DCE would have re-signed before Xmas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well contract law 101 says you are bound to a contract at the point the offer is accepted, so the fact DCE doesn't have a deal if an offer was on the table is because his manager is useless...

Correct. Offer and acceptance are the cornerstones of a contract. The simple fact that Orr said they were 99% there means there was no agreement.

Orr is a tool.

just finished reading the smh article on foz & his manager said that until foz says no deal to manlys offer then he will not worry about any other teams offers and if he is happy with the offer then it doesn't matter what others offer.
seems a hell of a lot more class there.

If DCE didn't approve of the way Gavin Orr did business he'd only have to get on the phone and tell him he's unhappy with the way things are being handled. Of course DCE has the right to do what's best for him and his family but let's not lose site of the fact that the buck stops with him. Or should I say million bucks !

I expect Foran and Daly to re-sign with us before the start of the season.

I have never bought into the media and coffee shop speculation. I always thought that a reasonable market value contract, with a slight reduction due to any premiums other clubs would need to offer would be enough to seal the deal.

Honestly, why the hell would you want to go to any other club if Manly wanted to re-sign you.

If DCE didn't approve of the way Gavin Orr did business he'd only have to get on the phone and tell him he's unhappy with the way things are being handled. Of course DCE has the right to do what's best for him and his family but let's not lose site of the fact that the buck stops with him. Or should I say million bucks !
There is pluses and minuses to each manager for each player. Orr seems to live in the mud but for DCE that typically means we the fans blame what a grub Orr is while we like Sutton and generally just think he's less of a leach on society. Alternatively if foz was to leave us his manager prob wouldn't cop the stick it'd be all on Foran.

In his own way Sutton can be seen as just as sneaky because he's keeping his own rep in check at the expenses of kierans should he leave.

Sounds fair enough to me from Kelly's point of view.

Orr: .....But they offered us XY & Z!
Kelly: Well they're not around anymore and there's no paperwork to back that up....so let's start from X and go from there.

Orr is a nob!, Joe Kelly has got him covered here. DCE has our best offer, question is does he want to stay? Get on with is DCE!!

Who was the manager that got busted a few years ago for organising hookers for junior players?

Player managers don't give a toss about where their clients play, so long as it involves a big fat contract that they can cash in on.

League was so much easier when players negotiated their own contracts.

Player managers don't give a toss about where their clients play, so long as it involves a big fat contract that they can cash in on.

League was so much easier when players negotiated their own contracts.
Arvo could not agree more!

WHY CHERRY-EVANS SHOULD HEAD TO THE TITANS

AFL’s GARY Ablett is the biggest name in footy on the Gold Coast right now, but Daly Cherry-Evans can give him a real run for his money if he elects to sign with the Titans in 2016 and beyond.

If the 25-year-old Manly star joins the Gold Coast club he will become a superstar in a major metropolitan region of 600,000 people where rugby league has just one team.

Since the Titans rose from the ashes of previous franchises on the Glitter Strip in 2007, only Scott Prince has had the same drawing power that Cherry-Evans could command on and off the field.

Under coach Neil Henry there is a transformation under way at the Titans and Cherry-Evans can play a major role in plotting a chart to success in future years.

If he decides to head north, he will be joining a club that has moved on from the controversies over debt and governance to one that is planning a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art training facility under the direction of a new board and respected CEO in Graham Annesley.

Cherry-Evans has the talent and time on his side to be one of the greats of the game.

By accepting a lucrative offer from the Gold Coast he can not only set himself up for life financially, but also become a sporting icon in a major Australian city.

Cherry-Evans is now a marquee player in a market where there are a plethora of stars across multiple codes. But if he moved to the Gold Coast, only Ablett will be in his league.

He could become the most marketable league player in the game with a number of third-party options opening up to him.

The opportunities are there because DC-E is a family man who presents an image of quiet confidence and success. Fans will come through the gates to watch him and elite companies and media organisations should be only too happy to utilise his services.

Cherry-Evans’ partner Vessa is a Manly girl whose parents live not far from where the couple reside on the north shore.

But a move to the Gold Coast would see the couple retain that relaxed, beach atmosphere and Cherry-Evans’ parents also live in Brisbane.

The Sharks may well have a say in deciding his future, and no doubt other clubs are keen.

The Titans have made their offer and it is an impressive one from all accounts. But the Sea Eagles remain in the box seat to retain his services for several reasons.

Manly have reached the NRL semi-finals for the past 10 seasons and have won two grand finals in that time.

In the eight seasons of the Gold Coast’s existence they have made the finals only twice.

If it comes down to a choice between the two clubs, the Sea Eagles are streets ahead of the Titans when it comes to history, gravitas and status in the game.

Manly is also a club where players have had such a strong bond, and where the club culture is so tight, that the contractual controversies and boardroom shenanigans of the past have not impacted on-field results.

