Didn't want to leave, loved it at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just saw this story, and surprised there's no thread about it here yet! Good on Moses for telling it how it is.
It doesn't erase the diappointment of losing Fifita, Alec, and Suli himself for that matter, but I find it reassuring to hear that Manly is a place those players want to be.

It's not as though they were busting to get out of the joint. It's just business.

Tartak comes out of this looking bad. Not that he looked good before.

Moses was always very savvy in his media dealings
Lol.
Many young players are, how can I put this... far from worldly, and ripe for exploitation by unscrupulous types. Not to suggest Tartak has done that. However the way Moses spoke I couldn't help wondering.

In fairness to all concerned, sometimes, as a sports person, you have to make tough decisions. While you may be thriving and loving one environment, chances and opportunities in another may be something that are too good to refuse.
As a young sports star, you have to make tough decisions that can have a long term effect. Hopefully, those that are entrusted with making crucial decisions have the best interests of the player at heart.

Last edited:
Even more hilarious cause Dragons fans were all "WTF Manly" (signing Woods), "we got thier best young props so exciting and moving forward" to this an hour later🤣 of couse the maroon and white is where the boys wanna be🦅😏. Find it interesting that it was thier manager pulling the strings even though reluctantly from the boys and media trying to pull the "Manly LETTING their best young players go"🤨. Anyways even though unfortunately we've lost them to a basket case, at least we can all be happy to know Manly is a place that players wanna play and represent... unlike the Dragons🤣🤣

“We’ve got the same manager and (Tartak) let me know that (Fifita) was looking to come here and from what my manager said, (Fifita) didn’t want to come, he loved it over there at Manly,” Suli said.

What? Huh?

In fairness to all concerned, sometimes, as a sports person, you have to make tough decisions. While you may be thriving and loving one environment, chances and opportunities in another may be something that are too good to refuse.
As a young sports star, you have to make tough decisions that can have a long term effect. Hopefully, those that are entrusted with making crucial decisions have the best interests of the player at heart.
Is that what happened to you?

On player managers , just talking over the weekend about the possibility of restricting how many players a manager could have at the one club , to avoid them holding any club to ransom with mass players .
We may fall into this in the future
Any thoughts ??

On player managers , just talking over the weekend about the possibility of restricting how many players a manager could have at the one club , to avoid them holding any club to ransom with mass players .
Any thoughts ??
It's a hard one, as I mentioned recently the risk of conflict of interest when acting for multiple players is ever present. Really comes down to an agent being ethical and open with clients about this problem, and yet they also have to maintain confidentiality re any given negotiation.

If you say an agent can't have more than X number of players at one club it would mean depending who your agent is, you may be excluded from going to X number of clubs, which would be unfair.

Yep, "too good to refuse" financially. Lots (not all) young players have devoted so much of their time to developing sportwise and realistically sporting success may be their best chance at making good money. Many haven't come from backgrounds that make it easier to excel academically. Add to this the fact (as I've heard in many interviews with players and elsewhere) that for Polynesian players family is central to everything they do, so a chance for one family member to lift the whole family to a more comfortable level would be incredibly hard to resist.

I saw the Netflix doco on Manti Te'o, an NFL player of Samoan ancestry, in which it was mentioned that for his culture absolutely everything revolved around "faith family and football". Made me think of our NRL players and how many would have similar culture and expectations.

Any thoughts ??
Probably not a bad idea but would most likely run into restraint of trade legal challenges.

Any thoughts ??

Yeah ... stupid ... so if we really want to sign Harry Grant on unders ... and Harry really wants to play and live at Manly ... deals agreed .... BUT HOLD YOUR HORSES ... he can't be cause his manager has a couple of players here already ... nonsense .

Guess that it might be prudent just to go with Flanagen " s take that it was primary for financial reasons from Manly "s perspective . Then perceived better opportunity from the departing players outlook plus the money factor . Then the range of players in re signing situations , short term , guys like Bulemor , Parker , longer term no doubt Koula , Schuster , Oloka - atu maybe even prospects like young Gordie, Samual Fainu . Still interesting to pick up Woods in the process considering that Alioia can switch back to a prop role as well . Anyway , looks like done and dusted now and just time to move on . No doubt also Moses would have preferred to stay but Manly could not justify his 550 k yearly pay . Dragons may have had some indifferent form to date but still have the inkling that they will still be a bit of a hurdle for whatever reason when Manly play them this season , Hope that i am wrong but can "t ignore precedents .

Any thoughts ??
Its called a salary cap,not a manager cap

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4