Des and the Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Des said on Foxsports he hasn't ruled out going to the Panthers and that he's a target of Gus for the job.

Masked Eagle said:
Des said on Foxsports he hasn't ruled out going to the Panthers and that he's a target of Gus for the job.

That didn't quite read right. Just to clear up, Des didn't say he was a target for Gus.

Why wouldn't he be. He is the best coach in the comp next to Bennett. Gus is no fool. We need to tie up Des and Hoppa fast. Can't really understand the delay as I can't believe that either really wants to leave Manly. Des announcing he is leaving could really derail our premiership campaign.

didnt someone else report on here he has agree to terms with manly on a two year extension

I heard the interview the actual interview where mentioned the 2 year deal. He just said there was one there but he didn't say he had signed it.

I wish someone would get a farkin pen out and start signing some players and a coach up.

We dont need instability at this stage of the season

masked you are dead right its on foxsports website

FFS someone in our club offer him whatever it takes get the contract, put a farking pen in his hand a let him sign the bastard.

Forget hoppa or any other player this is the most important signing we will be make.

The longer it goes on the more nervous you get

Frogz said:
I wish someone would get a farkin pen out and start signing some players and a coach up.

We dont need instability at this stage of the season

I totally agree Frogz. I hink we all believe that we don't lose anyone we want to keep, well I would like the club to put its money where its mouth is or better yet, a pen to where the hand is.

There is a chance that a lot of the deals have already been done, but Manly don't announce it to try to get wind of who is still approaching etc and then have a fair idea of the thoughts of the opposition for the following year.

My mail is that he waiting till this new CEO starts before penning an extension. Wants to make sure that they are on the same page and that the guy isn't a total pork chop. Should be a formality hopefully

more media spin out of an off the cuff remark from the Gould interview on trpleM this morning, Gus said something along the lines of which coach he'd like etc
as if Des would want to go anywhere to have to answer to someone on how to coach

BE is on the money.

There are only 2 types of coach that would be going to Penrith.

Guys with a proven relationship with Gus who dont necessarily want to be the only sherriff in town.

Guys who are just starting out and dont mind being 2nd fiddle.

I can think off one guy who ffits option one very well who has a very strong bond with Penrith....

fro i think your alleduing to the rumour ive heard that fittler could be the man.

Des is the traditional loyalist & though started his career at the Chocolate Soldiers he bleeds Maroon & White - money talks - but will need to scream for Des to turn to the dark side....

I really can't see it happening, it just hasn't been a job for him here. He's put his heart & soul into it. Surely you would want to hang around reap the rewards for all the hard work. That being said, if Penrith offer him something ridiculous (remembering there is no salary cap for coaches), then who knows.

We need to get him to sign the contract quick, because just the appearance of instability isn't good when we are trying to tie up some exciting youngsters.

If I was Hoppa I wouldn't sign until I knew Des had actually signed.

Whether Des is seriously considering the Panthers or not, this needs to be sorted out asap.

Dont forget Des & Crusher are a pair.

And if the incoming CEO is an issue i cant see Des sitting on his hands until he commences (June?). Get on the dog & bone and make a dinner reservation for this week and have a meeting of minds. Simple.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10