right? What (if anything) should we do with G Stewart?

A minor ye olde English correction

It should read

Stillman, I have been waiting, nay, pining for your next post.

As you were

I am not sure if you are taking the piss there or what. Manly do have a grand final winning 5/8th who also happens to be also the leagues best ball playing centre out there on the right if you hadn't noticed. As for G Stewart, I am glad that I am not making the big decisions out there as I don't know how he should be best utilised right now.

On Sterlo last night Foran said that they focus on the side that they deem the opposition defence to be weakest, which means from week to week one side will be favoured over the other. It just seems that we are playing teams with a weaker left side defence than their right side at the moment.

Ralphie said:
On Sterlo last night Foran said that they focus on the side that they deem the opposition defence to be weakest, which means from week to week one side will be favoured over the other. It just seems that we are playing teams with a weaker left side defence than their right side at the moment.

Well, there's no point to that, if the " RH Side " doesn't have the cohesion, clarity to capitalise on the said weakness. Rushing Gifty straight back in was a mistake, we could be in a different spot on the table if we had stuck to the direct style of play. I think, if not the Souths game, at least we probably would have won the Rorters game - it was 8 - 4 for an eternity.

He has made a couple of mistakes but i don't think there is anything to worry about just yet. G.Stewart coming back has had an effect on that right hand edge. Not a criticism but if he has been missing from training for the the back end of pre-season and the first 6-7 rounds then there has to be a bit of catching up to do.

Andrew Johns has had his mind on other things of late so hopefully with that out of the way he can get back to working with our young halves.

The last couple of rounds have thrown up some curve balls with injuries/suspensions/players returning from injury which is out of anyone's control really. If our full strength squad was on the park and we were experiencing problems then start to worry.

Foz & DCE are still the halves with the most potential in the comp, but having said that Maloney & Pearce aren't a bad combo either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4