Dennis Leary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think he has put a foot wrong. He is a first-grader from the games I've watched him play in. He has benefitted from Buhrer's injury; can we fit them both into our 17? We have a few backrowers signed for 2016. At the very least he is good coverage for injuries but he looks like he will compete for a place every week. I suppose it depends on whether the owners like him as to whether he gets picked. Pardon the cynicism.

I don't think he has put a foot wrong. He is a first-grader from the games I've watched him play in. He has benefitted from Buhrer's injury; can we fit them both into our 17? We have a few backrowers signed for 2016. At the very least he is good coverage for injuries but he looks like he will compete for a place every week. I suppose it depends on whether the owners like him as to whether he gets picked. Pardon the cynicism.

I like you think that the issue is not his ability but team balance

Buhrer and Brown are similar players, to have all 3 in the team would have 3 small men together.

This may work with reduced interchange but i doubt it would work in todays game

To be fair to T Red how many times has he played a whole game in the forwards? Almost every game he ends up out wide covering for an injury

Blake reminds me a bit of Steve Folks...a tough, no frills player who quietly goes about his business.
With all the changes coming I hope the club recognises his value to our pack.

Just saying @ vs faders.

Points scored while my man leary was on the field 0

Points scored while he was benched for no reason 24

Tooves you are an accountant. Make the same mistake again at our peril

I like Leary, but again i don't think the points conceded were because he was off the field. How many minutes did he play by the way?

Did the raiders score points when Jake T was on the field?

Last edited:
@Killer03
There were no points scored while he was on it cant be a coincidence. i saw him make 4 in a row 4 times from marker. We are solid in defence with him in the middle he is an old skool defender like jake the anvil trobojevic and cuts blokes in half halting momemtum. Also he just keeps running challenging lines and playing it quickly. We are a better side with him on the park.

@Killer03
There were no points scored while he was on it cant be a coincidence. i saw him make 4 in a row 4 times from marker. We are solid in defence with him in the middle he is an old skool defender like jake the anvil trobojevic and cuts blokes in half halting momemtum. Also he just keeps running challenging lines and playing it quickly. We are a better side with him on the park.
Like I've said I like Leary and think there is definitely a place for him. But having looked up the stats and seeing he only played 28mins it's hard to draw definitive conclusions from such a small sample.

Leary rarely gets turtled and can get a quick play the ball 90% of the time. Just gives us that little extra bit of momentum that can make the difference in a set of 6. Horo moving to the RHS has stolen a bit of Bleary's thunder and forced him more into the middle, but I still like his effort though. He's in my top 17 at the moment

I was at the game yesterday and thought it was very odd that Leary didn't get much game time although I did see him stretching his back quite a bit at the beginning of the game. I know he's had issues with his back and wondered whether he aggravated it. Anyone know?

As predicted. 5 zredless wins. Facts dont lie.
Yes when he has played we have won , he fills the gap there is no doubt about it. If you watch him for periods he is a rock in defence and does everything required in attack and can't recall a mistake. Watched him closely in last years cup grand final and like mark thought he was a great buy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4