Dessie wiped from Manly premiers mug

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I just got the manly premiers mug. Which has the team photo celebrating with the trophy.

I noticed that dessie deleted from the photo.

What does everyone think of that?

50/50 for me. On one hand, good for the bastard. The way he went about things he deserves to be forgotten. On the other hand, he did do a fantastic job with the team and that can't be denied or forgotten.
I'd just enjoy the mug for what it is worth. Sit back, take a sip, and dream about the coming season. She's gonna be a good one!!

byso said:
I just got the manly premiers mug. Which has the team photo celebrating with the trophy.

I noticed that dessie deleted from the photo.

What does everyone think of that?

If the club did that, it's only because they want to sell the mugs.
With the majority of fans' backlash against "what's-his-name", I believe the club made a business decision to remove him.

There's no point putting the fans in two minds, like - "Oh, I'd really like to buy a Premiers mug, but do I want to look at the P#@$%! everytime I lift it to my face???"

This way, it's easier for them to sell the mugs.

---

I will get one but I'm waiting us to win the wcc so I can get both pics on the one framed poster

I think its a shame and I for one (am I the only one?) think we should be bigger than this. Its petty and childish to remove his face from a mug.

Des was a part of a hugely successful era and should be recognised as such.

Now, we're into another phase and I think we're all looking forward to that.

Eagles Terrorist said:
I think its a shame and I for one (am I the only one?) think we should be bigger than this. Its petty and childish to remove his face from a mug.

Des was a part of a hugely successful era and should be recognised as such.

Now, we're into another phase and I think we're all looking forward to that.

Totally agree, he was the coach of the premiership winning team.

You are only paying for one mug so why should they give you two?

I bought the bar runner and Despot is not on that either.

I hope Ramrod is right and it's just a commercial decision.

Otherwise it might appear petty and that we are not moving on. It wouldn't be a good look to hold on to any resentment at this stage, with so much to look forward to with this year's great team.

He's not in some of my 08 memorabilia either. I think it may have more to do with the fact he is standing at the back in an awkward position, than us snubbing him. Take a look at the photo and you will see everyone is huddled in, yet Hasler is up the back almost seperated from the group. It would be an issue getting him onto a mug etc due to the spacing issue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8