Did API help DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
if only DCE could play one good game. Just imagine it, he might even be able to grow from that and play in the grand final one day, at a stretch he could even win the Clive Churchill but not like those ordinary bludgers he could be in the losing team.

Alas just dreams I guess but Api did have q good running game (albeit with a poor kicking and 5th tackles game) so not worth risking it with DCE

When we have to go back to GF's from 3 seasons ago, it kind of shows he is off his usual high standards.
We all know he is a few classes above Api as a player... but in 4 games has not made a line break compared to Api's 3 in 1 game.
Again...he is trying hard & maybe thinking too much...playing simple & attacking defenders back peddling, rather than a front rowers charge will help.
No doubt will come good & to win end of season games- DCE is a top 3 priority player for Manly.

To be fair, he did have shoulder surgery in the off season. Meaning he wouldn't have had a full pre season. Has been well below par, but has never really been consistent, in his entire career. It's just scrutinised & acknowledged more so now, due to his current deal & the fact that he can no longer hide behind our former chief playmaker, Foran. He's obviously also learning to play the role of chief playmaker, whilst coming to terms with the fact, that he must play structured football, as opposed to the ad lib type of game he's suited to.

Another factor is that all opposition teams have been focusing on DCE and he has had no room to move. If we had more team structure and DCE was more confident in Walker then he might create more time and space.

Another factor is that all opposition teams have been focusing on DCE and he has had no room to move. If we had more team structure and DCE was more confident in Walker then he might create more time and space.
This has merit in the sense... Defence would be on red alert with DCE running compared to Api.
Thing is, DCE has still looked like a player looking to create than run.....& regardless how much top shelf players are watched due to a step, speed , fend ....they still find a way & this is what separates them as greats.
Personally believe he will become that player defenders target all day...but simply can't contain.

watching the game last night i thought both he & walker got a bit of 'try line fever' & tried to often to go themselves. its good that they back themselves, but when they do it so often the defence is awake to it.

Bingo. On the right Koroisau wouldn't pass the ball outside to Killer or Tommy and was always looking to dart back towards the middle. On the left Walker starved Skivy, Jorge and Kapow of the ball and always running to his left made him equally predictable towards the end of the game.

Look, they both had good running games last night, but the other aspects of their play (kicks, passes, late tackle options) were below average at best. I still think that if DCE had played last night, even with his recent lackluster form, we win and win well.

Yes Api did a very good job under the circumstances.....but lets not get carried away. Against that Souffs team last night the way we dominated the final 70 minutes we should have won. Their defence wasn't good or even courageous, it was just lucky that we basically had no idea what to do with the ball.

To be fair, he did have shoulder surgery in the off season. Meaning he wouldn't have had a full pre season. Has been well below par, but has never really been consistent, in his entire career. It's just scrutinised & acknowledged more so now, due to his current deal & the fact that he can no longer hide behind our former chief playmaker, Foran. He's obviously also learning to play the role of chief playmaker, whilst coming to terms with the fact, that he must play structured football, as opposed to the ad lib type of game he's suited to.
He is suited to that ad lib style. Should just run more and not second guess himself. That will come with confidence with himself and the support players around him

I have just realised we have some of the stupidest supporters getting around.

The stupidest? Really? Harsh...

g138014444799238123.jpg

As good as he was he helped DCE. Running game was amazing. But his kicking game and game game control was non existent. If he can improve those two inbthe next month it will get interesting.

Nice his ball playing and distribution was poor but managed to get MOM in a losing team . I think he went great hope he keeps improving as we need him in the next couple of weeks.
So because 9 gave him man of the match means he played well at Half.
If Tapau wears 7 next week and runs 300m sure he probably played well doesn't mean he is a half. Api played well and Im sure I was cheering as loud as anyone else but imo he played like an impact utility would. Calls for him to be brought into the team to replace Matai or Lyon are ridiculous. If he were to come onto the bench when Daly is back and play as a impact player I think is his best fit.

So because 9 gave him man of the match means he played well at Half.
If Tapau wears 7 next week and runs 300m sure he probably played well doesn't mean he is a half. Api played well and Im sure I was cheering as loud as anyone else but imo he played like an impact utility would. Calls for him to be brought into the team to replace Matai or Lyon are ridiculous. If he were to come onto the bench when Daly is back and play as a impact player I think is his best fit.
No.... But because he selectively ran the ball when the opposition was on the back foot he deserves credit
Modern game is not about having to go wide to find space, or pass to a centre against sliding defence when the gaps are now closer to the ruck area.
Kapow is simply " let's TRY contain him" as compared to a half who has 4 options... Pass inside... outside....RUN (with the option of offload) or ....kick
Big Difference.

No.... But because he selectively ran the ball when the opposition was on the back foot he deserves credit
Modern game is not about having to go wide to find space, or pass to a centre against sliding defence when the gaps are now closer to the ruck area.
Kapow is simply " let's TRY contain him" as compared to a half who has 4 options... Pass inside... outside....RUN (with the option of offload) or ....kick
Big Difference.
I agree Api played well and Ill be smiling when he gets picked this week imo he is currently our best option. But if in our team at full strength he is hooker or impact off the bench. I think the latter.

I'd love to see Parcell in the halves, Api at hooker & walker in the centres. Parcell tackles like a machine & exerts a lot of energy. It would be more beneficial if he saved some for the attack. He's quicker than Koroisau & is also an excellent support player.

I'd love to see Parcell in the halves, Api at hooker & walker in the centres. Parcell tackles like a machine & exerts a lot of energy. It would be more beneficial if he saved some for the attack. He's quicker than Koroisau & is also an excellent support player.
Can't knock that assessment.... Parcell would add spark in the halves but as the season kicks on, will tear them apart in the middle.
Personally prefer him at dummy half, but can see your point 100%

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6