Des is awesome

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker said:
I cannot believe the ridiculous things people are saying, based on emotion.

I want Manly to win next year and I don't care who is the coach. My interest is on what is best long-term for the club.

Keeping Des keeps the team together next year and also gives a year for the structures to be put in place to manage the club post-Hasler.

Des is the consummate professional, is a man of integrity and win or lose, he will do his best for Manly. (Don't let supporter emotions convince you other - coaches and players don't share the same hatreds!!)

A thought - Des has played for the club, coached us to two premierships and is Maroon and White through and through. Same for Crusher.

Thanks boys. We know you aren't leaving for money or your love of the Dogs - it is obviously problems behind the scene somewhere.

A great legacy would be for you to help those with clout to point the finger at the cancers in the club so that it can be sorted out - and give Toovey a fresh start.
your kidding arent you,we could have a new board next year,and then where is his excuse,if he sticks to his contract,then he will see that if it happens

byso said:
My point is the board may of been an annoyance to des but decimating the club by taking away key players like crush with him is shocking.
Maybe that will tell you how toxic and pathetic the internal wrangling has become. It would take a great betrayal for someone to trash something they've devoted a decade of their life to rebuilding.

All very sad. Regardless of Des Hasler's choice to leave, surely he must feel the pain of the supporters watching the club lurch to disaster, and key staff bailing left, right and centre.
My good mail is he negotiated the deal, as many suggest, well before the semi finals. Once Manly made him the last ditch offer, it was already over. Not because he had signed, but because he had agreed to terms on a handshake. Des being Des, the deal was done then and there, regardless of what was to come.
His actions in leaving, and Canterbury hijacking en masse our key staff is sickening, the darkest day in our club's history (excluding the merger)
I will support Manly till I die, regardless who coaches them, owns them or thinks they own them.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Des.....US versus THEM....Indeed!!!

I think they are both pretty low,they are going to a salary cap cheating super league merkinator club,they can seriously go to hell and anyone who goes with them i wish an injury plagued and shortened career for

quinny said:
All very sad. Regardless of Des Hasler's choice to leave, surely he must feel the pain of the supporters watching the club lurch to disaster, and key staff bailing left, right and centre.
My good mail is he negotiated the deal, as many suggest, well before the semi finals. Once Manly made him the last ditch offer, it was already over. Not because he had signed, but because he had agreed to terms on a handshake. Des being Des, the deal was done then and there, regardless of what was to come.
His actions in leaving, and Canterbury hijacking en masse our key staff is sickening, the darkest day in our club's history (excluding the merger)
I will support Manly till I die, regardless who coaches them, owns them or thinks they own them.

Your good mail? No one has yet to put up a scrap of evidence that these deals were one ahead of when they were announced, in Cleal's case, this week.

Matabele said:
quinny said:

Your good mail? No one has yet to put up a scrap of evidence that these deals were one ahead of when they were announced, in Cleal's case, this week.

I was was told he was going to the Dogs in July. A good friend of mine works as a nurse in palliative care. He was treating a relative of Des's. I told him he was kidding himself at the time and said "why would he leave a team that will probably win the comp" His words-'I am only saying what Des has told them". I respect this man greatly, he cared for my dying father. Truth!
Des was right too-Manly treated him like most company's treat employees who rise through their own ranks. They seem to think "loyalty" will get the salary down 25%
Still doesnt mean I am happy he took the PAYDAY

We still haven't even seen any official confirmation that Cleal is going.

Is Dean 'Bulldog' Ritchie on holidays? Surely he is now the Club's unofficial mouthpiece - with 'Puppetmaster' Peters pulling the strings.

quinny said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

I was was told he was going to the Dogs in July. A good friend of mine works as a nurse in palliative care. He was treating a relative of Des's.

That's just gold! You sure their dog wasn't barking the rumor as well?

Matabele said:
quinny said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

I was was told he was going to the Dogs in July. A good friend of mine works as a nurse in palliative care. He was treating a relative of Des's.

That's just gold! You sure their dog wasn't barking the rumor as well?

Go and **** yourself! You are the tool most say you are.

byso said:
Put it this way. I'd prefer we miss the semis with tooves than win the GF with des here.

Thumbs down on that one Byso..
never take failure over success, i`m sure des would involve Tooves more in 2012 then he ever has, would be great if the 2 coaches combined to win us another one, wouldn`t be so bad next offseason ..:D
Who gives a **** what happens after that we would have won 2 GF`s this decade & have enough time to rebiuld (8seasons) & maybe even nab another one 2019 :p

Earnie the Eagle said:
I dont think Des will be able to fly under the radar at Belmore, he played that card well at Manly.

You got that right...:cool:

What gets me is that the Penn camp, Zorba and players were very close to Hasler and surely one, if not all of them, new of his impending departure. And if any of them new why didn't we throw enough cash to keep them at Manly.

The "can't get on with the board" excuse is a furfy imo, because had members known the majority would have done everything they could to get rid of the the board or whoever.

I believe all the anger on the forum stems from the FACT that members and fans never got the chance to rectify the situation via elections.

Des and Hoppa's anouncement came just days after the GF which has shocked just about everyone.

jjai said:
byso said:
Put it this way. I'd prefer we miss the semis with tooves than win the GF with des here.

Thumbs down on that one Byso..
never take failure over success, i`m sure des would involve Tooves more in 2012 then he ever has, would be great if the 2 coaches combined to win us another one, wouldn`t be so bad next offseason ..:D
Who gives a s**t what happens after that we would have won 2 GF`s this decade & have enough time to rebiuld (8seasons) & maybe even nab another one 2019 :p

Earnie the Eagle said:
I dont think Des will be able to fly under the radar at Belmore, he played that card well at Manly.

You got that right...:cool:

Byso's got a point. Des will be doing everything in his power to sink Toovey when he's living in Belmore (2013). If he's (Des) as articulate as he claims himself to be, and leaves no stone unturned, why NOT leave a club in crisis?

That's one less to worry about when he's steering the Dogs.

For the record, it's lucky Desmond is a coach...I'll leave it at that, because he's a good one.

Meh. I'll go and cheer. I don't support the coach or the players particularly, I support Manly - so while Des is wearing Manly colours I'll cheer him and when he goes I'll boo him. Same with players.

Hope we win the GF next year and the year after and the year after!

byso said:

Are you kidding????

Manly Premiers 2012, Des or Tooves...I don't really care as long as the team win!!! Thank you!

I was probably happier being a supporter in 2005 when BK was carving up other teams even though we were staving off the spoon.

Than watching whats happening to manly ATM.

byso said:
I was probably happier being a supporter in 2005 when BK was carving up other teams even though we were staving off the spoon.

Than watching whats happening to manly ATM.

At the same time Byso, we are all in the same boat mate. Just stick with it. Do it for the players, because I assure you, Tooves & co. will most certainly need you as a supporter going forward.

This team has given you plenty of top memories, and great times.

I know he's going to have my full support. Imagine he pulls together one of the most modern, succesful systems ever.

Whilst it's a worry, it could also be very exciting as well.

I'm fully behind tooves and I'll go to as many games as I can.

I guess I'm suggesting des and crush leaving leaves me more deflated than when we were struggling side.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2