• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for the info. Suli very positive and pleased to hear that a troubled young kid can get a happy start with us.
Not sure I understand the 'beliefs' thing.

I suppose with the young bloke it all might be up to what happens at court . Hope its not all bad because he can play.

I hope Suli is locked up, I think he is one of our long term wingers. I must ask I was a really big fan of Fainu on the weekend and hope we keep him long term but what happens if he gets found guilty of the sex scandal stuff.

I hope Suli is locked up, I think he is one of our long term wingers. I must ask I was a really big fan of Fainu on the weekend and hope we keep him long term but what happens if he gets found guilty of the sex scandal stuff.

NRL will suspend him if our club doesn’t. Playing for Manly won’t win him any favours from the media pressure we and he will cop.

I believe he’s already entered a guilty plea, all the Section 32 stuff is about his lawyer asking for no conviction to be recorded. If the court accepts that, you’d have to think no more than a couple of weeks’ suspension, in line with what other players have received after a ‘no conviction recorded’ result in court. Pretty sure Corey Norman, for example, got a S.10 for one of his illicit substance escapades, and didn’t get much more than a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf from the NRL.

I believe he’s already entered a guilty plea, all the Section 32 stuff is about his lawyer asking for no conviction to be recorded. If the court accepts that, you’d have to think no more than a couple of weeks’ suspension, in line with what other players have received after a ‘no conviction recorded’ result in court. Pretty sure Corey Norman, for example, got a S.10 for one of his illicit substance escapades, and didn’t get much more than a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf from the NRL.

You should clarify what Section 32 and 10 are Yoko. Sect 32 addresses Mental Health matters, Section 10 is being found guilty without conviction being recorded.

You should clarify what Section 32 and 10 are Yoko. Sect 32 addresses Mental Health matters, Section 10 is being found guilty without conviction being recorded.

Section 32 is just another way the courts can discharge a matter with ‘no conviction recorded’. There are heaps of them - S.9 and S.10 are the most well known, 9 being a good behaviour bond, 10 generally being the first/minor offence for a cleanskin. It’s kind of the court version of letting you off with a warning.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what the ‘mental health’ thing actually means; it’s not a *defence* to a charge (I think people are seeing it as some sort of ‘diminished responsibility’ plea, which it’s not). It’s basically saying “yes, I did it, I take responsibility for it, but here is a mitigating factor for the court to consider when deciding the punishment”, that’s all. And S.32 covers everything from learning difficulties, anxiety, depression, autism spectrum disorder etc

I would suggest if there wasn’t something that gave Fainu the option of a discharge under S.32, they’d be asking for an S.10 (maybe a 9) anyway. Really the only difference is, if he has a diagnosis that fits
S.32 criteria, it’s a little bit more ‘evidence’ for no conviction to be recorded, whereas 10/9 is purely just ‘I’m a good boy/I promise I’ll be a good boy, please don’t record a conviction against me’.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8