Des Hasler on 2UE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is not how i read comments from Tookey and Duff (damn mozilla stalls when i try to quote)

Both talk about signing a prop

tookey link said:
Hopefully Burgess will realise that eeh is playing for a bunch of losers and want to get out of his conract and come to Manly next year.
He has younger twin brothers with Bradford doesn't he?

lsz link said:
That is not how i read comments from Tookey and Duff (damn mozilla stalls when i try to quote)

Both talk about signing a prop

Nah man, look again. I said one prop at the most.

I'm the one on this site that always bangs on about juniors & lower grade players when everyone else wants to buy Thurston. I hate buying established 1st graders. It reminds me of Ox & Field.

Stormquist & Cunningham are the ones in the 20's.
Not sure who's in the QLD cup team this year except Lussick, but he's a backrower.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182863.msg257534#msg257534 date=1269929793]

Not sure who's in the QLD cup team this year except Lussick, but he's a backrower.
 Morewood.
[/quote]

Is he still alive?  What about Jimmy Curtis?  Maybe des is going to put t-rex in as a front rower next year?

Dan link said:
Matai is playing a lot better so far this year that is for sure and it would be ashame to see him go, but if this Whare kid is as good as they say we may not lose too much

I would like to see Matai have another year or two, Kite I think has been great for us in the past but is well and truely at the end of his career. As sad as it is to lose anyone you always need to look into the future.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182863.msg257534#msg257534 date=1269929793]

Morewood.
[/quote]

Not sure if i'm spot on with this, but I think Morewood is actually signed to the SCSE now, not MWSE.

Junior Palau is apparently going well though.

Kite has been up there with our best forwards this year. It must be the money that he is on that is the problem. I would hate to see him go. There are 40 good reasons why he is a Manly hero. He carried our pack for a number of seasons and his defence is superb.

Kite looks like our only fit prop and to be honest I cant believe he doesnt start. He is over 100m nearly every game and always plays 100% its crazy to suggest he is at the end of his career. What would you have said about Wiki and Price playing at thier age they got better like a fine wine and i reckon wiki would still be better than most now. If we let Kite and Perry go we are crazy unless we have Asotasi and Hannant on standby. I love Rosey but he still hasnt had a full season yet and i want to see how consistant he is over 20 odd rounds before i throw the baby out with the bath water. We have lost too much depth in the front row in recent years to lose both Kite and Perry at once.

Perry is off contract this year

Kite is off contract next year
Im pretty sure Bailey and T.Williams are also of contract next year aswell

Kite has started this year witha  fire in his belly. He was woeful at best last year, but we were talkign the other day whilst watching the game and he is taking a lot of hitups and trying to bust the line each time

Dan link said:
Kite has started this year witha  fire in his belly. He was woeful at best last year, but we were talkign the other day whilst watching the game and he is taking a lot of hitups and trying to bust the line each time
Exactly right. I'm putting last year down to his head not being in the game due to his father's death. He has a funny running style that isn't always effective but when he is committed he can get a roll on for the forwards and can slip a good pass. Give him another 8 rounds and if he is still doing what he has shown in the first 3 then I would retain him.

Perry is the one who has been ineffectual. But his enthusiasm is up and that could be driven by the smell of dollars before he goes back to his old habits. All the same it is a new year and if he can also produce over the next 8 rounds then we have a great bookend partnership.

Georgie has been sensational. If he can remain injury free then he is a must keep. Kingie has also stepped up this year and add it Matt Cross's good two efforts then we have a lineup I wouldn't want to change.

I haven't been as impressed as some with Kite.  When he's on his game he has one of the quickest play the balls in the game.  At the moment he is ponderous.  Watch him. 

Compared to Perry's play the balls kite is like greased lightning.  King is a bit ponderous as well.

Kite is far better than last year, its a good start, if he hits 2008 we are going to go well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4