Des has painted himself into a corner here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Hoppa kills it at the Warriors he looks like an idiot

If now that the season is over he plays Olakau'Atu or Schuster and they perform....he looks like an idiot

If he picks the same team after this performance, he looks like an idiot

Like........I just.....I dunno, I'm at a loss
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it's a goose...

He drops slowfua because of the leaked points for 1 week. Brings him back because he won't try any others and they score their 1st try the exact same way that caused slowfua to be dropped. It's just farcical. Des you've become the laughing stock of coaches.

He drops slowfua because of the leaked points for 1 week. Brings him back because he won't try any others and they score their 1st try the exact same way that caused slowfua to be dropped. It's just farcical. Des you've become the laughing stock of coaches.
Agree. The kids will make some mistakes as Funa did today BUT they will be so much better for the experience

Thing is young people today are very different to previous generations, they are not motivated by the same things and old school ways don't work with them.
In saying that Bellamy is a hard task master with old school discipline and still gets results.

The main issues are ineffective go forward from powder puff, hop, skip trundling, running types from a squad that lacks athletes with good leg drive and footwork---we look like park footballers physically and skillset wise across the park.

Defensively with a busted squad we lack the energy and freshness to win the tackle and ruck causing us to be on the back foot way too easily---especially under the new 6 again rule.

Des's teams throughout his career have enjoyed the wrestle(but "obviously with less extreme illegalities behind it) almost as much as Melb and we are getting showed up more with this rule---always annoyed me that fans here just kept focusing on Melb when Manly got away with plenty over the same period.

All this talk about Levi being the issue is so far off the mark, the same people here last year were all talking about Api being the issue when Fainu wasn't on----Penrith 10 in a row answers that question.

I don't think it is as easy as using new players in our 30 player squad without it impacting the salary cap in a variety of ways---along with creating a more disjointed squad than it already is as evidenced by the defensive structure errors from backing off, to sliding to backing off then rushing up.

Right now all im concerned about is retaining

Molly
Hoppa
Schuster
and Metcalf

If we lose any of them I'll start the sack Des banner on the spit Bridge

In saying that Bellamy is a hard task master with old school discipline and still gets results.

The main issues are ineffective go forward from powder puff, hop, skip trundling, running types from a squad that lacks athletes with good leg drive and footwork---we look like park footballers physically and skillset wise across the park.

Defensively with a busted squad we lack the energy and freshness to win the tackle and ruck causing us to be on the back foot way too easily---especially under the new 6 again rule.

Des's teams throughout his career have enjoyed the wrestle(but "obviously with less extreme illegalities behind it) almost as much as Melb and we are getting showed up more with this rule---always annoyed me that fans here just kept focusing on Melb when Manly got away with plenty over the same period.

All this talk about Levi being the issue is so far off the mark, the same people here last year were all talking about Api being the issue when Fainu wasn't on----Penrith 10 in a row answers that question.

I don't think it is as easy as using new players in our 30 player squad without it impacting the salary cap in a variety of ways---along with creating a more disjointed squad than it already is as evidenced by the defensive structure errors from backing off, to sliding to backing off then rushing up.

Are you therefore suggesting so we stay under the salary cap that we stick with the team and enjoy being near the bottom of the comp. No. It is as easy as promoting young blood and enthusiasm and getting some attack working again. The squad may be busted, but there are options being ignored week after week. Look at Penrith, the youngest squad in the comp. And at the top of the comp. Captain! Captain! The engines aint working on all thrusters. Do your magic with them Scotty. Change the dilithium crystals.

Thing is young people today are very different to previous generations, they are not motivated by the same things and old school ways don't work with them.
I think you’ve nailed it here. A lot has changed in 10 years. Our 2008 team was full of knock about blokes.

Are you therefore suggesting so we stay under the salary cap that we stick with the team and enjoy being near the bottom of the comp. No. It is as easy as promoting young blood and enthusiasm and getting some attack working again. The squad may be busted, but thee are options being ignored week after week. Look at Penrith the youngest squad in the comp. And at the top of the comp. Captain! Captain! The engines arent working on all thrusters. Do your magic with them Scotty. Change the dilithium crystals.
Pretty sure we can play anyone in the 30 lol.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8