DCE up on the Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
7 mill cap plus 2/3 of the roster going off contract plus a willing NRL and you can. I want a strong Titans but make it official and stop the facade

He won't go there for the same reason Cam Smith didn't. Unless his manager has less scruples than an anaemic, crack addicted, compulsive lying, sewer leach....

Uh oh!

7 mill cap plus 2/3 of the roster going off contract plus a willing NRL and you can. I want a strong Titans but make it official and stop the facade

Correct the NRL are desperate to see the Titans back as a force on the Coast and I imagine would do anything to get some marquee players there.

And despite the fact they are broke I imagine players salaries are guaranteed by the NRL.

I had 15 years in Sydney and 30 on the GC. Anyone who thinks the GC doesn't have a great lifestyle attached is kidding themselves. Locals tend not to hang around Cavill Ave mall. To a kid from Mackay it will be a big part of his decision
To a kid from Mackay I'd imagine the northern beaches of Sydney would still be nicer. Especially if you are cashed up...

If the Titans are in a league stronghold as far as juniors go, the fact they can't translate to fans says a lot.

For me, DCE can bugger off and I'd get the guy who has had a huge amount to do with his development (A. Johns) to look over all the up and coming halves from the whole NRL and pick which one he thinks he can develop the most and then I'd be knocking on that door with my offer. We shouldn't underestimate the development he's done with Foz and DCE. And nor should they.

If the Titans are in a league stronghold as far as juniors go, the fact they can't translate to fans says a lot.

The biggest issue is that there are very few real Titans fans.

One of my mates was a founding member , got top seats and went to all the games EXCEPT when they played his beloved Manly where he'd don his Maroon & White and sit in the bleachers with us.

Now he never goes , except when Manly is playing.

They are all mercenaries up there, if the side is winning they go, most of the time they don't bother.

The last two times we played there I saw more of us than them!!

Basket case

For me, DCE can bugger off and I'd get the guy who has had a huge amount to do with his development (A. Johns) to look over all the up and coming halves from the whole NRL and pick which one he thinks he can develop the most and then I'd be knocking on that door with my offer. We shouldn't underestimate the development he's done with Foz and DCE. And nor should they.
Scott Penn is not only smart but wealthy and will protect his investment - Foran and DCE will resign.

For the record, I really like the gold coast. Always something to do up there and it is a good lifestyle, so each to their own.

For the last 2 months everyone at the club has had their patience stretched as DCE and Foz deliberate about their futures. We have heard a 1,001 stories about their likely destinations and it has outdone anything I have ever seen in relation to players deciding their future.

The NRL are desparate for the Titans to be successful to be able to compete with the News limited donkey all stars that have led a charmed existence in their life time.

If the NRL do anything to top up an offer to help them lure DCE up there, there needs to be a serious review of the whole process when our club has been forced to shed Gifty, and co to keep guys like DCE and Foz at the club.

Decision day DCE and Foz. Make up your minds!!

Brent Read

Senior Sports Writer
Sydney
145781-8ba9d7f6-b34e-11e4-806a-a6ce89f3cd6c.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans has been reassured by the Gold Coast that its future is secure as the club tries to lure him from Manly. Picture: Sam Ruttyn Source: News Corp Australia

GOLD Coast has moved to reassure Daly Cherry-Evans the club has a future on the tourist strip amid fears a series of damaging headlines could scupper their bid to sign the Queensland and Australia superstar.

The Titans, having tabled a multi-million-dollar offer to the Sea Eagles halfback, will step up their pursuit of the 25-year-old when they host him on the Gold Coast early next week.

In a sign the Titans could be winning the battle for the playmaker, it is understood Manly are growing increasingly confident of retaining five-eighth Kieran Foran but have begun exploring potential alternatives should Cherry-Evans depart.

The greatest concern for Gold Coast is the continual innuendo over the club’s future. The Titans have been shadowed by rumours of financial problems despite an impending move to a new training base and the ongoing support of the NRL, which has thrust its considerable weight behind the club.

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley declined to comment specifically on the club’s pursuit of Cherry-Evans yesterday, but he did concede speculation over the Titans’ future harmed their chances of signing high-profile players.

As a result, it is understood Gold Coast contacted Cherry-Evans to assure him the Titans were going nowhere.

“These rumours that keep appearing that the club doesn’t have a future on the Gold Coast, is going to be relocated — all of which are 100 per cent wrong — don’t help us when we’re trying to attract players of that calibre to the club because it puts them in two minds,” Annesley said.

“We have constantly said, the NRL has constantly said, that the Gold Coast is a critically important market in rugby league heartland and the Gold Coast Titans are not going anywhere.”

The Titans have several players coming off contract, including halves Aiden Sezer and Kane Elgey. Both could be targeted by Manly should Cherry-Evans decide his future lies elsewhere.

Former Sea Eagles halfback Trent Hodkinson also shapes as an alternative should Cherry-Evans depart.

Meanwhile, NSW and Australia prop James Tamou could become the odd man out as the North Queensland Cowboys attempt to retain New Zealand backrower James Taumalolo.

Taumalolo, off contract at the end of the season, has attracted big-money offers from Cronulla and the New Zealand Warriors. North Queensland are still favourites to retain him, but keeping him in Cowboys colours could come at a cost.

The Cowboys already have a large chunk of their salary cap invested in front-rowers Matt Scott and Tamou, although speculation has already begun over the latter’s long-term future in Townsville.

Tamou, returning from serious neck surgery, has been linked with a switch to Parramatta, the club he rejected before re-signing with the Cowboys.

Who remembers this hot headline back in 2013 ???
www.triplem.com.au/sydney/.../jamie-lyon-to-quit-manly-and-join-titans...
Jan 18, 2013 - Jamie Lyon has flown the nest and is Gold Coast bound
Some of our supporters are so gullible . What Credibility do those media maggots have ??? LOL
I think some of you should jump off the cliff and put your selves out of your negative misery

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6