Deep thinkers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And not a law? Then my statement stands true because to be a law it must be proven.

No, because you said it was a law until proven to be false, if they can be proven false then they would have never become laws in the first place.

Neitzcshe and Hesse were big influences in my youth. I liked Sprach Zarathustra for its exposure of the church and Magister Ludi for its denouncement of facism. I identified with Raskolnikov and Gorsky.......not sure why, I was a little surfie living in Narrabeen

Here's Nietzsches grandson...
Once Easter was everywhere, now it starts on friday..........tuesday it's like it never was

Last edited:
Who's on first
Maybe? I suppose I implied that "it" had to have been proven because it was already a law.
There are many laws that have been proven wrong with more knowledge and further experiments, and theory.

Neitzcshe and Hesse were big influences in my youth. I liked Sprach Zarathustra for its exposure of the church and Magister Ludi for its denouncement of facism. I identified with Raskolnikov and Gorsky.......not sure why, I was a little surfie living in Narrabeen
I've always been drawn to Jung.

Would we be better off if Germany and Japan had won the war.
The jap technology and German quality building and engineering.

Well a lot of Japanese are not.
I have heard some different opinions on Japan atm. One guy said it was in great shape, but he's an Aussie, others say not. There is a book that answers your original question. Maybe it's a movie. Anyway my son's going there in August & staying with a family so he'll see it from that angle. Germany on the other hand....

I reckon if Germany had a better Coach they'd have nearly got up. They had the "smarts" but, some of those tactics like the Steppes, Stalingrad,..bad move.

I reckon if Germany had a better Coach they'd have nearly got up. They had the "smarts" but, some of those tactics like the Steppes, Stalingrad,..bad move.
If General Erwin Rommell had been coach they would've been a way better chance. He turned anti aircraft guns on an advancing tank unit, I think in France, that decimated it and the German hierarchy took notice and put him in charge of the north African campaign. He was a good and decent man of principle who conducted a " war without hate" meaning pow's got the same medical treatment as German officers etc. Greatly respected by Australian troops, my grandfather included who was a Rat of Tobruk. His stories live with me forever.

Not saying his press conferences would've been as entertaining though.

If General Erwin Rommell had been coach they would've been a way better chance. He turned anti aircraft guns on an advancing tank unit, I think in France, that decimated it and the German hierarchy took notice and put him in charge of the north African campaign. He was a good and decent man of principle who conducted a " war without hate" meaning pow's got the same medical treatment as German officers etc. Greatly respected by Australian troops, my grandfather included who was a Rat of Tobruk. His stories live with me forever.

Not saying his press conferences would've been as entertaining though.
Agree. That's really something your Grandfather being a Rat of Tobruk.
I read the Peter Fitzsimons book, Tobruk, which wasn't bad. Pretty lousy what they did to Rommel in the finish.

Agree. That's really something your Grandfather being a Rat of Tobruk.
I read the Peter Fitzsimons book, Tobruk, which wasn't bad. Pretty lousy what they did to Rommel in the finish.
Yeah pretty low. But no real surprise. Have you read kokoda? That's positively gripping.

I'd like to but haven't, I read "A Bastard of a Place", by Peter Brune, which was about Kokoda.
For all the crap Fitzsimons gets, I like how he writes, he keeps it moving, it doesn't turn into a dry narrative.
Blamey shafted a few handy blokes, Potts, Honner, Allen, who were often out numbered.
Not a nice bloke, Blamey.

I wonder how long a marriage between Germany and Japan would have lasted, had they won the war? Methinks not long. Germany didn't need any help when it came to engineering and technology. Some of the feats they achieved during the war years were astounding in the field of engineering (albeit using slave labour) Their technology was so advanced also.

It's amazing what scientists and engineers can achieve with unlimited resources. I find the show, Nazi Megastructures ( http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/tv/nazi-megastructures/ ) very interesting. America, Russia and Britain all benefitted immensely from German scientists technology after the war. You could say, Germany won the race to the moon if you consider Wernher von Braun's input.

Because I'm bored and a little laid up, here is a list of 9 German scientists and their input after the war. Operation Paperclip was carried out by the Americans at the end of the war. The goal was to collect as many German scientists as possible..

