Did Cliffy and Beaver sneak on the field

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure I agree. Johns was a great competitor with individual skills and a will to win, but as a team playmaker, I'd have Cliffy ahead. And I can't agree with the "limited skillset" comment - most judges would agree that Cliffy was one of the most skillful players ever. Johns may have had a better kicking game, but who gets excited about a kick? Give me a well timed pass that puts a support into a hole any day. That's rugby league to me.
Cliffy was the better hole creating ball player----just based on that element alone basically created as many try scoring assists as Johns more rounded skillset.

Andrew Johns was a danger in many ways beyond just passing---- kicking game was dangerous, general passing to set up plays later on in the set or for game management, creating half breaks and momentum sets, even stronger when he ran at the line to break tackles.(even though a young Cliffy was not bad in this area also)

From a straight out passing assists viewpoint Cliffy will never be matched ever again but beyond passing at the line Cliffy didn't create much from other areas of his game.

When judges say "Cliffy was one of the most skillful players ever" if that is actually the case I'm sure what they are really referring to is Cliffys skillful ball playing but not in a rounded skillful way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6