Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des said he never wanted to be a career coach and says he loves Manly. Surely if he had problems with Reilly and Perry then Penn and co should of been able to sort it out, once again the members are left in the dark.

RE: Des to sign new contract next week???

Bayllistic said:
Ceagle said:
Bayllistic said:
Would be a great news after the Hopoate business, plus Dymock is apparently signing a deal for 1 year... so as usual the media will put 1 and 1 together and come up with 3. Cant wait for Des to shut them all up!
Yep everyone on twitter including reporters have gone to the conclusion that Des has gone to the Dogs based on the fact Dymock only signed for one year.

idiots

Can't believe how stupid some people are.... its any wonder so much crap is published in papers. also bloody disrespectful to Dymock by the mutts he should of told them to bugger off as well. Anyways as i said, cant wait for Des to shut them all up... again
Yeah I can't believe how stupid people can be

Absolutely gutted. Amrak, enjoy your spoons, we enjoy premierships here. Piss off back to your hole you scumbag. Typical hypocrits. Bred not bought, then whip out the chequebook. The club has no morals, like it's supporters. Perfect match

Even though its not confirmed yet i have been left with a very empty feeling. What players have get out clauses?

Brissie Kid said:
Talking to Ricky Stuart would be a good move for Manly.

Ill throw myself off a bridge if we do that!! The only people that should be coaching this club are Maroon and White blooded People. This is not Soufs or the Chooks.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Chuck said:
torana355 said:
Daniel said:
I will be most dirty if we lose Crusher.
Im pretty sure Crusher was always part of the deal. Between losing Des, Crusher and perhaps a few high profile players this could do some major damage to our club. Im still waiting for an official statement before i get to worked up.

He's gone, friend of mine knows Choc and spoke to him on the phone less than an hour ago.

Not sure how many other clubs will be able to offord any of our players, most of the clubs will be maxed out for 2012.

It's 2013 onwards that everyone will be concerned about

Who are the morons that have caused this catastrophe?

If Des does go then he has let down every Manly fan just as Hoppa has, but the real villians of the piece are the causes of the trouble behind the scenes: the causes of the reasons why Des would turn his back on Manly (and of course I don't believe he would do this purely for money)

No wonder the vibe of the team yesterday was so flat! They would have known already.

The jokers who have caused the troubles should be thrown out as soon as possible. Harmony on the board is essential for on field success.

And I thought Des Hasler placed a high importance on loyalty - I am extremely disappointed in him - and in Crusher if he leaves too :s

Passion and loyalty is what drives the supporters of all clubs - likewise although the players are professional they are still driven in equal parts by passion and loyalty to the team just as much as the will to win and the desire to earn a good living.

To be honest I really don't think it was about the money with Des. It was about funding and structure for all 3 grades. Des isn't a career coach.

If you can't work with certain people within the club and push comes to shove then you go were your services will be appreciated.

I will still wait until I hear that its official from Dessie mouth. I will always love this club.

If it turns out to be true the hurt will take a long time to subside but one thing is for certain heads need to roll for letting it happen.

RE: NEWS FLASH: Des is going to the Dogs in 2013

Des Hasler to doggies. Wow what happend to the family friendly culture at your club. Seems all your players/coaches are money hungry.

Okay but with all honesty i'd take back any chance of you guys going back to back

Disappointing and the timing sucks, but how many coaches, (apart from Bennett) stay at a club for 10 years these days.

Des is a dual premieship player and coach. A club legend. Always will be.

The board didn't handle the Zorba situation well, but facts are we needed a new, more dynamic person in charge of media affairs. If Zorba's time is up, you just can't keep him because he's Dessie's mate.

Assuming Desie does stay on to complete his contract (I hope he does), hopefully he and the older boys will really galvanise at one last crack at it together.

Then if the 28-30 years olds want to move on they can and we build an exciting new era under a new coach and lead by DCE and Foran.

Phantar said:
Eagles2nv said:
All the articles keep linking back to smh. But if the the dogs are hosting a press conference, i guess it will be basically official.

The Bulldogs may merely be announcing that Dymock is confirmed as coach for 2012.

Let's not run ahead of ourselves here. We have different media outlets with differing stories. So who do you believe?

Fair point. Have they not already announced dymock will coach in 2012?

It seems strange that there is a salary cap on players (although you wouldn't think it the way Parra threw so much at Hoppa) and yet a coach and thee off-field staff can be paid anything.
If money equals success then we better get used to Tinkler winning premierships from now on in.

I'm sorry I am dirty on all of this. Who could've leaked info for that first article? Great timing in all this first Hoppa now Des, couldn't we be allowed to enjoy the premiership for a week!
Maybe sacking our old media manager has allowed for a bit of payback in playing with the info leaked?Doubtful and silly I know but I'm so annoyed....

Des Hasler will quit the Manly Sea Eagles.

In a stunning development, the 2011 premiership-winning coach will announce tomorrow he will walk away from Brookvale after next season.

It is undertsood Hasler will sign a long-term deal at Canterbury worth $750,000 a season.

A rival publication reported only this morning that Hasler would stay at Manly - their information was dead wrong.

Hasler's shift to Belmore will shock Manly fans.

He has won two premierships at Brookvale and is regarded as one of the best coaches in the NRL.

Hasler's relationship with football club and leagues club chairman Bob Reilly and rookie COO David Perry has deteriorated in recent weeks.

i dont know if we can blame perry. He inherited a good team on the park and a split team off it. If the only thing perry has done is review zorbas position, its hardly earth shattering. In any corporate organisation everyone needs to know there place and to be honest manly has been full of chiefs for a while now. ITs in there long term interest to sort the **** sooner rather than later. Lowe was bought on as they knew it was rotton and he only did a part of the job. I dont know what perry will be remembered for in the future but **** had to change. Des was probably not the expected loss but if he has got the ****s over zorba then thats his decision. Judge that as we may. Anyways good luck to des i reckon, Its his choice. Judging from the remarks everyone has a point of no return,supporters, coaches, players, I exercised mine some time back

Melbourne Eagle said:
Assuming Desie does stay on to complete his contract (I hope he does), hopefully he and the older boys will really galvanise at one last crack at it together.

No f**king way!!! If Des signing with the Dogs in 2013 is confirmed, then he can walk out now as far Ï'm concerned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8