Des delivers the same side - again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gumby
bit paranoid of you mate
cf2 and me have strong opinions
not sure there's a law against that
plus we're long time season ticket holders (cf2 25+ years)
I cannot even remotely see why us both having strong opinions stifles debate
thats bollocks

Gumby link said:
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=184467.msg281467#msg281467 date=1280897026]
hey Gumby
cf2 and I are best mates
maybe I should check that that's ok with you first
you know......run it past you for your approval
cf2's points are right
and to earl's latest - yes the players are human beings but they are also paid professionals
as I am
if I turned up to a work meeting with a really lazy bad attitude and didn't deliver as I paid to do, I would get fired

No need to check with me Baz. Just noticed that you were agreeing with each other on every topic. Best mates or same IP address are the two logical assumptions.

It's more your statement like "cf2's points are right" that I was trying to refer to in my post. Neither of you state your case like it's an opinion... it's more that you and cf2 are correct and therefore anyone who disagrees is wrong.

I'm not saying you have to change how you post because of me - just saying that it doesn't necessarily lead to healthy debate, which is what a forum is all about.
[/quote]
BAZ link said:
hey Gumby
cf2 and I are best mates
maybe I should check that that's ok with you first
you know......run it past you for your approval
cf2's points are right
and to earl's latest - yes the players are human beings but they are also paid professionals
as I am
if I turned up to a work meeting with a really lazy bad attitude and didn't deliver as I paid to do, I would get fired

Really!! They would fire you if you were having an off day???

Hey Baz,

Will next years line up include Cooper Cronk? Still waiting to hear something positive. Do you have any timeframe on an announcement?

Is Buhrer and Lussick going that bad that they can not force their way into the team ahead of Galuvao.

What must they think of their NRL prospects?

I hope no Manly fan criticises either if they leave the club for another offer when they come of contract.

i am wondering why people think an 18 year old injured Hoppa should be in the nrl side making 20 hitups a game?

All good stuff. I bet the Knight's forums went off when absolutely thrashed by the Riaders and going down to the Cowgirls - but all is forgiven this week. Still, there is a lot of pain for all of us so I hear and agree with a lot of points well made.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
Is Buhrer and Lussick going that bad that they can not force their way into the team ahead of Galuvao.

What must they think of their NRL prospects?

I hope no Manly fan criticises either if they leave the club for another offer when they come of contract.

Ernie - do you have any idea how Junior palau is going this year.  he played well in the trial game against the sharks but hasn't been mentioned since.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I have also found all the comments about Perry having no passion and not caring on Monday night a bit perplexing as surely if somebody was out there not giving a stuff they wouldn't be sticking the mits up and throwing a few ?

You might have missed it, but in the post match interview he said he is a Newcastle boy, he enjoyed the game, he thanked the Newcastle crowd and said they were great, and then said maybe one day he would be back playing in Newcastle again.

The tool didn't mention Manly once.  He certainly never thanked the Manly fans who trecked up the F3 to watch that drivel they served up.  He sounded like he wanted to boof Adam McDougall!

The bloke has been playing like a busted all year.  Why are we sticking with him?  Loyalty?  If we aren't going to release him right away maybe we should make him the water boy for the Toyota Cup...

I heard those comments, I didn't hear the word play in the interview, I took it as possibly meaning he may head back there to live once finished, he is a Newcastle lad after all. He has also stated he will not play against Manly

He is a local Newcastle lad, who played a massive chunk of his career in the place, playing his final game in his hometown, tbh, I didn't have a huge problem with that.

Ernie - do you have any idea how Junior palau is going this year.  he played well in the trial game against the sharks but hasn't been mentioned since.
[/quote]

Yeah he is going good. An improvement on last season I am told

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
Ernie - do you have any idea how Junior palau is going this year.  he played well in the trial game against the sharks but hasn't been mentioned since.

Yeah he is going good. An improvement on last season I am told
[/quote]

No doubt better than Joe is going at the moment.  Surely Des would be better off giving the younger players a go if he persists on giving Joe 10-15 minutes and Bailey 5 or 10 minutes a game.  

Palau will be probably be lost to another club soon.  

Orange CYMS,Mudgee and Bathurst St Pats are going great guns in group 10.Maybe send a scout out to actually have a look at a group club outside the greater metropolitan area!

I have to agree with BAZ on this one, the same thing happened last season, poor performance after poor performance and no changes to the 17.

It's not about one-off poor performances, most of these players (especially the forwards) have been consistently underperforming for 2 seasons now.

Surely Matt Cross deserves a decent run? Why on earth did he come here if he is not going to get any game time, his first few run-outs of the season he looked impressive, but he's hardly been given a chance to prove himself.

Bailey should NOT be in our 17. Single-handedly cost us the return Parramatta game and has really offered very little since coming down.

Kite into the run-on side would be a good start. We certainly lack depth in the forwards and Des clearly has no faith in the Under 20's squad.

Our biggest problem in the last 2 seasons is the severe depletion of our forward stocks (Menzies, Hall, Cuthbertson, Bryant, Waerea-Hargreaves, Williamson, L'Strange) and their replacements aside from Rodney (Galuvao, Cross, Bailey, Seu-Seu) just not cutting it for various reasons.

That's a fair assessment Chuck, doesn't matter how good your backs are, without the right forwards it makes it hard.

why's that Downie
too honest for you?
clearly the MWSE didn't like some raw realities spelled out on their site
geez - this particular thread is only few blokes opinions after all
its not neurosurgery or a life threatening situation

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8