• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fonz said:
ha ha. Some times i think to myself "Fonz, gee DCE reminds you of someone. Oh yeah it's Thurston." Then he kicks on the third for some reason and i realise it's Thurston at the same age. He'll be great one day.

Good comparison. DCE is going great. I'm liking the distance he gets from penalty kicks for touch. Has greatly exceded all my expectations of what his rookie year would be like. And Dogkinson seems like an eternity ago now.

bones said:
And Dogkinson seems like an eternity ago now.

Its funny you should say that. I was thinking to myself the other day that if Orford left us in '09, who was our half last year. Took me a few minutes to remember Hodko. So glad the Bulldogs forced a decision for Des.

Darren said:
he is going well in his 1st season. Defence has improved, nice kickig game and gets quality ball to glenn and keiran.
[/quot
DCE could not have a better mentor in Hasler . Our coach is a legend.

Fonz said:
ha ha. Some times i think to myself "Fonz, gee DCE reminds you of someone. Oh yeah it's Thurston." Then he kicks on the third for some reason and i realise it's Thurston at the same age. He'll be great one day.

i hope he doesn't display all of Thurstons characteristics in his younger years...

Darren said:
he is going well in his 1st season. Defence has improved, nice kickig game and gets quality ball to glenn and keiran.
DCE could not have a better mentor than Hasler, our coach is a legend

Fro said:
Fonz said:

i hope he doesn't display all of Thurstons characteristics in his younger years...

Well he's already twice Thurstons size at the same age and i've heard he doesn't like drunken late night pool partys.

I was somebody firmly in the camp of us not being ready to win a comp because of the rookie halves.

Some of those thoughts have been moved aside though, with Foran's ability to step up a notch when required, but most importantly the form of Glenn Stewart and the role he is playing in the side, means that DCE isn't the be all and end all as a genuine playmaker on his side of the park, and that relieves the pressure on him a great amount

Phantar said:
That long run for the tryline after he scooped up the ball, reminded me so much of Johnny Gibbs. And not for the first time.

I thought the same thing, head cocked back and the blonde locks blowing in the wind.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Moondog said:
We've got a hell of a lot better chance of winning the comp. this year with DCE than we did last year with Hodkinson.

+1

+2

Fonz said:
Fro said:
Fonz said:

Well he's already twice Thurstons size at the same age and i've heard he doesn't like drunken late night pool partys.

I hope you have heard right :)

We could sit back & say the same about Foran at 5/8.
Both have proved imo great defensively, the most important thing in finals footy.
The kicking game has hickups like any halves but is good allround - they have spark in attack both solo & supplying quality ball to outside players.
The enthusiasm is arguably the best in the NRL -another massive asset.
I have no doubt they can handle the games ahead & wont be blown away in the big games, but like everyone else on here only the lap of honour will decide who is right....or wrong. There are probably more reasons to draw lines through some of the other STAR halves because i think we have the best overall balanced team to back our guys up.

If you guys are worrying this late in the year you may as well not be supporters.I made a comment when the season started that when we watched the team at early training that all players were geared for a big year and they would win this year, I have not seen anything to change that statement and in years when we did not make the gf i was always in the belief that they would win, I am one eyed and no other team but manly is supported by my family, remember all teams are beatable no matter who plays for them and of the top 6 teams manly are the best structured defensive and attacking team in the comp but there are other parameters on the field other than the players but with our team being directed by dce and foran we are as good as any other side and come October they will show how good they are again. Manly forever
there is no other

ZAMBUCK,
Very good and nice to read about other one-eyed supporters.

Being a tad critical, would you please enter paragraphs, full-stops and new sentence beginnings.

It makes it so much easier to read your posts.

dce is deceptively quick, but not in the blinding speed category of j. gibbs, at least before he did his hammy in 78. such a pity as he never really recovered from that and it was his key asset as a little bloke. treatment of hammys didn't really get very effective till the mid to late 80s.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4