Des needs to start picking the best available 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
While I do think Parker has to go eventually, I’m sure you mean Harper who should never pull on our jersey again

When Turbo comes back I hope it’s bye bye Saab and Tuipulotu takes his place. It’s nice seeing a winger on our side actually make metres

You are right @eaglebuzz , we all know it, but at the same time, it's the old school dinosaur here we are dealing with. Harper / Parker will be our 3-4 next week. Bunnies will school us. Imagine Mitchell was aiming up on Harper hahaha

Parker?????? Do t you mean Harper?
I'm sure he does mate.

The good think with Scorpio, is you know what you're going to get. His best isn't too far adrift from his worst, so there's consistency there. He'll never be a world beater. But that even keeled Paul Stephenson type we used to have (remember him?) - very similar players actually. The Des Hasler type.

1650543995714.png

You are right @eaglebuzz , we all know it, but at the same time, it's the old school dinosaur here we are dealing with. Harper / Parker will be our 3-4 next week. Bunnies will school us. Imagine Mitchell was aiming up on Harper hahaha
How many were scored down our left side tonight? Parker cut Ramien down all night and was matched with Lawton on his inside in a largely unfamiliar role playing 80. Harper on the other hand…….

Nothing like a loss hey Ryan. You just love it, pretty quiet when we win.

I'm actually quite vocal, and tend to run threads bare after wins (i.e. there's not enough people replying - and the convo stalls - you see my name as the last commenter). You must be thinking of someone else, or your perception is well and truly 12 inches up your date plug? hahahaha

I'm actually quite vocal, and tend to run threads bare after wins (i.e. there's not enough people replying - and the convo stalls - you see my name as the last commenter). You must be thinking of someone else, or your perception is well and truly 12 inches up your date plug? hahahaha
Ok you run with that. But please don’t jump on the bandwagon when things are going well. After all our multiple premiership winning coach is a dinosaur and clueless.

Ok you run with that. But please don’t jump on the bandwagon when things are going well. After all our multiple premiership winning coach is a dinosaur and clueless.
It's been 11 years since he won a GF mate. I'd see nothing wrong with bringing in a Cooper Cronk type for application to the modern game. And tonight, some of the coaching was horrendous:

1. Harper back in, replacing one of our better players;
2. Compressed defense against a wide distributing team with points galore on their edges;
3. Lawton starting against a big middle team;

Making a suggestion about improvement (as an opinion) is positive isn't it? Because the outcome we want is "winning" isn't it?

It's been 11 years since he won a GF mate. I'd see nothing wrong with bringing in a Cooper Cronk type for application to the modern game. And tonight, some of the coaching was horrendous:

1. Harper back in, replacing one of our better players;
2. Compressed defense against a wide distributing team with points galore on their edges;
3. Lawton starting against a big middle team;

Making a suggestion about improvement (as an opinion) is positive isn't it? Because the outcome we want is "winning" isn't it?
It wasn’t pretty that’s for sure however we were significantly down on troops especially forwards much more than the gummy’s. I think Harpers form had been on the improve however tonight’s performance was unacceptable. I would be very surprised if he is selected next week and koula is not a permanent fixture in the centres for the remainder of the season. I guess throwing Lawton into the starting line up allowed us the luxury of carrying koula on the bench. 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure he does mate.

The good think with Scorpio, is you know what you're going to get. His best isn't too far adrift from his worst, so there's consistency there. He'll never be a world beater. But that even keeled Paul Stephenson type we used to have (remember him?) - very similar players actually. The Des Hasler type.

View attachment 20855
Why compare Parker to Paul Stephenson. They are nothing alike mate. Steppa played 40 odd games for us at a time when we couldn’t attract an ant to honey. Parker has near on played 100 games for us and counting. Not a dig at you @Ryan but I honestly don’t get the Parker beef around here. Isn’t he a local junior on modest coin, great club man, well liked by his team mates, cleanskin, tackles his ass off, never shirks a run. Still the first Centre picked for mine old Hank.

Why compare Parker to Paul Stephenson. They are nothing alike mate. Steppa played 40 odd games for us at a time when we couldn’t attract an ant to honey. Parker has near on played 100 games for us and counting. Not a dig at you @Ryan but I honestly don’t get the Parker beef around here. Isn’t he a local junior on modest coin, great club man, well liked by his team mates, cleanskin, tackles his ass off, never shirks a run. Still the first Centre picked for mine old Hank.

What was wrong with Steppa? I liked him? I literally think the way they play are very similar. Power centre (not speed), could hit in defense. Also, I think his brother still posts here - I was always a fan.

What was wrong with Steppa? I liked him? I literally think the way they play are very similar. Power centre (not speed), could hit in defense. Also, I think his brother still posts here - I was always a fan.
He had his moments old Steppa. Parker’s a funny one as plenty of supporters from other teams rate him, he just gets the beef on these boards - mainly for not being quick enough. I don’t think Steppa got near where Parker is career wise, ironically petering out with Cronulla as a backrower.

Harper wont be there next week, I kean Des like to pick and stick but that has its limits...

He had his moments old Steppa. Parker’s a funny one as plenty of supporters from other teams rate him, he just gets the beef on these boards - mainly for not being quick enough. I don’t think Steppa got near where Parker is career wise, ironically petering out with Cronulla as a backrower.

I can appreciate a good power centre mate. Remember, Terry Hill wasn't quick. Steve Matai wasn't quick. A good power centre can be damaging as all hell. Stephenson played with us in an era were acquiring one / two marquee players a year (Kite, Bell, Lyon, Kennedy). The bloke could tackle, and despite his size, he could jump for a high ball really well. Heck, look at that Sharkies bloke today.

I don't have any problem with Parker in the team. He and Garrick work really well together. I don't think a winger can score more points than anyone else in the league ever, if they don't have a good distributing centre and backrower.

Anyways, yeah - I liked Steppa. Met him a few times. His heart was in it 100%

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10