Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hes tainted this whole premiership campaign, sure hes been a fantastic coach and ambassador for the club, but honestly to do this right now is very unproffesional, yes hes looking out for himself and his family, but he can jam it if we were offering over 1 million a season plus bonuses !

Daniel said:
dont get dirty on him yet. Lets wait for confirmation.

Even if he does go, we have had him for years and he has built this club back up. What challenges are left for him here now?

We can't keep a coach for ever. I mean Who would have thought Bennett would have left brisbane

s**t happens, we have lost coaches and players before and we have moved on and still been successful.

I will be most dirty if we lose Crusher.

If Des goes I think crusher will go aswell and probably some of our key players.

There are plenty of challenges for him here Dan. He could start a dynasty and leave a legacy at the club he has been with almost his whole life.

If our offer was higher than the Bulldogs I'm sure he wouldn't leave "for the challenge".

If he does leave (and its not confirmed but not looking good) then it will be for money and nothing else. Lets not sugar coat it.

If he says otherwise I will lose all respect for him.

Daniel said:
Im pretty sure Crusher was always part of the deal. Between losing Des, Crusher and perhaps a few high profile players this could do some major damage to our club. Im still waiting for an official statement before i get to worked up.

i think they will all go
crusher the lot

i think brett and glenn will go to :(

im trying really hard no to bag the bloke right now

So if Manly were offering him $1 million +
What are the dogs giving him

1st 500k to Hoppa jnr isn't enough and $1 mill to Des isn't either

torana355 said:
Daniel said:
Im pretty sure Crusher was always part of the deal. Between losing Des, Crusher and perhaps a few high profile players this could do some major damage to our club. Im still waiting for an official statement before i get to worked up.

He's gone, friend of mine knows Choc and spoke to him on the phone less than an hour ago.

Not sure how many other clubs will be able to afford any of our players, most of the clubs will be maxed out for 2012.

Well losing Crusher is the biggest of all blows. The young talent in our team is all because of him, we lose him, we lose the best talent scout in the market

Chuck said:
torana355 said:
Daniel said:

He's gone, friend of mine knows Choc and spoke to him on the phone less than an hour ago.

Not sure how many other clubs will be able to offord any of our players, most of the clubs will be maxed out for 2012.

It's 2013 onwards that everyone will be concerned about

If it happens, we move on.

Steve Jobs in his own words: "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." – Stanford commencement speech 2005

BREAKING NEWS: Des Hasler will quit the Manly Sea Eagles.

In a stunning development, the 2011 premiership-winning coach will announce tomorrow he will walk away from Brookvale after next season.

It is undertsood Hasler will sign a long-term deal at Canterbury worth $750,000 a season.

A rival publication reported only this morning that Hasler would stay at Manly - their information was dead wrong.

Hasler's shift to Belmore will shock Manly fans.

He has won two premierships at Brookvale and is regarded as one of the best coaches in the NRL.

Hasler's relationship with football club and leagues club chairman Bob Reilly and rookie COO David Perry has deteriorated in recent weeks.

If true, we'll rebuild. If not all the better.

I don't think that many will want to go to the Bulldogs anyway.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Chuck said:
torana355 said:
Daniel said:

Not sure how many other clubs will be able to offord any of our players, most of the clubs will be maxed out for 2012.

It's 2013 onwards that everyone will be concerned about

ahh well no point getting worked up about it. Life goes on. Des will be rich, Hoppa will be rich, Manly will keep on winning with or without Des and a couple of players. Could see a significant cap increase in 2013 which will help retain players.

We have a great squad, losing Hoppa and Des doesn't change that. 800K for a winger for christs sake!! Wingers don't win your premierships.

I thought I couldn't have hated any club more than the Storm. They seem some cuddly puppies atm compared to my feelings on the Dogs.

Amrak, give me your address, I'll send you a Guess what ? Manly hates you to T shirt. You can wear it in front of your mirror

Des should go now, we can't have a coach who has signed elsewhere it just doesn't work, you only have to look at Bennet and the dragons. We need to appoint a new coach asap.

Rex said:
The Mr Invisibles of this world live up to their name when they can't gloat over harming us. He came onto these boards with a vindictive spirit, wanting to rub our noses in it, as much as he proclaimed and pretended friendliness. He was easily seen through. His pretense of reasonableness was a sham. Like the Dogs poster above who also thinks texting on forums somehow makes him look smarter than he is. And like Darwin Eel. They may even tell themselves otherwise, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Mate, that is *really* unfair to be honest.

I actually copped a 50% warning on here for being deliberately vague in regards to this issue, but there were reasons why I had to be (which are now becomming apparent). Only 2 admins on this forum have been party to this information, in order to clear my warning and explain my comments.

It SHOULD all come out in the media over the next few days. Anything that isn't cleared up I'm happy to answer once an announcement is made, based on what I know of the situation.

Trust me, I know what it's like to support a team where players have been poached or done the dirty on you. Mason? Hannant? Sonny Bill?

I'm also just as annoyed at Adrian Proszenko as you guys should be. What sort of idiot jumps the gun on a faux statement and builds up the hopes of one set of supporters, just to smash them apart again a few hours later. If I was his boss I'd be hauling him into the office and asking him to pack up his desk after that effort.

It's not the first time this guy has caused major headaches for Bulldogs supporters with the Kevin Moore saga.

Annoying for fans, embarassing for the papers.

From what I understand of the situation (and I don't work for the media) that first article in regards to Manly should never have been posted.

It's pretty crap how this whole thing has gone down to be honest. For both parties.

Rex said:
Can anyone imagine Mr Invisible, or the others, suddenly appearing on this forum wanting to have a friendly discussion if the tables were reversed and Manly were looking like making a key signing which might significantly weaken their teams?

Again unfair. I've been a member here for quite a while before this, and participated in other threads outside of this issue.

=============

Bottom line is that the papers may well be playing fans of both sides against each other. But this shows that the media will make up lies to sell papers.

Either one or the other article was correct, not both.

How you can be so wrong in such a short space of time (and yet unable to quote a source) leads me to be highly skeptical of Proszenko's motives in publishing both articles.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10