Des Hasler and the Bulldogs prepare to make $2 million bid for Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Foran goes for big money to the Dogs so be it. It just shows the Dog aren't interested in developing halves anymore. DCE & Lyon can be our halves pairing for 2013.

I think we can only afford 1 of DCE or Foran. I don't think it is a good idea to have our halves taking up more than $1 million per season.

Garts said:
I think we can only afford 1 of DCE or Foran. I don't think it is a good idea to have our halves taking up more than $1 million per season.

Don't agree at all. I reckon we can afford both, keep the Stewarts, TRex and re-sign Lyon for two seasons. We might not be able to keep Gulavao, Rose, Lussick and Farrer.

Garts said:

I agree let foran go and try ricardi at no.6.....just face it people FORAN IS GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! And BRETT .STEWART and TREX will go with him...

Utility Player said:
niccipops said:
For F's sake if he wanted to coach Manly then why didn't he stay here.

Because the board sacked him

As has been said I am sure that the Bulldogs would not be the only club interested in Foran and are only mentioned because of the get out clause.

Des would be crazy not to try and sign him but it does not mean that Foran will go.

He was sacked for trying to entice staff and players to work for another club while we were paying him.

Where in any other business would that be tolerated.
NO WHERE.

As I said before he and the other big fellow thought they were bigger than the club and we owe them. What a joke.

How can any club let alone Manly decide on which players to retain or let go when next years salary cap hasn't been decided yet and neither has the Tv deal.

Cant see us keeping Foz we need depth. Spending too much on 2 players will weaken the team. losing foz and keeping our forwards Trex, Lussic ,Rose ,Robbinson ,Harrison, will make us a better side. without a strong forward pack backs are useless. I say goodbye Foran .

I still think player happiness might come into play and some of the boys will stay for a little less, I think DSM mentioned it before 50k extra after tax would probably only be 30k....not a lot when we're talking hundreds of thousands.

Matabele said:
It is time for Greenberg and the Bulldogs to be pursued legally for enticing people to breach their contract, starting with Hasler and then following the knock-on effect.

As much as I hate Des this is the funniest thing I have read you would be laughed out of court Fact 1 Des signed for 2013 then the club did the RIGHT thing by sacking him as he was recruiting players against our interest.Fact 2 Foran has a get out clause in plain speak he is a free agent next year if he decides he wants to be so no breaking contract here.I'm asking as a fan who at our club has been asleep at the wheel allowing such clauses into contracts as it was always going to put the club in this situation

The best advertisement for staying is how crap other teams are. I rarely watch games not featuring manly, but today I watched roosters Canberra souths and penrith. I can scarcely believe how bad these sides are. Surely none of our players would want to play with hacks?

wizball1973 said:
Disappointed that Foran met with him - just get your manager to take the offer.

Can't see us not matching 500k a year though given Foran is 1/2 of the dynamic duo and a future captain.

I hope he signs before R8 and then, with DCE, proceeds to hammer the mutts senseless.

A few gestures to the coaching box would be an added bonus.

How good would that be? Have Foran play Des, then the week of the Doggies game Foran signs to Manly. During the Dogs game, as he walks back after another try assist/try, turns to the Coaches box and sticks his finger up at Des.

Lester 12 said:
Matabele said:
It is time for Greenberg and the Bulldogs to be pursued legally for enticing people to breach their contract, starting with Hasler and then following the knock-on effect.

As much as I hate Des this is the funniest thing I have read you would be laughed out of court Fact 1 Des signed for 2013 then the club did the RIGHT thing by sacking him as he was recruiting players against our interest.Fact 2 Foran has a get out clause in plain speak he is a free agent next year if he decides he wants to be so no breaking contract here.I'm asking as a fan who at our club has been asleep at the wheel allowing such clauses into contracts as it was always going to put the club in this situation

What I'd like to know is, when did Des put these clauses in the contracts: before, or after he signed with the Dogs?

If it was after then I'm thinking there's something illegal there.

torana355 said:
Not long ago foran said he will not be following des to the dogs.

Excuse the pun but Hasler is nothing more than a dog with a bone .. he just wont leave the poaching alone. Over him !!

In case anyone might have forgotten what Halaler was trying to do to his so called former beloved club.

Yes! Back ended deals....questionable re-signings, get out clauses inserted into the best player and best future prospects contract, e mails, lies, and the whole facade he put on after last years GF.......and of course the cherry on the top was signing T Rex...all this after giving guarantees to Ken Arthurson that he wouldn't sign anyone from Manly! **** Hasler....The DOG

Hang ion in one thread we are saying the media is full of **** and are to blame for hyping things and in this one we are claiming them as a credible source

Masked Eagle said:
lsz said:
Dan we believe the media when it suits us

I've said this in other threads but its amazing how our opinions of journos change depending on what they say about our club.

its sad really and devalues opinions

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4