Des deserves more respect and support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Coaches are judged by results. Des is entitled to respect as both a champion Manly player and coach. This respect is given to him based on his past performances as a player and coaching achievements for the club. All of this happened 10 plus years ago.
His results since 2011 have been inconsistent at best, and woefully inadequate at worst. Arguably, his best years as a coach are well behind him. His recent coaching results would appear to back that up. As a long time Eagles supporter it's hard to support his dysfunctional recruitment policies, bizarre player selections, and his clear inability to bring our younger players into the 17, and develop them properly into regular first graders. I respect Des for everything he has done for our club, but this doesn't mean I will give him my unqualified support as coach, based on his results (and the above). Hopefully, he turns everything around this year and makes me look like an idiot. That would be a great result for everybody@:cool:

He did ok for us but not great.
It is too early to tell and 2011 I gave up after the first game.

Big difference though. We were one try from being an impossibility to win last week
It’s a funny game someone commented how much spirit parramatta played with tonight and look at their coach. I think he has more spoons than any other current coach. I am confident our teams fortune can change for the better this season as well.

I
It’s a funny game someone commented how much spirit parramatta played with tonight and look at their coach. I think he has more spoons than any other current coach. I am confident our teams fortune can change for the better this season as well.
That's great man, I'm just not a optimistic about our squad, we have no balance or deliberate structure and we hinge so much on one or two key players

I
That's great man, I'm just not a optimistic about our squad, we have no balance or deliberate structure and we hinge so much on one or two key players
Let’s see how we progress into the season. I suspect the issue is headspace and an inability atm to dominate around the ruck both in A&D.

If I reflect back on Dessie's second coming I have to say, I was only really impressed during a period where Api and Blade Runner where carving up the middle and forwards like Marty were feeding off/creating momentum with offloads and charges at back-pedalling defence. Turbo chimed into a backline or rampaged up the middle off a pass turned inside by Jake... There were promising signs as this unfolded back in 2019, but it was raw and inconsistent and I was hoping so much we would build on this.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10