• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
sorry to bring some reality into it

i liked what i saw from stewy but great he was not. still weeks away from true confidence i feel and then its all about how mush he remembers from 2008

But it's like saying Lockyer has come back from injury playing with Jye Mullane. Regardless, Stewart is a cut above 98% of the other average joe's in our team.

He was great, in comparison. GREAT.

Fro link said:
Sorry but Stewie was a long way behind Slater tonight

Okaaaaay....but Slater was far and beyond any Manly player. Stewie was one of the best members of our group.

Don't expect us to win, just because he's there mate. Other players have to contribute as well.

We all know the key positions 1, 7 and 9. 1 was playing his first game for nearly a year, 7 was on debut and was ok for his first outing, 9 got concussed. 3 key positions that will get better with confidence especially no1 and 7.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299929781[/time]

We all know the key positions 1, 7 and 9. 1 was playing his first game for nearly a year, 7 was on debut and was ok for his first outing, 9 got concussed. 3 key positions that will get better with confidence especially no1 and 7.

I don't know what everyone was expecting. DCE will take months to find his feet.

Lots of guys underdone and coming back from long term injuries/suspensions.  

It will be a while before we hit our straps in 2011.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=186814.msg322401#msg322401 date=1299929574]

Okaaaaay....but Slater was far and beyond any Manly player. Stewie was one of the best members of our group.

Don't expect us to win, just because he's there mate. Other players have to contribute as well.
[/quote]

Was a response to the boots post Ryan, its not all about you bud.

Yes Stewart was ok, better than most of ours, a shadow of his former self as yet.

Find a post from me anywhere where i say we will win automatically because he is back....

swoop link said:

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299929781[/time]

The spine also includes 6, and our 6 was shifted out to the centres.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186814.msg322406#msg322406 date=1299929717]

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299929781[/time]

The spine also includes 6, and our 6 was shifted out to the centres.
[/quote]

I didn't mention the no6 because he was no3 tonight. No13 was playing as no6.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186814.msg322404#msg322404 date=1299929668]
[quote author=Fro link=topic=186814.msg322401#msg322401 date=1299929574]

[/quote]

Was a response to the boots post Ryan, its not all about you bud.

Yes Stewart was ok, better than most of ours, a shadow of his former self as yet.

Find a post from me anywhere where i say we will win automatically because he is back....
[/quote]

Sorry mate - bitterly disappointed tonight. Poor showing and all :)

I thought they tried to shield him too much, ballon tried to lead too much and they probably should have just let Dce try what he wanted to unshielded.

The pace of the game was clearly faster than he was expecting, it showed. More game time will fix that though

DCE was OK, but still has a lot to learn. He looks like he has more attacking spark then Hodkinson did, more of a ball player, which we definitely lacked last year. Defensively not as good though. A few too many errors as well tonight, but not Robinson Crusoe in that department. Kicking game was a mixed bag. Let's see how he develops over the next month, but not disappointed with what I saw tonight. At least his drops outs are going more than 20m ;)

DCE did well for his debut considering his forwards didn't aim up. Couldn't consistently get us over the advantage line, especially the 2nd half where we played the whole 2nd half in our own half. Where were the hitups and quick play the balls. Really missing Matai in that respect. As I said weks ago if we dont run out with a fit top 17 we arent a show. If we cant keep
1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Wolf

6. Foran
7. DCE

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Rodney
13. Glen Stewart

14. Buhrer
17. T Rex

15 and 16 I just dont know who we are going to find to fill those spots.
Rose you are kidding he's not NRL standard nor Seu Seu. Galuvao is past it, Cross no good Lussick Cunningham too young. Maybe Tim Robinson and or Daniel Harrison but we there isn't a standout for the bench spots and we certainly can't afford any injuries to our top 13.

wouldn't we love to have Hargreaves back, absolutely no mongrel in our team. Storm are average which makes us worse  :-[  Roosters will hammer us next week, Glenn stewart average again. 

Darren link said:
wouldn't we love to have Hargreaves back, absolutely no mongrel in our team. Storm are average which makes us worse  :-[  Roosters will hammer us next week, Glenn stewart average again. 

Matai.

Darren link said:
wouldn't we love to have Hargreaves back, absolutely no mongrel in our team. Storm are average which makes us worse  :-[  Roosters will hammer us next week, Glenn stewart average again.  
are u serious

average?????????

A seasoned half back would have struggled for us out there tonight. It was just one of those games that offered very few chances for him to shine in attack. He held his own in defence in a highly defensive game......so i'm happy with that.

We wont see what he's got untill he's given the chance to move around behind a forward pack that getting the job done. Hopefully next week the opposition arent starting 95% of their sets of 6 at halfway like tonight. Might mean we get a more open game and some room to move for our youngings.

Darren link said:
wouldn't we love to have Hargreaves back,  

I tend to agree with this. Although I do wonder if the bloke will end up in the same school of ref bad boy books like Matai. The refs are already taking note of him.

not the Glenn I remember Cam , He has lost that sting in attack, used to make busts and put guys in gaps with those out wide moves, tackles well but isn't the force that he was in 2008/2009. I do expect much more from him. Watmough is probably in the same boat. Lots of reputations but not alot of star quality at present.

Heck, imagine:-

08. Jared-Wearra Hargreaves
09. Matt Ballin
10. Lama Tasi
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Tony Williams

Younger, faster, hungrier, stronger, more passionate....etc etc etc....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4