Des Hasler said:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
OneEyedEagle said:
I can't believe your turning on Des, this is like a scumdogs forum after we beat them, they all whinge how they hate Des and how he is a Whinger and a grub. Well now they have the best coach in the business and they are all over the moon about it, BLOODY HYPOCRITES.

If I read into it Des wanted to stay and required a certain structure to keep developing the juniors etc. For whatever reason this was not granted and the owners , Football club and all the board members should hang their heads in shame in allowing their personal agenda’s get in the way.

If anyone is to go it should be the faceless men.

OneEyedEagle said:
I can't believe your turning on Des, this is like a scumdogs forum after we beat them, they all whinge how they hate Des and how he is a Whinger and a grub. Well now they have the best coach in the business and they are all over the moon about it, BLOODY HYPOCRITES.

If I read into it Des wanted to stay and required a certain structure to keep developing the juniors etc. For whatever reason this was not granted and the owners , Football club and all the board members should hang their heads in shame in allowing their personal agenda’s get in the way.

If anyone is to go it should be the faceless men.

The only problen OEE is that nobody will name these faceless men, all we see now is finger pointing, inuendo and lies. Why doesn't anyone name them so we can get rid of this cancer and make sure this doesn't happen again.

Swoop, I just want to clear myself up and say that I don't blame Melinda Gainsford all of this as I think she is only a figure head and a pawn, her hearts in the right place.

The issue can't be fixed overnight and I think Des did what he had to do to wake some of these clowns up. I just wish he would have gone about it another way rather than leave the club.

Well as for the other board members and owners we have had this instability since 2000 (most of their own doing) and you think they would have learnt their lesson by now especially if their heart is in the club and the colours, obviously not.

I think in moving forwarded and unless we have full privatisation 1 owner then the structure of the board should consist of :

I would like to see some independence in the board and in particular the board to consist of an ex player voted by members and board. I would also like to see representation on the board from one of the members which is elected solely from the members so that we to have a voice.

Something has to give. The ego's need to be put aside and they must start having fruitful dialogue and work to resolve their differences otherwise they should go.

I would love to see Des come back in 2017 in the form of football operations manager solely being responsible working with the coach in developing leading class technology, player development and retention, scouts support coaching staff. Whatever they require. The boards role should only be responsible for facilities, playing ground and ensuring the obtain the finances that a football operations manager and coach require to run the teams in the NRL.

Just a thought

If the members get to vote for the board in February, why wouldn't Des wait until then before making his decision about the future?

Ceagle said:
Just a thought

If the members get to vote for the board in February, why wouldn't Des wait until then before making his decision about the future?

I wondered that as well. If 2012 was all locked in (Hasler at the Eagles, Dymock at the Dogs), why didn't he step back and wait to make a decision? The only answer I can come up with is that he was on a deadline from Greenburg and the Dogs. They wanted their answer.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7