Des Hasler not at Manly to rebuild: 'We want to win, it's as simple as that'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
A clever and inclusive strategy. Clearly he will be rebuilding over the coming seasons, but by telling the world we’re here to win he can lift the morale of the club, the fans and encourage the players.

If he had said we are rebuilding, some players could respond by thinking ‘He means I am on the outer here. Time to look around.’ Rather than rebuilding the team culture.

psst we lost round 1 to the great redemption of the Knights very dodgily by a huge 1 point.
I try to forget that game as well as most of the 2018 season

The only game I remember is the second round against parra

Last edited:
Des can say what he likes and good on him, but this is more than a rebuild we are at rock bottom ( in a player roster sense) and it’s going to take 2-3 years to get back to being competitive on a regular basis.

psst we lost round 1 to the great redemption of the Knights very dodgily by a huge 1 point.

We also won Round 2 by 54-0... and still only just avoided the spoon at the season's end.

The point is, we are 1 match into a 25-match season and plenty can change between now and September.

At full strength i think he has inherited a better team than what he had at the dogs.and he took that mob to a few grandfinals .

Its really what he has to say if the players are going to buy into a positive winning mentality.
If the team accepts this as a rebuild, it basically accepts negative results.
If you go into a game expecting to lose, you take away the belief to win the game.
This is the exact attitude 1 would want from a team who will at least compete.
Elgey will be a great fit by round 5-6 imo and this will add plenty to the entire team..
I think once we have our best team available and a few of the newbies like Garrick, Waddell having more NRL time, it will be a top 8 side....
1 thing for sure is Des wants the players available to believe and I'm happy with this factor, as with these injuries and players finding feet, are only at 60% of where we will be.
Are we still shy of being a legitimate contender....maybe....but not as far off as some think.

No rebuilding for Des
He believes in winning
I’m on board are you ?

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ue-sydney-roosters/1frvzodeqo3tw159279g0856tk

Des is 100% right !!!

Every season is all about winning

Fans pay their money in the hope of seeing their team win

I am crossing over the bridge on Saturday night to see our Manly boys cross over the Roosters try line

******Des " Any side can get any one on the day . It depends how you arrive on the day "*****

Give us a win this Saturday night Des and make us all happy !!!
images.jpg

Last edited:
Des will make the team a lot more competitive this year and I expect that we should get about 10 wins this season. He and his team are in assessment mode right now to build a team for the future. I expect a slow start. We have the draw from hell in the first few rounds this year and improve from then on.

Des can say what he likes and good on him, but this is more than a rebuild we are at rock bottom ( in a player roster sense) and it’s going to take 2-3 years to get back to being competitive on a regular basis.
I disagree mate. I dont think it would take that much. We have the basis of a good team here.

1. T. Trebojevic
3. Walker
6. Elgey
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Koriasau
10. Tapau
13. J.Trebojevic

If you were to throw a Clint Gutherson, Corey Oates or even Jordan Kahu in that backline and someone like Manu Maú, Tevita Pengai Jr, Tepai Moreoa or even Rhyse Martin into the pack then its a real competitor. (all off contract)

On a side note, Corey Oates to the backrow would be worth the gamble IMO. If it's still what he wants to do. Even if it failed you would have one of the games premier wingers on your books.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10