But the Titans best days must be ahead of them and Cherry-Evans can help create a golden age under a coach who has big plans to build the team into regular finalists.

It is a massive challenge. But it is one Ablett embraced at the Gold Coast Suns when he left powerhouse Geelong, and it is one Cherry-Evans can rise to as well.

- JOEL GOULD

Re : Gavin Orr - this guy is extremely money and ego driven. I doubt he has DCE's future as his top priority all he is after is as much commission as he can get. I personally meet Mr Orr when we spoke about him Managing my son who at the time was a star soccer player and represented the Australian under 17 side. We left the meeting pretty disheartened as he seemed to have a attitude problem and basically wanted to show us who was boss in any future relationship ! We gave him the flick and ended up with someone else luckily. But I can tell you he is pretty ruthless and it doesn't surprise me these contract negotiations are taking so long ! I'm pretty sure he is dictating things and DCE would probably have little input at the moment which is a concern.

@delz did your young fella end up making a career from soccer ??

Yeah sounds to me like Orr blowing hot air..... again.

I wish DCE had a better manager.It seems like Foz manager is a far better bloke.

I find it hard to believe that Orr is saying DCE was ready to sign, and then Kelly said there is no evidence of an offer?????

Im thinking Ill go with the CEO on this one.

The read on DCE not wanting to join the dogs is a good article :)

If he decides to head north, he will be joining a club that has moved on from the controversies over debt and governance to one that is planning a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art training facility under the direction of a new board and respected CEO in Graham Annesley....

I often wonder if these journo's read the sh1t the write...

They have already built one "multi million dollar state-of-the-art training facility and have almost gone under...
So know with the NRL's money they are allowed to do it again, whilst they throw mega dollars at star players. Who says they are out of debt...They are bogged down in it and have to repay the NRL, at some point.
How can they be allowed to still throw around ridiculous amounts of money on star players, whilst they cant repay the NRL...Ridiculous in that NO OTHER player in the game is on this coin, yet a club, as good as broke, are propped up to offer it.

Where is Smith and Greenturd to explain there position on the Gold Coast and their financial support

Orr really is simply incompetent - remember we were paying DCE something like $80k when he was a premiership winning half and on the verge of rep selection. That's 100% his manager's fault.

Now there was apparently an acceptable offer on the table but for some reason it wasn't accepted. Again, Orr's fault for not getting the deal done.

And all along he has made DCE look like all he cares about is the money.

Overall, I can't think of anything he could have done to do a worse job. However at the end of the day the buck stops with DCE. Despite what would appear to be pretty clear grounds for dismissal DCE continues to engage him and therefore endorse him.

If he decides to head north, he will be joining a club that has moved on from the controversies over debt and governance to one that is planning a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art training facility under the direction of a new board and respected CEO in Graham Annesley....

They have already built one "multi million dollar state-of-the-art training facility and have almost gone under...
So know with the NRL's money they are allowed to do it again, whilst they throw mega dollars at star players. Who says they are out of debt...They are bogged down in it and have to repay the NRL, at some point.
How can they be allowed to still throw around ridiculous amounts of money on star players, whilst they cant repay the NRL...Ridiculous in that NO OTHER player in the game is on this coin, yet a club, as good as broke, are propped up to offer it.

Where is Smith and Greenturd to explain there position on the Gold Coast and their financial support
The author neglects to mention where this multi million dollar training facility is...Coomera..a long way from any beach, The suburb itself features heavily in the press up here...murders and assaults are a speciality.
Interesting the state govt "gave" the land to the Titans to build on (again).
I'm with Frogz...there's some dodgy **** going (continuing) on up here.

Yeah sounds to me like Orr blowing hot air..... again.

I wish DCE had a better manager.It seems like Foz manager is a far better bloke.

I find it hard to believe that Orr is saying DCE was ready to sign, and then Kelly said there is no evidence of an offer?????

Im thinking Ill go with the CEO on this one.

The read on DCE not wanting to join the dogs is a good article :)

The facts are clear to me . When Perry was boss they were negotiating a deal .
I have been told they were just about there when the owners changed . There was no hand over by Perry as he was shown the door by Penn. Kelly has not asked Perry about any of the deals that were being played out. Kelly comes in and low balls Cherry and Foz. In the mean time Penn is quoted ( in the tele crap )as wanting to spend 6 mill on the halves . The money offered to Cherry and foz has been nothing like what Penn had said. Thats why they have not signed yet and thats why there managers are saying SHOW ME THE MONEY.
If the money Penn said he was willing to pay was offered they would of both be signed by now. This is in Penns lap. Kelly has been wedged with it.

Why is a journo writing what amounts to a PR puff piece for the Titans?? That is the real question.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4