Des on the news!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think everyone in the system knows we are nothing without him and it shows. That is what i see is our biggest obstacle
I suspect the timing of his injury (re-injury, injury 3.0, etc) killed any optimism the squad might have been feeling for the new season. After all the talk of how great he was feeling/training, how "science" had saved his hammies, he then ahem! slips in the shower and is out again. Couldn't have been worse, really.

I suspect the timing of his injury (re-injury, injury 3.0, etc) killed any optimism the squad might have been feeling for the new season. After all the talk of how great he was feeling/training, how "science" had saved his hammies, he then ahem! slips in the shower and is out again. Couldn't have been worse, really.

You may well be correct Ronnie ... but what would that say about the mental toughness of our team ... and the inability of Dessie and his staff to counteract such a destructive malaise that it results in a team going from contenders to chumps in a hand-basket overnight ...

You may well be correct Ronnie ... but what would that say about the mental toughness of our team ... and the inability of Dessie and his staff to counteract such a destructive malaise that it results in a team going from contenders to chumps in a hand-basket overnight ...
Maybe its a coaches job to do those things short term when challenges arise but the players have ultimate responsibility in regards to performance . We have all of last year to use as an example and so do they.

If the coach has to pump them up every game, every half time it losses its affect. Maybe we just have a rather large collection of pussies who are pretty unprofessional and are happy to take the pay checque without busting a poop vessel

Some of these pretenders we cant even sack without making our future worse. I think if it continues though some players of reputation will be getting a shoulder tap and having matty ballin as there weekend boss

If tommy comes back and the team fires its just sticky taping over the cracks . And if the do fire is dessy suddenly a different coach ?

Maybe its a coaches job to do those things short term when challenges arise but the players have ultimate responsibility in regards to performance . We have all of last year to use as an example and so do they.

If the coach has to pump them up every game, every half time it losses its affect. Maybe we just have a rather large collection of pussies who are pretty unprofessional and are happy to take the pay checque without busting a poop vessel

Some of these pretenders we cant even sack without making our future worse. I think if it continues though some players of reputation will be getting a shoulder tap and having matty ballin as there weekend boss

If tommy comes back and the team fires its just sticky taping over the cracks . And if the do fire is dessy suddenly a different coach ?

Yes, a player is ultimately responsible for his own performance ... but The buck stops with the coach ... one, two, three or even 4 players out of 30 playing below their capabilities can be put on the players ... BUT every single player in the team playing busted? .. for 1 win in 13 games ... that points to far greater issues than a couple of players being out of form ..

Last edited:

I said in a different thread ... if that happens you have to question why you bother having a coach ..

Would look good on his CV ... outstanding Coach if Tom plays .... shiite Coach if he doesn't ..

Yes, a player is ultimately responsible for his own performance ... but The buck stops with the coach ... one, two, three or even 4 players out of 30 playing below their capabilities can be put on the players ... BUT every single player in the team playing busted? .. for 1 win in 13 games ... that points to far greater issues than a couple of players being out of form ..
It's funny how you never employed this same measuring stick to Barrett. I can't help but chuckle each time you flip and flop.

It's funny how you never employed this same measuring stick to Barrett. I can't help but chuckle each time you flip and flop.

On the piss again ... It's funny how you have stopped putting #InDeswetrust and "now that we have a good coach" in every post you make ... as a matter of fact you have gone very quite except when you get pissed and come on with a childish shot at me ...

But to respond to your comment ... Barrett never got down to 1 win in 13 starts ... even in his worst season 2018 , the worst losing streak was 4 games ..

remember when you used to love posting Dessie's coaching stats ... I'll help you out here ... that means Dessie has won just 7.7% of his last 13 games ...

On the piss again ... It's funny how you have stopped putting #InDeswetrust and "now that we have a good coach" in every post you make ... as a matter of fact you have gone very quite except when you get pissed and come on with a childish shot at me ...

But to respond to your comment ... Barrett never got down to 1 win in 13 starts ... even in his worst season 2018 , the worst losing streak was 4 games ..

remember when you used to love posting Dessie's coaching stats ... I'll help you out here ... that means Dessie has won just 7.7% of his last 13 games ...
To be fair, Baz had Turbo, AFB, Koroisau and Fainu available for most of 2018.

To be fair, Baz had Turbo, AFB, Koroisau and Fainu available for most of 2018.

And Des sold AFB and Koroisau to the gypsies ... and he has known Fainu would be out for most of the year at best ... and he has known the results of not having a competitive fullback .. and did sweet bugger all about it ...

But Pepi, don't get confused by the numbnuts attempted shot at me ... he brought Barrett up like he always does ... I personally don't compare the two ...

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than Dessie winning 2 more Premierships for us ... but at 1 - 13 people are right to be concerned .. with or without Tommy ..

@Pepi ... and just for clarity, my opinion is simply that this is Dessie's 3rd year in charge, any players here are his players, and coaching and support staff are his staff, and any structures plans or systems are his structures, plans and systems ..

So we are going like busted's ... but then I think of Dessies's past great service and success and think that if anybody can turn it around .. it is Dessie ..

But .. then I remember his last few seasons at the Bulldogs ... and doubt creeps in ...

So ... I am conflicted ..

Thank you for the reminder.

Des Hasler is a two time Manly premiership coach.
He has five Grand appearances as a coach.
Sixteen finals series.
2 Premierships for Manly as a player.

Trent Barrett is a doughnut with zero premier ships in ANY capacity. Think on that.

I still believe he will turn it all around.

The Hasler story is not yet complete.

Time will prove one of us to be correct.

Go Manly!

@Pepi ... and just for clarity, my opinion is simply that this is Dessie's 3rd year in charge, any players here are his players, and coaching and support staff are his staff, and any structures plans or systems are his structures, plans and systems ..

So we are going like busted's ... but then I think of Dessies's past great service and success and think that if anybody can turn it around .. it is Dessie ..

But .. then I remember his last few seasons at the Bulldogs ... and doubt creeps in ...

So ... I am conflicted ..
In other words, I'll have a ten each way thanks.

Thank you for the reminder.

Des Hasler is a two time Manly premiership coach.
He has five Grand appearances as a coach.
Sixteen finals series.
2 Premierships for Manly as a player.

Trent Barrett is a doughnut with zero premier ships in ANY capacity. Think on that.

I still believe he will turn it all around.

The Hasler story is not yet complete.

Time will prove one of us to be correct.

Go Manly!
Sorry kev, I cant support you this time.

Id honestly prefer Trent at this stage. I don't have any belief or trust in Des, his time is well and truly past him and his name will be tarnished forever unless he resigns after tonights 70 point thrashing. Just my opinion but I'm thinking tonight will go down in the record books

Sorry kev, I cant support you this time.

Id honestly prefer Trent at this stage. I don't have any belief or trust in Des, his time is well and truly past him and his name will be tarnished forever unless he resigns after tonights 70 point thrashing. Just my opinion but I'm thinking tonight will go down in the record books
Fair enough mate, I respect your opinion.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12