Did Lyon pick up an injury?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So from here on out the players will be dressed in mattresses to safe guard themselves from injuries. ::)

It's a risk every time they step out on to the paddock regardless of what colour jersey's they're wearing.

true Cam but remember they are doing alright with Darius Boyd. Also, Illawarra have had so many junior interationals so at least they usually keep their top kids (salary cap pending) They had Hornby at fullback as well so not bad custodian.

Remember Glenn was very average as a junior compared to Brett. I taught at their old primary school and Brett was superstar and Glenn was a small tackler/worker which are usually a dime a dozen eg Luke Williamson type. Glenn eventually kicked on but how many of his type didn't? We have had a few:

Glenn certainly had a great 2008/2009 season. 2010 was obviously the brother thing so we can let that go. 2011 will be a makeshift year for him. I doubt he will play top level rep stuff again yet Choc remained after his 2010 form. I truly cannot see Rodney being able to play a full season and lasting!! After the many major injuries he has suffered I cannot see how his body can go thru 26 rounds.

Look at Burgess and Taylor: They are going to rip up the comp. We cannot say that about any of our forwards (except Choc) Asostasi is same as many of our older group, cannot regain that old form due to age and injury.

Fluffy, I meant that major injuries ruin players careers eg Sullivan, Tanuika, etc. Matt Bowen has never been the same.  

We limped into 2010 finals and got smashed, how is this years team which is so similar going to be anything different. We could have played that semi against Dragons for 3 days and never would have scored, it was nrl vs local league.

Darren link said:
we have to have trials, seems cherrington is similar to our own Dean Whare (missing with injury again in trial)  :(

Big shame as Whare has so much potential but seems injury is going to hold him back, as I said you should have seen him at junior level, you can see why Saints let him go, they knew he was too injury prone and had major reco's , we took a chance but may not pay off. Roosters had choice of Kane Linnett and Whare (both toyota centres for Dragons) and Roosters choose right again grrrrr!!!!!!

I think Linnett was out with injury last year about round 16 or 18. I just think we need older players these young blokes are always injured. lol

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297560215[/time]

Darren link said:
we have to have trials, seems cherrington is similar to our own Dean Whare (missing with injury again in trial)  :(

Big shame as Whare has so much potential but seems injury is going to hold him back, as I said you should have seen him at junior level, you can see why Saints let him go, they knew he was too injury prone and had major reco's , we took a chance but may not pay off. Roosters had choice of Kane Linnett and Whare (both toyota centres for Dragons) and Roosters choose right again grrrrr!!!!!!

I think Linnett was out with injury last year about round 16 or 18. I just think we need older players these young blokes are always injured. lol

Darren, seems to me you can't see much at all.  All doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked in anger.  I wouldn't be sprouting about St George/Illawarra.  Just how many premierships have they won since the 70s.  And they've had lots of 'local juniors'.  And are Burgess and Taylor going to rip inot this year?  who says?  From the one trial I saw we have some youngsters who are looking pretty good in the front row stakes.  Forget last year.  It was just a year to forget all round for lots of reasons unrelated to what went on on the field.  This year looks to me to be a good one. 

Burgess is a great player but Taylor is nothing special.  Stewart can easily rip it up.  He is very creative and creates lots of opportunities for us.  I would much rather Stewart than Taylor.  Agree that we limped into the finals last year but the main reason for that was due to injuries and suspensions.  If we keep the majority of our squad on the field we should be dangerous, if we get a few key injuries it will be like last year and we will struggle, just like most sides would.

Darren link said:
you can see why Saints let him go

Strange comment Darren considering Bennett was filthy that he left the club, which I am sure you have posted yourself at times as well

sometimes what they say in the media isn't actually what was meant. DMS5, as if Des is going to play the juniors!!! It will be Cross, Joe etc on that bench. Oldfield looked great the other night but he won't get a look in, nor will Palau and Cunningham. It will be interesting to watch. However, if these 'experienced" stars fail again this season are we going to keep the status quo or will the fans turn on them. All I am saying is that we are choc full of older guys who I think their best years have passed due to age and years in nrl. I will go on record and name them: lyon, king, kite, joe, glenn, rodney, robbo. Let's see if they can "play better than in 2010"

have we heard any news on killer yet, maybe now news is good news ? Darren for me that players to watch in regards to age/form would be Kite,Joe,Cross,Rose,King,Robbo

We really need Killer on the paddock and fit this season to have any chance of making the top 8. Let's hope it ws only a knock. It will take a few days to see how much the injury has been.

Darren link said:
sometimes what they say in the media isn't actually what was meant. DMS5, as if Des is going to play the juniors!!! It will be Cross, Joe etc on that bench. Oldfield looked great the other night but he won't get a look in, nor will Palau and Cunningham. It will be interesting to watch. However, if these 'experienced\" stars fail again this season are we going to keep the status quo or will the fans turn on them. All I am saying is that we are choc full of older guys who I think their best years have passed due to age and years in nrl. I will go on record and name them: lyon, king, kite, joe, glenn, rodney, robbo. Let's see if they can \"play better than in 2010\"

Lyon and Rodney were not amongst our best last year : They were our best. Full stop. And while I think Robbo is heading towards the end I wouldn't say he has been disappointing. Jamie is the key in this team, was last year and will be again this year.

Darren, if you are going to put Lyon in the "best years are passed them group", after the season he had last year, you have lost the plot

Forwards, especially props, usually get better with age. I'd take Petero Civinoceva in a heartbeat  even though he's nearly 100.

Jamie had a great year, like Rodney, but when the finals stuff came round they were crocked. Already, in his 1st game, he is back injured. The signs looked troubling.

Plenty of youngsters injured at the back end of last year as well Darren.

But hey you wouldn't have noticed that the kids get injured too because you are just about one of the worst judges of a player going around. 

I just stick with what I see and know champ, rather than dribbling on about anyone old enough to shave being a dinosaur. 

Darren - Foran and Whare were injured at the end of last year and they were two of our youngest. Injuries happen very often at this level of rugby league. I can imagine your despair when we signed Ben Kennedy a few years ago.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7