Wernher von Braun.
Wernher von Braun was a member of various German political organisations, including the SS. He was the chief developer of the V-2 rocket. This rocket was the first ballistic missile ever created.
After Operation Paperclip, Braun became the director of the Development Operations Division of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency. While there, he developed the Jupiter-C rocket, which was used to launch America’s first satellite. He was also credited as being instrumental in leading the moon mission.

Werner Dahm.
To his credit, Dahm opposed the Nazis and resisted joining the party until given no other option. His research helped lead to the development of supersonic wind tunnels for the German rocket program, as well as major advancements in the understanding of aerodynamics.

After Paperclip, Dahm made huge contributions to the U.S. space race. He worked on the Saturn V booster rocket, aerothermodynamics, and liquid hydrogen propellant systems. For his work, he became Chief of the Aerophysics Division at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center before becoming Chief Aerodynamicist at the NASA Center.

Hermann Kurzweg.
Kurzweg was a chief researcher and deputy director for the V-2 rocket program. He also helped design supersonic wind tunnels, as well as carrying out aerodynamic research on the anti-aircraft rocket, Wasserfall.

After Paperclip, Kurzweg became a technical director at the Naval Ordinance Laboratory in Maryland, where he continued his aerodynamics and aeroballistics research. Later, he became a chief researcher at NASA, investigating aerodynamics and flight mechanics.

Konrad Dannenberg.
Dannenberg worked closely with von Braun, helping to develop the V-2 rocket. He also helped organise and launch the first object ever to be sent into space by humans.

After Paperclip, Dannenberg continued to work closely on his former subjects. He helped the United States to produce rocket engines and missiles. Eventually, he also became deputy manager of the Saturn Program, which focused on creating engines for launching both satellites and space shuttles into space.

Kurt Heinrich Debus.
Debus was another member of the SS who helped work on and produce V-2 rockets for the Nazis. He was closely associated with von Braun and was responsible for leading the testing of the V-2 rocket.

After the war, Debus became a prime asset for NASA. His accomplished work on a variety of programs, including launching satellites and the eventual moon mission, led to him becoming the first ever director of the Kennedy Space Center.

Walter Robert Dornberger.
Dornberger was a Major-General in the army of the Third Reich. He was a Senior Artillery Commander and had personal contact with Hitler. His real passion and skill lay in engineering, and he was foundational in the development of rockets for the Nazis.

After the war, Dornberger continued his engineering research for the U.S. He spent time developing guided missile systems for the U.S. Military, before becoming the vice president of the Bell Aircraft Corporation. At Bell, he developed Bell’s Rascal, the first guided nuclear air-to-surface missile.

Eberhard Friedrich Michael Rees.
Rees was another researcher focused on the development of the V-2 rocket for the Third Reich. Although, reportedly, Rees’ passion always lay with space.

After the war, Rees managed to follow his passions. He developed ablative heat shields for NASA, and became the Deputy Director of Development Operations for the Army Ballistic Missile Agency. He also directed the lunar roving vehicle program, before becoming the director of the Marshall Space Flight Center.

Ernst Stuhlinger.
Stuhlinger started his career as a Nazi soldier. He fought in the Battle of Moscow and the Battle of Stalingrad, before being shifted into research. Eventually, he came to work on guidance systems under von Braun.

After Paperclip, Stuhlinger was brought in as director of the Advanced Research Projects Division of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency. He also contributed greatly to the space race, as he was one of the pioneers of electric propulsion. He also worked on the initial phases of the Hubble Telescope.

Hubertus Strughold.
Strughold has been accused of participating in extensive human experimentation under the Third Reich, though it has never been proven. The experiments he allegedly oversaw included performing surgery without anesthetic and depriving people of oxygen in vacuum compartments, as well as human experiments related to hypothermia. These experiments were meant to determine the effects of high altitude and supersonic flights on human beings.

After the war, Strughold helped to pioneer the field of space medicine. He was vital in the investigation into the effects of weightlessness on people, as well as overseeing the building of space cabin simulators. At NASA, Strughold also played a central role in designing the pressure suit and the onboard life support systems used by Gemini and Apollo astronauts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4